Payment Through True Website: Dangerous!

dominique355

For several years I have been a customer of True. First True was my home ISP, but I switched to TOT, because True was so unreliable.

Then I have a second contract with True as an ISP for another condo.

I still have a landline with True.

Then I have two subscriptions for the satellite TV (Platinum).

Recently True introduced a payment method through the web. I thought, that's convenient and used it. The payment is made via my Kasikorn VISA credit card.

Recently I used this website for paying the satellite TV subscrptions, the ISP in the other condo and the landline. I paid the satellite TV for the whole year, which is about THB 36,000.

Kasikorn sent my my monthly statement, which showed the payments made to True.

Neverthless I got a message on my TV to immediately pay my subscription or risk cutting off the signal.

Ok, here we go... calling True's customer service and explain to them...

True said that they never received the money for the TV. I said, I used your website and the payment was accepted and charged to my credit card. But True insisted, the money was not there. They suggested I pay again to make sure the signal is not cut. I refused and argued that I have no control over their website and if they have a mess in their web program and internal accounting system, that was their problem, not mine.

Nobody would understand me at True.

Then I contacted a person I know inside True, who was kind enough to go to the root of the problem. As it turned out, True has my money, but their website transfered it to a different account at "True Money", not at "Truevisions". This probably happened because the invoice number was wrong.

My questions are:

- How is it possible that True loses a payment made on their website, which is identified by the person's name, contract number and invoice number?

- Why does it take True 3 weeks to finally admit their mess?

- How many people have had a similar problem with True and might even have to make double payments and did True finally refund?

Around 4 years ago I had a TrueMove postpay account....after the first monthly bill arrived in the mail and I paid it no problem through internet banking, I never got any additional bills in the mail. After the Thai wife and I visited the a True Service Center monthly over approx 6 months to find out and pay the monthly bill since no bill would ever arrive our mailbox, we cancelled the service. Now the TrueVisions monthly bill never had and still doesn't have a problem finding out mailbox every month and we had the exact same address on the TrueMove account.

Now, while TrueVisions has had a 100% success rate in getting the monthly bill to our mailbox for 4 years now, two different times when we turned in some settop boxes for refund of the 2000 baht/box refund it tooks us 6 months and numerous visits to the service center to finally get a credit because the deposit never arrived....then the second time when we turned in satellite boxes for cable boxes it took us 100 days and several visits to the service center to finally get refund to show up in the mail. When it comes to getting money back from TrueVisions it has been a pain.

I also have a TrueOnline cable internet account for about 14 months now and so far not billing problems (knock on wood).

What we found out with the True Service Center reps is they always try to get you to wait another month, or have a number for you call. But persistence at the service center will finally wear them down (if it don't wear you down first). Above mentioned problems we've had with True billing/refunds has made the wife and I greatly "under-impressed" with True's billing department. I've got neighbors who have also had True billing problems which seemed should be easy & fast to fix but it wasn't...it just shouldn't be this hard for True to correct billing problems, but it sure seems to be a huge problem for True sometimes. Then again, maybe the wife and I have just been very unlucky....it coudn't be a True problem, could it?

True has a virtual monopoly in the marketplace and therefore they are not going to volunatairly change their ways. As the above posts state, you need to keep on them about any issue and threaten to cancel before they are willing to bend.

Around 4 years ago I had a TrueMove postpay account....after the first monthly bill arrived in the mail and I paid it no problem through internet banking, I never got any additional bills in the mail. After the Thai wife and I visited the a True Service Center monthly over approx 6 months to find out and pay the monthly bill since no bill would ever arrive our mailbox, we cancelled the service. Now the TrueVisions monthly bill never had and still doesn't have a problem finding out mailbox every month and we had the exact same address on the TrueMove account.

I have same problem with my TrueMove bill, when I signed up I received my first bill via mailbox. Since then have not gotten any bills in my mailbox, they only time I know that it needs to be paid is when they call and tell me it is past due. I told them that I never received a bill since the first one, the useless call center keeps promising that I the next one will be sent via mailbox, and of course nothing arrives. After about four calls and talking with clueless people I gave up as nothing changes.

The funny thing is my GF has her TrueMove bill sent to the same address and gets it every month. Go figure.

the good and the bad of thailand in a nut shell... mai pen rai...

they have no clue how to take responsibility or be serious about anything in a timely and professional manner. at least, not if it's even remotely complicated or requires effort.

however, this is why most of us are here... to find a somewhat more relaxed and easy going life. that's how i see it anyways... it as at times beyond frustrating, and others a wonderful place to be.