Jet Ski / Wave Runners

pianoman

After a week of island holidaying my wife seems to want to buy a jet ski / waverunner, but I have not been able to locate a dealership anywhere... A nice Thai man in Pattaya said that they ran 400,000+ baht and only came from Japan...

Can anyone lend any further info???

Pianoman

You need to go to any large bike dealership.

The international Jet Ski championships were held in Jomtien last month and Sea Doo had a stand there with the latest models on display, I had the guys card but I can't find it.

I had two of them back home, one of which I sold last year and one of which I had shipped over which I regret, it would have almost been cheaper to get a second hand one here. :o

It's probably better that you shipped yours over since second hand wave runners here are probably in worse shape than second hand cars. When I went to Jomtien Beach a few years back I rented one and each time I came in the guy had to reach up inside the intake area and pull out all the trash that got sucked in. This is in addition to all the sand that gets in there and clogs the intake vent/motor. I saw one farang guy ride the thing about 15 feet or so right up onto the beach

Just call the manufacturer in Thailand and let them locate the nearest dealer. I used to work for a company making waverunners when in Japan and I remember from talking to a sales rep from Japan that there are dealers selling water vehicles in Thailand but not that many. Just don't go for grey import.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/Company/callcenter.asp

Thank you to all who responded.... I have tried several large Motorcycle Dealers to no avail, but will try the Honda Call #....

And having owned several waverunners in the States in the past, I can assure anyone concerned that I am one of the most careful and conciteraite operators of such machines...

Pianoman