Renewing Annual Car Sticker And Insurance

canardo

Hey,

I have to go to probably Sukhumvit 100 (something) to renew my 2555 sticker for 2556 one and renew the C class insurance. As I never did it before, I want to know what kind of hassles I need to expect. I plan to go there on Saturday morning.

What time they open up on a Saturday?

I bring my car, the Blue book and?

How long wil it take?

What are the potential hassles?

Any tips, hints, suggestions?

Thx in advance,

C.

Depending on when it was last inspected, it may need to be.

Better idea: go to any of a zillion shops that display the gold gear on the blue background, drop off your blue book, pay a few baht more than the actual cost of the renewal at DLT, and pick everything up the next day. No lines, no plomplem.

• Like 1

Thx, but GOOGLE does not spit out much on zillion and bangkok what might be relevant, do you have more cues for me, please?

By "zillion" he means many many places, look for the sign described, drop off the blue book pay the money, get back next day, job done. (usually).

I just renewed both motorcycle and auto registration at Land Transport office near Sukhumvit 99. Took my blue/green books to the second floor and purchased insurance at the Land Transport office. Then got a que number and was called immediately. Whole transaction was about 30 minutes from entering the building to exit. The only other issue may be if the auto is over 6b years old and needs an inspection. The lines for inspection each time I have been there were small. All this is very easy and they speak english.

It's unbelievably painless to renew your registration here, compared to America anyway. In and out in a few minutes every time. Inspection does add another step to the parade.

In most states in the USA it involves a long wait with a bunch of miserable bastards before being "served" by a disgruntled civil servant.

Edited by ricklev

I have an insurance broker, who takes care of everything. my insurance, the inspection and the tax (which of course I pay for). My pickup is over 7 years old and I have no idea how they do the inspection because they never look at my car. But as long as I get the new registration, insurance and inspection, it,s ok with me.