Another Bright Idea - Maximum 6 Bottles Of Beer Ex Supermarket

finewine

Whose idea was it to allow a maximum of 6 bottles of beer at Tesco's

Today the cashier could only input 6 bottles. Three were left abandoned. What the !!!!??

Thai solution - No problem, sir. Will put through on new bill, and he did!

I didn't ask if there was a limit of 6 cases (6 x 12 = 72) of beer.

What a waste of time, for me, the staff and the people in the queue behind.

TIT.

ps if they had sold that beer in a case I would have bought that.

Today the cashier could only input 6 bottles. Three were left abandoned. What the !!!!??

TIT.

Maybe it was on special offer.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

I had a similar problem in my local 7/11 yesterday as they would only sell me 2 packs of cigarettes, but wouldn't repeat the order on a second bill.

It is probably a government ruling brought out very recently.

How about if you go to Makro and buy 10 cases of beer or 2 cases of whiskey? Would that be OK.

I had a similar problem in my local 7/11 yesterday as they would only sell me 2 packs of cigarettes, but wouldn't repeat the order on a second bill.

It is probably a government ruling brought out very recently.

How about if you go to Makro and buy 10 cases of beer or 2 cases of whiskey? Would that be OK.

That's a different issue, to do with the tax hikes on cigarettes that came in on Tuesday, they don't want people stockpiling at the old prices.

As for tesco - that's just weird. If you want to buy a case, do they take half of them out?

Often at supermarkets they have goods on special offer and on the shelf it says the maximum number that can be purchased at any one time. The notices on the shelves are invariably in Thai. Also there are limits when there are supply problems for stuff such as cooking oil and sugar, two bottles of the former and two bags of the latter. I assume you were buying beer on a special promotion and, thus, the limit.

Edited by GarryP

Often at supermarkets they have goods on special offer and on the shelf it says the maximum number that can be purchased at any one time. The notices on the shelves are invariably in Thai. Also there are limits when there are supply problems for stuff such as cooking oil and sugar, two bottles of the former and two bags of the latter. I assume you were buying beer on a special promotion and, thus, the limit.

Hahahaha I was just in Tesco lotus and there were 5 trolleys sat there chock full of Pepsi. Rice and oil. No one told them :D

No, none of the beers were o

No, none of the beers were on special offer. In fact I was buying 3 different ones, 4 Red Horse, 4 Singha Lite and 1 San Miquel Lite.

Hahahaha I was just in Tesco lotus and there were 5 trolleys sat there chock full of Pepsi. Rice and oil. No one told them biggrin.png

its not all the time mate, the gov sometimes puts out directives limiting purchases of said articles in times of short supply.

TIT.

why don't you buy some milk or something nutritious, and stop complaining about how many barrels of piss water you have to drink.

what else did you buy at the store?

TIT.

why don't you buy some milk or something nutritious, and stop complaining about how many barrels of piss water you have to drink.

what else did you buy at the store?

Yes. You should have just bought something nutritious. How dare you just buy beer. At the vey least you should have thrown some nuts in with your order.

In the uk you can only buy 2 packets of ibuprofen at Waitrose supermarket - maybe others as well. It's so you don't use them to OD! You can buy another two on a separated bill though. I guess they assume people who want to OD on them are not too bright.

In the uk you can only buy 2 packets of ibuprofen at Waitrose supermarket - maybe others as well. It's so you don't use them to OD! You can buy another two on a separated bill though. I guess they assume people who want to OD on them are not too bright.

Years ago in the UK I used to be working in Thailand and on every trip back to the UK I would stock up on tubs of 100 Phensics at a time.

That was stopped by government decree and if I wanted more than 10 I had to speak to the management and still never got more that 30 at a time.

Go out into another shop, come back later, get a different assistant and no problem.

I couldn't understand it then and I still don't now.