Corruption Details Being Saved For Censure: Thai Democrats

webfact

Corruption is the source of income for thai MPs. Its common, their salaries r only enough for their maids/ mistress.

I realised most Thai visa members r supportive of the Democrats or critics to thaksin.

I guess it's just a personal opinion, its not about the performance nor the capability of the government.

Google about the massive increase of wealth of newin/ mark/ suthep during the democrats government. And the projects approved during the recent yingluck government, corruption is just as rampant.

I guess we should be more supportive of chuwit who is more likely to have new directives/ laws to approve bars/ massage parlours to operate for 24 hrs.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Agree that Chuwit performs a useful function, in exposing some cases of corruption, amongst the powers-that-be. smile.png

But Mark's personal-wealth surely increased very-marginally, during his time in the hot-seat, yet another laudable thing about him, and which perhaps explains some of the sh*t now being heaped upon him by the pigs-at-the-trough ? wink.png

Some of the comments on this topic are seriously irresponsible.

The fact that reporters find sources that make assertions of impropriety by the current government and its administration and actually believe those unsupported remarks as fact, is infantile.

My God! they could even have drafted by the authors of todays comments.

Thailand is awash with corruption and has been during all of my twenty years of association and residence with this country.

During the post Taksin period there seems to have been a steady increase in losses that may be attributable to corruption. Especially since 2008 after which merchants experience slipping profits at a time when graft was becoming easier.

The fact is that during the periods of weakness of the military government and that of PM Abhisit those temped to corrupt the system had endless opportunities to do so.

If you believe that the escalation of corruption thse past four years is due to PM Yingluck's government then you are naive beyond belief. Note they were not in power.

The evidence is in fact that PM Yingluck is repeatedly driving her ministers to root out Thailands endemic corruption.

You might want to check who is naive. Thaksin a nd his predacesors were hit by a world wide economy down fall. Thaksin rode n a wave of world wide economy.

If Yingluck is doing so good why did she have to transfer off a old debt from 1998 so she could borrow more money.

For computers with out electricity. She dosen't talk about them because it would mean doing some thing sensible.

Even with the world economy plummeting and the red shirts doing terrorism and stuck with a bunch of supporter who would pull there support if Abhist had not conceded to some of there demands he got things done The problem is they were the rite things to do. Projects that would still be benefiting long after they were gone.

You are absolutely clueless as to what Abhist had to do to accomplish the little he did do. Give Abhist 52% of the seats with out having to award parties just because they join them seats in the cabinet with no qualifications is ludacries,

They owe no one any thing they can do what they want to do. Just think of what would have happened if the Democrats would have that power.biggrin.png

I guess u r dreaming. The democrats will never have votes of 52%. The south and the minimal votes of the central provinces r not enough to give them anything close to that.

Anyway, mark is not capable enough to handle a country like this.

His lack of judgement during the red shirt terrorist attack has proved of his weakness as a leader. (Any president or prime minister will precede to address the nation during the process of the red shirt crackdown, but he, made a hero out of an army colonel).

Without a party majority in the government, capability as a leader and the lack of the true power to control the ministers from other parties/ democrats, it is impossible for him to get elected as a TRUE prime minister.

The democrats' thai Kem keang policies made tons of money for the senior democrats leaders.

He is just another puppet working for the aging democrats leaders who made their livehood out of corruption.

You might want to rethink your defense of the PT yes a good offense is a good defense. But you failed. I very clearly stated in plain English that Abhist had to get in to bed with some unsavory people in order to win the election. And it was indeed a election. Do your home work do not just spout off red shirt nonsense. Many in the Democrats Government did indeed make a fortune off of graft. But Abhist was not one of them. He would have made probably more money if he had not been in politics. It was largely due to the unsavory characters you pointed out he had to use to maintain power.

As I said if Abhist had 52% of the seats in the house we would see a very different government. Corruption would still be there but it would be a lot less and not as blatant as what we now have. You are correct corruption is such a accepted part of society that the people accept it and if you try to stop it they will not support you. There fore Democrats will have to wait a while before the PT hangs them selves for a long enough period of time for the people to say OK we give up Democrats please come and save us.

You are correct in pointing out Abhist can have indecisiveness. Look how long it took him to make the decision to get the red shirted terrorists out of Bangkok and back to the saloons where they came from. That was his decision and not one of the people he had backing him. In this regards Thaksin would have been a more decisive leader one week and he would have had them out of there with a much higher death toll.

• Like 2

Some of the comments on this topic are seriously irresponsible.

The fact that reporters find sources that make assertions of impropriety by the current government and its administration and actually believe those unsupported remarks as fact, is infantile.

My God! they could even have drafted by the authors of todays comments.

Thailand is awash with corruption and has been during all of my twenty years of association and residence with this country.

During the post Taksin period there seems to have been a steady increase in losses that may be attributable to corruption. Especially since 2008 after which merchants experience slipping profits at a time when graft was becoming easier.

The fact is that during the periods of weakness of the military government and that of PM Abhisit those temped to corrupt the system had endless opportunities to do so.

If you believe that the escalation of corruption thse past four years is due to PM Yingluck's government then you are naive beyond belief. Note they were not in power.

The evidence is in fact that PM Yingluck is repeatedly driving her ministers to root out Thailands endemic corruption.

You might want to check who is naive. Thaksin a nd his predacesors were hit by a world wide economy down fall. Thaksin rode n a wave of world wide economy.

If Yingluck is doing so good why did she have to transfer off a old debt from 1998 so she could borrow more money.

For computers with out electricity. She dosen't talk about them because it would mean doing some thing sensible.

Even with the world economy plummeting and the red shirts doing terrorism and stuck with a bunch of supporter who would pull there support if Abhist had not conceded to some of there demands he got things done The problem is they were the rite things to do. Projects that would still be benefiting long after they were gone.

You are absolutely clueless as to what Abhist had to do to accomplish the little he did do. Give Abhist 52% of the seats with out having to award parties just because they join them seats in the cabinet with no qualifications is ludacries,

They owe no one any thing they can do what they want to do. Just think of what would have happened if the Democrats would have that power.biggrin.png

I guess u r dreaming. The democrats will never have votes of 52%. The south and the minimal votes of the central provinces r not enough to give them anything close to that.

Anyway, mark is not capable enough to handle a country like this.

His lack of judgement during the red shirt terrorist attack has proved of his weakness as a leader. (Any president or prime minister will precede to address the nation during the process of the red shirt crackdown, but he, made a hero out of an army colonel).

Without a party majority in the government, capability as a leader and the lack of the true power to control the ministers from other parties/ democrats, it is impossible for him to get elected as a TRUE prime minister.

The democrats' thai Kem keang policies made tons of money for the senior democrats leaders.

He is just another puppet working for the aging democrats leaders who made their livehood out of corruption.

You might want to rethink your defense of the PT yes a good offense is a good defense. But you failed. I very clearly stated in plain English that Abhist had to get in to bed with some unsavory people in order to win the election. And it was indeed a election. Do your home work do not just spout off red shirt nonsense. Many in the Democrats Government did indeed make a fortune off of graft. But Abhist was not one of them. He would have made probably more money if he had not been in politics. It was largely due to the unsavory characters you pointed out he had to use to maintain power.

As I said if Abhist had 52% of the seats in the house we would see a very different government. Corruption would still be there but it would be a lot less and not as blatant as what we now have. You are correct corruption is such a accepted part of society that the people accept it and if you try to stop it they will not support you. There fore Democrats will have to wait a while before the PT hangs them selves for a long enough period of time for the people to say OK we give up Democrats please come and save us.

You are correct in pointing out Abhist can have indecisiveness. Look how long it took him to make the decision to get the red shirted terrorists out of Bangkok and back to the saloons where they came from. That was his decision and not one of the people he had backing him. In this regards Thaksin would have been a more decisive leader one week and he would have had them out of there with a much higher death toll.

In this country, there is nobody who wants to be prime minister if it wasn't for the cash. Lol.

Guess the Democrats will have a long wait, cause they r actually losing grassroots support in the central provinces.

Suthep has also got some problems with NACC. He maybe ban for 5 years on 19 Sep.

It's just politics.

I hope Chuwit will win again in the next election. It will be fun to see him for a second term.

What I can say with certainty is the cost of living in Thailand has escalated at a pace unheard in the previous 28 years that I was living here. Having just spent two weeks in Germany, I found incredibly enough that all too often costs in Germany are currently less than in Thailand, without pollution, traffic jams, or corruption.

What I can say with certainty is the cost of living in Thailand has escalated at a pace unheard in the previous 28 years that I was living here. Having just spent two weeks in Germany, I found incredibly enough that all too often costs in Germany are currently less than in Thailand, without pollution, traffic jams, or corruption.

It is a false assumption and comparison to claim that the state of corruption is is better in Germany. On the contrary, Corruption will blow a quarter-trillion-euro hole in Germany's economy in 2012, despite the country being near the top of Transparency International's anti-corruption index, an alarming new study has estimated The estimate, based on a study by Friedrich Schneider, economics professor at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria, topped the professor's own estimate of seven years ago, when corruption reached a low-point of €220 billion. According to a report in Die Welt newspaper, the study concludes that there are other factors at play, including what Schneider calls "increasing bad habits." The professor thinks there are only two effective ways to prevent corruption – stricter rules and more severe punishments, or better pay. He added that the two needn't be mutually exclusive. http://www.thelocal.de/money/20120316-41373.html

Keep in mind that German firms are the ones paying the bribes in the foreign markets, just like the Japanese, Korean, Chinese and UK firms do. Yes, ambient air pollution in some parts of Germany is better than Thailand, but the former east German region remains a toxic waste mess left over from decades of east bloc nastiness. Thailand has never had the same industrial base, so it doesn't have the centuries worth of heavy metals. Germany has also been quite clever is sending its toxic wastes elsewhere such as to India and Bangladesh for recycling, BTW, how many Germans understand what happens to their spent nuclear fuel? Yes, Germany has a better transit system and road infrastructure than Thailand. Maybe we should ask Thailand to start a war that sees major cities levelled and then have the USA create a Marshall plan and build the country infrastructure from scratch.