Govt Mulls Pre-Packed Lunch Boxes For High Speed Trains; Sees New Market For Upscale Travelers

webfact

lol - she had an idea! All on her own.... rolleyes.gif

A useless one tho. Wouldn't it be an idea to have a train service before you start making the sandwiches. It's a little like putting the chickens in the hen house before you have built it.

Edited by softgeorge

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what will these boxes contain?

1) Buriam Bento - sticky rice and fermented fish parts

2) Hat Yai Hash - cold masaman beef curry and a side of deep fried bread

3) Chiang Mai Mixed Grill - assorted sausages and mystery meats

4) Poipet Pub and Grub - chicken a la chicken and warm beer

• Like 1

Yet again I find myself lost for words. A Government committee formed to look t options for food on a high speed train system that has not even had the basic design phased considered yet. With all the committees that are set up here, I can only conclude that MP's receive a payment for every single committee they sit on, therefore this is just more cash for Yingluck's mates, in fact I would much rather be told that is the real case than think for one moment that this is a serious consideration by Yingluck.

• Like 2

Why not just let the stick-rice-in-banana-leaf vendors on the train like they do at the moment?

or pre-order your meal a la air asia. anyways I cant believe I have given this topic 3 posts of my time. I must be insane. If I do it again, please tell George to give me a holiday.... not some stupid suspension from TV, I mean a real holiday for putting up with such topics on here. wacko.png

• Like 1

I'm glad the govt is concentrating on the truly important long term planning aspects for the high speed train. It would be a disaster if they built the high speed train system and then on startup day they realized no one had planned for a box lunch...oh, the national embarrassment...it would be on every major news service in the world...maybe the universe.

• Like 2

I think you boys are being a little bit harsh. Governments by their very nature finance idiot ideas to garner votes or to enrich themselves through studies. As much as this lunch box idea is interesting how does it compare with this: Years past the Australian government funded a lesbian group to design and build a surf board designed purely for women, I seem recall that special dimples were to be included to accomodate their breasts. Sadly since hearing of this exciting develpoment for the surfing world not a word about the new designs ever emerged, we were assured though that the money however was well spent.