8 Months And 13,000 Km On My Wave

8 months ago I purchased a kick start Honda Wave 125i (not my only bike) now with 13,000km on it it has proven very dependable. Only a tail lite failed just this month. (note to myself; remember to get a new bulb) it is uses as the daily go getter. Drives to 7-11, Big C and into the city to take my daughter to school and back. I have taken it on many day rides and my wife and I and gear (200 kilo) on the Mae Hong Son loop.

Top true speed seen was 130 kph down a long stretch. but on the flats 110 kph give or take seems like best

My wife can get 78 kpl on it. My average is 68 kpl overall The bike is rated at 63 kpl but the worst tank ever was 45 kpl.

I did change the tires to bigger 80/80 front and 90/80 rear due to my larger size. Shock was upgraded too and a rack added that I hardly use, but nice just in case

Planning to do a big loop ride on it soon. Maybe I will keep it so see how it stands up to 100,000 km ? Any bets how long that would take me ?

post-131287-0-35231600-1345517833_thumb.

I have seem Honda Wave's that did more than 100,000km, and they still looked good (engine mechanically) – the truth is, if you take care of the engine - give it the services it needs and give it some extra attention when you notice a small problem it will probably last forever...

I have the newer model 125i.

Not sure yours has different specs, but performance wise mine doesn't come near yours.

Topspeed indicated is 105.

Not sure how you got up to 130, engine redlines at 120 indicated on mine. Had it up to 115 going downhill, and engine was screaming.

Now, all above numbers are indicated and several gps runs show that the speedo over indicates by at least 10 %.

Exactly 100 kph on the speedo only gives 89 kph om my gps!

So basically stock out og the shop the wave redlines at just over 105 kph true...

It drives happily at 95 all dau, but doing this only gets me 45 km/liter...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I have the newer model 125i.

Not sure yours has different specs, but performance wise mine doesn't come near yours.

Topspeed indicated is 105.

Not sure how you got up to 130, engine redlines at 120 indicated on mine. Had it up to 115 going downhill, and engine was screaming.

Now, all above numbers are indicated and several gps runs show that the speedo over indicates by at least 10 %.

Exactly 100 kph on the speedo only gives 89 kph om my gps!

So basically stock out og the shop the wave redlines at just over 105 kph true...

It drives happily at 95 all dau, but doing this only gets me 45 km/liter...

I had a kick start Honda Wave CZi 110, model year 2008 and I was really happy with it. Drovve it for 30,000+ kms and never had any problems, only routine maintenance. I tracked every drop of gas I used and my life time fuel economy average was 57 km/Ltr.

110 was about top speed for me, even cruising at 100 seemed to tax the engine and require almost full throtle.

Great little bikes. I rode mine from Pattaya to Chiang Mai and Chiang Mai- Pai- Mae Hong Son- Mae Sariang-loop :)

I also have the 2012 Wave 125i elec start

Bought a couple of months ago

Really like it too. Reliable, comfy & great gas mileage

Did the 2011 come with the gold bits or is that after market stuff?

One thing I have thought about mine is possibly a after market CDI

Just to make throttle response better/crisper

Anyone try that? Also a bit curious as to what mods are available for it.

Not that I will mod it but I am curious what is available.

Overall it is such a nice reliable grocery getter

Edited by mania

I also have the 2012 Wave 125i elec start

Bought a couple of months ago

Really like it too. Reliable, comfy & great gas mileage

Did the 2011 come with the gold bits or is that after market stuff?

One thing I have thought about mine is possibly a after market CDI

Just to make throttle response better/crisper

Anyone try that? Also a bit curious as to what mods are available for it.

Not that I will mod it but I am curious what is available.

Overall it is such a nice reliable grocery getter

when I got the larger tires, they required wider wheels so got 2.15 rear and 1.85 front,

when my speedo shows 100 kph the gps shows the bike going 102.5 did the math, and the larger tires did it.

I keep track of everything on all my bikes, car, and truck down to the last stang !

Hmmm, just had a look at a wave the same model as Jeffrey's, and indeed on the speedo it shows.4th gear red line at 130 km/h.

Mine (2012 model) clearly has this at 120 km/h...

And I already find the 4 th gear too heavy, slightest incline needing downshift etc..

Wondering if there are engine differences as well.

Hmmm, just had a look at a wave the same model as Jeffrey's, and indeed on the speedo it shows.4th gear red line at 130 km/h.

Mine (2012 model) clearly has this at 120 km/h...

And I already find the 4 th gear too heavy, slightest incline needing downshift etc..

Wondering if there are engine differences as well.

Size of the rider makes a difference too in performance and fuel economy.