Mama Mia Pizza On Mea Joe Rd. Sansai

Okertes

I know one more Pizza place topic in CM but really this place has delicious Italian style homemade Pizza 120 - 150 Bt it is quite new i think few month own by an Italian and family . They have other thing like pastas and steak good quality for good price for my taste .I don’t have any share in this place just want them to

continue making good Pzas not far from my home.

licklips.gif

Isn't pizza a Greek dish that Italy copied and made world famous.

i like this wikipedia quote on pizza: The Romans developed placenta, a sheet of dough topped with cheese and honey and flavored with bay leaves. Modern pizza originated in Italy as the Neapolitan pie with tomato. In 1889, cheese was added.[4]

they do note that modern pizza was derived from a greek pita.... which sounds a lot better than eating placenta...

Please tell the location of Mama Mai Pizza,Mae Jo road

is quiet long, Thanks

regards Worgeordie

On the Mae Jo road after the big junction on the outer ring road in Sansai go toward the Mae Jo Uni. It's on the left side

1-1.5 Km. look for a new 3 story townhouse and you will notice the small restaurant sign. Bon Apetite

Please tell the location of Mama Mai Pizza,Mae Jo road

is quiet long, Thanks

regards Worgeordie

On the Mae Jo road after the big junction on the outer ring road in Sansai go toward the Mae Jo Uni. It's on the left side

1-1.5 Km. look for a new 3 story townhouse and you will notice the small restaurant sign. Bon Apetite

Yes - although I think going north from the outer ring road, it's a bit more than 1.5kms. From the ground, I'd advise looking for the first U-turn opportunity that comes after (not opposite) the (yellow) Susco fuel station (also Land and House) - and there making a left turn into the town/house row. And if you find something particularly good, please post?

I'm confused about the directions - maybe because it's in an area I'm not too familiar with. I'll go north on the Mae Jo road from Rimping Maechok; this will hit the cross section with the outer ring road. Then what exactly? Please don't say take the road to the university - I wouldn't know which road that is; please don't refer to a seed shop - as I said I'm unfamiliar with the area.

(My only forays towards Sansai have been when I go to the post office - from Sansai market, straight on at the left fork on the Doisaket road after the cross section with the outer ring road.)

I'm confused about the directions - maybe because it's in an area I'm not too familiar with. I'll go north on the Mae Jo road from Rimping Maechok; this will hit the cross section with the outer ring road. Then what exactly?

Continue straight across the cross section with the outer ring road, passing the entrance to 'Land and Houses' on the left and continuing towards Mae Jo for about 2km, you will see 'Mamma Mia' in a row of shop-houses on the left, 100m before an illuminated orange sign saying 'AFM'.

If you come to a PTT petrol-station on the left, then you have gone to far, and already passed 'Mamma Mia'.

Good Luck ! smile.png

• Like 1

Ate there last night for the first time. I would label it a HIDDEN GEM. The simple strip mall sign out front really gives no hint about what a clean, nicely decorated little restaurant with an extensive menue is lurking behind the doors.

Had delicious zebra clams in a white sauce on pasta with a decent generic white wine. Friend had a nice lasagna with a glass of red.

It is a great asset for the Mae Jo/San Sai area. I kick myself for driving by it all these months without trying it before this.

I saw thatThai food is available, also.

Thanks for the tip!

Pizza was the best I have had so far in Thailand.

Priced very reasonable.

Very nice clean restaurant & the waitress ( the owners wife? ) was very nice.

Edited by mania

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , so I gave them a try a week ago or so. I ordered 6-8 dishes and here is my review. Thai food...so so. Pizza, excellent crust and topping but, the suave is too sweet for me. Chicken salad great and the pasta great. All in all, I will return but, not for the pizza. I get my pizza fix at UNO, duo,tres.....it used to be dukes but, this place is hands down the best in CM!

Ok , so I gave them a try a week ago or so. I ordered 6-8 dishes and here is my review. Thai food...so so. Pizza, excellent crust and topping but, the suave is too sweet for me. Chicken salad great and the pasta great. All in all, I will return but, not for the pizza. I get my pizza fix at UNO, duo,tres.....it used to be dukes but, this place is hands down the best in CM!

Hasn't Uno Duo Tres moved ?

Just ate here for lunch, pizza at 150 baht is priced reasonably low. Nice thin crust with quality toppings. So good ordered another thumbsup.gif

Salami and Sicilian style is what I ordered. Everything on the menu is pretty cheap and the quantity is just about right.

Tiramisu is the only dessert on the menu but its great, not too sweet which is the way i like it.

The lady owner was very sweet and pretty good service.

The row of shophouses are probably built less than a year ago but the store sign needs to be bigger or designed differently as its bit hard to see.

i tend to be alittle forgetful so please pardon me, is the mentioned pizza place that is about 5-10 minutes drive from the windmill restaurant? if so, they make excellent pizzas at really a cheap price imo.

the direction iirc should going straight (restaurant on the left side)after turning left among the big intersection coming from the airport

i tend to be alittle forgetful so please pardon me, is the mentioned pizza place that is about 5-10 minutes drive from the windmill restaurant? if so, they make excellent pizzas at really a cheap price imo.

the direction iirc should going straight (restaurant on the left side)after turning left among the big intersection coming from the airport

Subject of this topic, Mama Mia, is on the other side of town from the airport. From the superhighway, one goes north, about 3/4 of the way toward Maejo on the 1001.