Iphone 4S, Ais No Service, And Can Not Call + Hang Up

Nakonamath

Hi, i have a problem on AIS, no other carriers,

When i use AIS, i can not call, it say No service, the signal come back, and when i try make the call, the signal is gone, and the call screen hangs, i press the red hangup button, but it sticks, i can press home button to go out of the phone call function but when i press the call button again, it show the call has not hang up, and there is now no service on the phone

all other carriers work, and my other AIS simcard with 3G internet works

the shop where we bought the phone said, it is because we need to have 3G internet connection when using AIS, to call, What kind of BS is that ?

I dont think the shop af tricking us, as he said many AIS customer came to him about this issue.

Anyone have a solution, other can activating a internet package, ?

Jack

Sorry don't have an answer but experienced identical issues with my iphone 4 and AIS yesterday. Activated 3G as mentioned in your OP and managed to make a call today but maybe just a fluke.

Calls go over 2G circuits; not 3G circuits. Of course this assumes you are not trying to call with some special App that requires a mobile data connection. Heck, if 3G was needed if using AIS probably 90% of it's customers which are probably Thais with vanilla 2G phones would be screaming murder and switching in a heartbeat to AIS/True. I expect it just a phone settings thing when using AIS.

Edited by Pib

Calls go over 2G circuits; not 3G circuits. Of course this assumes you are not trying to call with some special App that requires a mobile data connection. Heck, if 3G was needed if using AIS probably 90% of it's customers which are probably Thais with vanilla 2G phones would be screaming murder and switching in a heartbeat to AIS/True. I expect it just a phone settings thing when using AIS.

You are probably right, I am totally ignorant regarding 3G, but I have been using my iphone with AIS for over a year with no difficulties and on the same day as the OP I have the exact same problem. Something somewhere must have been changed.

You are probably right, I am totally ignorant regarding 3G, but I have been using my iphone with AIS for over a year with no difficulties and on the same day as the OP I have the exact same problem. Something somewhere must have been changed.

Lol.............. in a bad network, which can fall back on 2G, you right that it would hand back..... i repeat...... BAD network. By right, all voice calls should be carried on 3G, which means you can talk on the phone, and still surf the web ( i.e. if using Galaxy Note with headset ).

Standard 3G network KPI's cover both Voice and Data CSSR, CDR etc....., but most operators do not consider a hand over to 2G as a drop. ( which in essence it is. ). Main reason for hand over is bad EC/IO

AIS has the worst 3G network in thailand so far.

Can you provide any detail re: your AIS SIM(s)? It sounds like you have at least two? Are these pre-paid (One-2-Call)? Post-paid (AIS)? If post-paid are they both GSM Advance or is one GSM1800? Have you had these for a long time?

Without a lot more detail my best guesses would be that the faulty SIM is GSM1800 (an AIS brand name utilizing an older, trouble-prone network), or you are encountering issues as a result of roaming onto TOT.

You can port (transfer) your AIS number(s) to TrueMove H or DTAC if you feel AIS seem incapable of addressing your issue(s).

Edited by lomatopo

You can port (transfer) your AIS number(s) to TrueMove H or DTAC if you feel AIS seem incapable of addressing your issue(s).

Not sure what the status of porting is, I would recommend a new number if you are going to switch. The porting is a political nightmare and the queues were long the last time I ported a number.

Exactly,

Well i have used AIS for 3 Y no problems, My wifes Simcard no problem untill we stuck it in the Iphone 4S, and now she had this problem maybe 15 times, AIS customer care ( if they really care ?) told her to disable 3G, if she didnt have Internet in the subscribtion, sounds reasonable, however, other said, we had to use 3G............ still Dtac workers what ever setting used

Jack

Exactly,

Well i have used AIS for 3 Y no problems, My wifes Simcard no problem untill we stuck it in the Iphone 4S, and now she had this problem maybe 15 times, AIS customer care ( if they really care ?) told her to disable 3G, if she didnt have Internet in the subscribtion, sounds reasonable, however, other said, we had to use 3G............ still Dtac workers what ever setting used

Jack

Because the 3G network is poor, it's constantly flipping back and forward between 3G and 2G, at least in BKK. From my experience better to lock it to 2G which defeats the purpose if you want to use 3G

Edited by skippybangkok