Decent Language School?

n00b

I will be going to Hua Hin in a few weeks and I will be looking to extend my stay beyond the tourist visa with an education visa.

I will be attending a language school and apply for 6 months of education visa.

I learnt all the consonants and vowels this weekend. I have yet to get into the tonal rules and I expect that to take a bit longer time to master than learning the symbols, maybe I need to devote a whole week to do that.

I decided to learn the alphabet because every transliteration makes absolutely no sense to me, this applies to some consonants like ก being called a K instead of a G and a few others but I'm mostly confused with the transliterated vowels.

For example, ั or ะ is a short A to me and should never be confused with a U. Neither should ุ or ู be confused with a U, it's a clear O in my mind while โ is an Å. The alphabet signs are too similar to each other to be read as the wrong sound and then try to remember which actual sound it is.

I don't want more confusion from transliterations that are not suited for me so I want to attend a language school that uses Thai script.

Could someone recommend a good school that in Hua Hin that is actually interested in teaching the language and not just work as an overpriced visa service? It's important that they don't use transliterations.

Edited by n00b

i attended Sirida school on the main road, phetkasem (a little after soi 59 heading south) and they are a good school.... not too sure on how their teaching of thai script is handled, but for the verbal stuff i enjoyed my time there

the number is 032532650

• 3 weeks later...

i attended Sirida school on the main road, phetkasem (a little after soi 59 heading south) and they are a good school.... not too sure on how their teaching of thai script is handled, but for the verbal stuff i enjoyed my time there

the number is 032532650

Wasted your time here Pommee, check the capitalisation and gramma in your English. sad.pngwhistling.gifsad.png

the number is 032532650

Wasted your time here Pommee, check the capitalisation and gramma in your English. sad.pngwhistling.gifsad.png

BAZIL F... OFF YOU SMALL ENDOWED WEIRDO............

is there enough capitalisation there for you BC?

the number is 032532650

This same school thats having some issues? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sirada-The-Learning-Centre/149248945099724

Im gathering from what I read there that they are having "money" problems cheesy.gif

the number is 032532650

Bazil. You are now the grammar police?

You really are a miserable sod aren't you.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Make that 'gramma' police! Ooops! Spelling, BF! I can't figure out if you are very amusing or an utter tossbag.

OP- There is also a school called TLC, someone may be able to tell you whether or not they are any good.

• 3 weeks later...

the number is 032532650

This same school thats having some issues? https://www.facebook...149248945099724

Im gathering from what I read there that they are having "money" problems cheesy.gif

Absolutey no money or other problems except malicious hacking of Facebook... Suggest that you ask around the neighbourhood for more reliable info then rely on malicious activity..