The Google Spymaster

gennisis

I have read that the big internet companies have many ways of 'spying' on your internet useage.

Well, I now can believe it.

2 days ago,I was looking up my old haunts in Ghana,to see what changes have taken place in the past 5 years. Now,since yesterday,every site,including Thai visa is plastered with Hotel ads for Ghana hotels,so I am now going to think up the most unlikely internet sites and see what new ads occur.

Big Brother is certainly about.

It's called google adsense and has been around quite a while.

Rather than serve you random ads google serves you ads based on your browsing and search history on the slight chance that it may be of use to you.

You can turn it off and co back to regular random crap if you like.

Don't worry, there isn't some creepy fat guy with glasses sitting in a google office somewhere taking notes...

• Like 2

I have a special offer on these: tin-foil-hat.jpg

Buy now before the government buy them all up!!

Reminds me of the illegal CB craze in the UK in the 80's when everyone had a 'Home Base' or had one hidden in the glove pocket of the car with a ruddy great DV27 aerial stuck on the outside somewhere. The Cops didn't bother you as they had them as well !

Rather than serve you random ads google serves you ads based on your browsing and search history on the slight chance that it may be of use to you.

Don't worry, there isn't some creepy fat guy with glasses sitting in a google office somewhere taking notes...

Are you sure about the creepy fat guy??

My point is that it means that someone..something...somewhere.. is monitoring and tracking my internet use,and I'de rather they did'nt.

Anyway I googled 'elephants in Greenland'...will wait to see what occurs.

I have had banners for a certain dental clinic follow me round for the past few days after visiting their website. Now I understand targetted advertising but this is getting ridiculous. The clinics ads are replacing much more appealing ads for lady friends -appealing in the visual sense only. laugh.png

Are you sure about the creepy fat guy??

My point is that it means that someone..something...somewhere.. is monitoring and tracking my internet use,and I'de rather they did'nt.

Anyway I googled 'elephants in Greenland'...will wait to see what occurs.

They're not monitoring and tracking your Internet use.

You are exchanging your query terms and related soft data for access to their DB.

Hardly conspiracy theory stuff and where's the problem?

You happily contribute content here and allow it to be used to serve ads with no complaint?

Your ISP on the other hand ...