Govt Mulls Pre-Packed Lunch Boxes For High Speed Trains; Sees New Market For Upscale Travelers

webfact

What people don't realize is that the government is so far ahead on the high speed train concept, that they are down to the minor details now. Next week they will be picking out the font for the brochures and ordering balloons for the grand opening.

No ballons allowed on trains here. Unless you are cruising for a beating.

• Like 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pre packed food on high speed trains in Thailand?

I would have thought a few stiff drinks would be more appropriate.

But not available between the hours 1400-1700.

Just catch and earlier or later train.

You could buy in large quantities in those hours I guess but the new rules about vehicles would stop you drinking it.

Amazing. They have created an opportunity for a dodgy bidding contract even before the dam_n thing is built.

Cue chicken cooked in coke lunchboxes in memorium.

"in memorium" or 'in perpetuity' , poor dead chooks. rolleyes.gif

Yes, one would have hoped that actually deciding upon a route-network, and lining-up the finances, then starting construction might have attracted a slightly-higher priority than deciding what to put in the lunch-boxes available on-board ? laugh.png

Now that's agreed, what's for breakfast ? biggrin.pngcoffee1.gif

I guess that we are all looking forward with some trepidation to the implememtation of this brave new enterprise. I wonder what catchy slogan will be used to advertise the service. I remember British Railways using 'It's The Age of the Train'. One wit scrawled one of the posters 'Ours was a 104'. wai.gif

• 7 months later...

Yes, this would make you more pliable, flexible and bouncy on impact,

with what every thing wanders across the 200 KMPH track you are riding on.

Hope they do not start filling the food boxes now for use on the train.......2090 is a long time after their expiry date.

Don't be silly, there will be new warehouse's to store the food and and the government will fix the price so that the food makers get a good salary, oh and like the rice scam, I mean scheme! it won't be sold because the price is too high!

Not much impat from washing lines cheesy.gif

Edited by ginjag

Not much impat from washing lines cheesy.gif

Will not let me EDIT so it is IMPACT and not impat. why do we have this problem ??? press edit--will not accept curser---then it tells me to save the changes Ha Haclap2.gif

Hope they do not start filling the food boxes now for use on the train.......2090 is a long time after their expiry date.

Don't be silly, there will be new warehouse's to store the food and and the government will fix the price so that the food makers get a good salary, oh and like the rice scam, I mean scheme! it won't be sold because the price is too high!

So you thought you'd find something to add to the train debate and even took the time to trawl out a thread that last saw the daylight back in August last year - and you came up with the above.

Well done, no seriously, well done coffee1.gif .

I guess that we are all looking forward with some trepidation to the implememtation of this brave new enterprise. I wonder what catchy slogan will be used to advertise the service. I remember British Railways using 'It's The Age of the Train'. One wit scrawled one of the posters 'Ours was a 104'. wai.gif

Reminds me of another rail poster this time on the Underground promoting an extended timetable announcing...... 'The last train leaves later than you think"

Under which someone had written, "Why pick on that one?"

• Like 1

Lets get the 2.2 trillion distributed for gods sake, no other way to put it.

Stupid prat that thought of the food boxes now, hasn't the person anything else to do than come out with this premature BullS##t.

50 years to pay back the loan is frightening unless you are like most of the ministers who will be long gone by then, so who cares about Chinese Thailand .

They should swap the first plan --Chiang Mai---and do the Nong Khai route, as there are major cities en-route. And as Yimgluck says the high speed will help the Thai farmers distributing their goods---most of the farmers (population wise are on this route so <deleted> ????)

Please help the cabinet to wake up in the morning SANE.

With Upscale travellers in mind for the pre-packed, freshly delivered (by HSR) lunch boxes, I wonder why we never saw a picture of these boxes. I mean, surely a beautiful opportunity to promote Thailand in general and OTOP goods particularly. Mind you with the first line being opened any decade after 2014 one may postpone producing the boxes in order to be able to engrave them with up-to-date Thai culture and thingies and so.

• Like 1

So you thought you'd find something to add to the train debate and even took the time to trawl out a thread that last saw the daylight back in August last year - and you came up with the above.

If you haven't got anything nice to say...

• Like 2

You do have to admit, It is comical they can work out a lunch box, but yet, not do a feasibility study to this day to determine if this HSR idea is actually sound.

Edited by dcutman

With Upscale travellers in mind for the pre-packed, freshly delivered (by HSR) lunch boxes, I wonder why we never saw a picture of these boxes. I mean, surely a beautiful opportunity to promote Thailand in general and OTOP goods particularly. Mind you with the first line being opened any decade after 2014 one may postpone producing the boxes in order to be able to engrave them with up-to-date Thai culture and thingies and so.

if you fly upscale (THAI) and not some cheapo air you will see how much the local people like those pre-packed lunch boxes.

if you fly upscale (THAI) and not some cheapo air you will see how much the local people like those pre-packed lunch boxes.

I dont think the lunch boxes are going to be packed with som tom, bbq chicken liver and sticky rice.

^ Special design luncheon boxes, maybe like the Thai pinto (which is multi-level, mostly plain metal, little pans stacked on top of each other). If local people are the majority of the high price HSR train tickets that may make sense. Other topics suggest foreigners as prime targets and rich Thai of course.

Anyway it will take a few more years before the first stretch opens, still time to mull a bit more on this

I dont think the lunch boxes are going to be packed with som tom, bbq chicken liver and sticky rice.
you are obviously not flying upscale or you would know.

the locals don't even touch the lunch boxes. the stewardesses will give them an extra bag so they can take it home as a gift for their loved ones.

the locals don't even touch the lunch boxes. the stewardesses will give them an extra bag so they can take it home as a gift for their loved ones.

Upscale POSH passengers do not need bleeding bags, it's not like a cheapo cafe, when low class do not eat, What is the problem about people flying economy ??? do you think they are trash ???? But as you put it Thai do feed OK BUT you are paying ten times for the grub and usually in older non updated aircraft. There will be no need for the lunch boxes as the train will be full of farm produce

Comedian you are not, a strange individual, for sure.

Upscale POSH passengers do not need bleeding bags, it's not like a cheapo cafe, when low class do not eat, What is the problem about people flying economy ??? do you think they are trash ???? But as you put it Thai do feed OK BUT you are paying ten times for the grub and usually in older non updated aircraft. There will be no need for the lunch boxes as the train will be full of farm produce

this topic is about upscale travelers and lunch boxes served to them.