Espn - Slow To Realize What Sports Are Fun To Watch

It seems like ESPN is slowly coming to realize what sports are actually fun to watch. Of course during primetime they continue to show live baseball, basketball or football.

But what to they tend to broadcast when no live b, b or f events are taking place?

Billiards, strong man, poker, bowling.... in CONDENSED versions.

They don't show reruns of baseball, basketball and football. Why? Because it's BORING.

Why can't they just fully admit that other more individually oriented sports are much more interesting to watch?? They show the same events over and over because we watch them, but unfortunately in CONDENSED VERSIONS (boooooo!)

Quit with the condensed versions.

I want to see womens AND MENS billiards, every round, every game, LIVE so I can't predict who will win by just observing how close it is to the top of the hour.

I want to see every round of the strongest man competition.

I want to see the World Series of Poker in its entirety.

I want to watch every round of this weekend's pro bowling event.

It seems like ESPN is slowly coming to realize what sports are actually fun to watch. Of course during primetime they continue to show live baseball, basketball or football.

But what to they tend to broadcast when no live b, b or f events are taking place?

Billiards, strong man, poker, bowling.... in CONDENSED versions.

They don't show reruns of baseball, basketball and football. Why? Because it's BORING.

Why can't they just fully admit that other more individually oriented sports are much more interesting to watch?? They show the same events over and over because we watch them, but unfortunately in CONDENSED VERSIONS (boooooo!)

Quit with the condensed versions.

I want to see womens AND MENS billiards, every round, every game, LIVE so I can't predict who will win by just observing how close it is to the top of the hour.

I want to see every round of the strongest man competition.

I want to see the World Series of Poker in its entirety.

I want to watch every round of this weekend's pro bowling event.

Do you live in Thailand? ESPN's broadcasting is very much different here than in the U.S. A few MLB playoff/World Series games, a few NBA games each week (the NBA is hugely popular in Asia), and a few few NFL games each week. That's it. Tomorrow's ESPN schedule for Thailand is:

00:00 Sportscenter Asia SPORTSCENTER ASIA

00:30 English Premier Football League 2005/06 05220 : WEST HAM UNITED VS. FULHAM

02:30 Sportscenter Asia SPORTSCENTER ASIA

03:00 Fa Cup 2005/06 05020 : LEED UNITED VS. WIGAN ATHLETIC

05:00 Sportscenter Asia SPORTSCENTER ASIA

05:30 Senior Pga Tour Golf Mastercard Championship SENIOR PGA TOUR GOLF MASTERCARD CHAMPIONSHIP FIRST ROUND

07:29 Sportscenter Update SPORTSCENTER UPDATE

07:30 New American Sportsman 05002

08:00 English Premier Football League 2005/06 05216 : MIDDLESBROUGH VS. WIGAN ATHLETIC

10:00 San Miguel Asian 9-ball Tour Kaohsiung 05033

10:59 Sportscenter Update SPORTSCENTER UPDATE

11:00 Football Focus 05024

12:00 English Premier Football League 2005/06 05214 : BOLTON WANDERERS VS. MANCHESTER CITY

14:00 Asian X Games 2005 Presented By Kia - Show 2 05002

15:00 San Miguel Asian 9-ball Tour Kaohsiung 05033

16:00 English Premier Football League 2005/06 05222 : BIRMINGHAM CITY VS. PORTSMOUTH

18:00 Thailand Ladies Masters 05001

18:30 Goals! 05024

19:00 Sportscenter Asia SPORTSCENTER ASIA

19:30 Pga Tour Golf Hope Chrysler Classic PGA TOUR GOLF BOB HOPE CHRYSLER CLASSIC FINAL ROUND

22:00 Goals! 05024

22:30 Sportscenter Asia SPORTSCENTER ASIA

23:00 San Miguel Asian 9-ball Tour Kaohsiung 05033

Do you live in Thailand? ESPN's broadcasting is very much different here than in the U.S.

No, I don't at the present moment. Believe it or not I actually posted this in the wrong forum!!

I frequent another forum here in the US and meant to post it there instead. I soon realized my error and actually emailed thaivisa admin asking them to delete my thread here (24 hrs ago) but they haven't responded. Sorry about the confusion.

Do you live in Thailand? ESPN's broadcasting is very much different here than in the U.S.

No, I don't at the present moment. Believe it or not I actually posted this in the wrong forum!!

I frequent another forum here in the US and meant to post it there instead. I soon realized my error and actually emailed thaivisa admin asking them to delete my thread here (24 hrs ago) but they haven't responded. Sorry about the confusion.

We get to see both versions here and I must say if you are "soccer mad" the Asian version is best. I do enjoy the "great outdoors" and the college football we do not see here in Asia along with so much more. It is time Asia got ESPN 1 & ESPN 2 for real.

Why can't they just fully admit that other more individually oriented sports are much more interesting to watch??

More interesting for you maybe. That's great, well done.

Fortunately, you are not everybody.

Too bad.

the programs here of the pool, snooker, X games etc are

A boring

B confusing as well as live stuff, they replay stuff from last night, last week, 1 or 2 or 3 years ago and have no idea how this affected rankings, who wins, often you have no idea when it actually took place!

do you really need to see a mosconi cup game from 2003? I dont. They should at least put a sports movie on or make it a highlight history program so you know what you are getting rather than repeating live coverage.

how you can call strongman and outdoor games more interesting I dont know. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ESPN Asia, and Star sports are the WORST sporting channels I have EVER watch in the many countries I have travelled to or lived in! If it wasn't for their coverage of the English Premier League, they would have very little, to nearly no viewers. They have a crappy selection of any sport they broadcast, with the exception of the EPL, and Formula One GPs. We almost never get College Football, only get Sunday and Monday night Football, no Italian or Spanish Soccer leagues, barely any Baseball, and it's almost always AL games which no one give a shit about (Sorry, I'm a Cubs fan).

And that sorry excuse they call coverage in all the other sports they do show, not to mention that lame excuse they call Sports Center Asia! It's just crap, and badly timed! THAT'S NOT SPORTS CENTER! It's a 5 baht knockoff production at best! and no one wants to watch cricket on a sunday afternoon on TV! or constant reruns of Asian X games. If I wanted to watch the X games, don't you think I would prefer to watch the re-runs of the one held in the US? or atleast pro tours and competitions? no some guy just learning the ropes and making his way up.

Asia has too much diversity in the sports we watch. They need to have atleast 1 or 2 more channels covering specific sports catering to the diverse people from all over the region/ world that live here in Asia, so not waste out time with awful programming, catering to such a small demographic that it makes people physically ill to watch some of their lack of intellegience in programming! :o

Edited by Chiuey