Quick 3 Month Visa Question

hola,

i'm a brit wanting to travel in thailand for 3 months. i'm already in bkk. whats the rotine? do i need to fill out forms etc? wheres best to go? cambodia? do i have to travel to phenom pehn to do it?

can anyone help please.

superb!

s

Last I checked Bangkok was in Thailand so you are already there if you are here.

Assume you have no visa but only a 30 day stay. You cross a border and return for another 30 day stay and then one more time for another 30 day stay.

Or if you don't want to make that extra trip go to Vientiane or Penang and obtain a tourist visa to allow a 60 day stay. I would not recommend Cambodia.

ok. cheers. but i don't want to keep running to the boarder every 30 days. its a long hall and to be honest i can't be bothered either. ha. is there a way to get a 90 day visa. if so how where etc.

cheers for the reply.

s

ok. cheers. but i don't want to keep running to the boarder every 30 days. its a long hall and to be honest i can't be bothered either. ha. is there a way to get a 90 day visa. if so how where etc.

cheers for the reply.

s

Unless you a married to a Thai national or qualify for any other non immigrant visa then you will not be able to get a 3 month visa.

The only option is to follow lopburi3's advice and visit a Thai Embassy or Consulate outside of Thailand and apply for a tourist visa. This will allow you to stay within Thailand for 60 days. You could then apply for a 30 day extension at one of the immigration offices in Thailand.

totster :o

Last I checked Bangkok was in Thailand so you are already there if you are here.

Unneccesary sarcasm. He said he wanted to travel IN Thailand not TO Thailand.

Marry a Thai go to Penang and get a non-imm O visa which will get you back in for 90 days during which time you can divorce her. Just a thought and probably not unheard of.

Not really helpful Irish.

By the time he has got the paperowrk to get married his 30 day stamp will probably have expired anyway.

Pop down to Penang and get a tourist visa, that will last you 60 days and can be extended

for a further 30 days, inside Thailand

Edited by astral