What Are The Implications

I tried to find the Legal section of TV on the iPhone App but it doesn't seem to be listed so I will post this in my local thread.

I am aware of the personal implications of being a Managing Director of my own company in Thailand, but I have been asked to become the MD of a large foreign company that is setting up in Thailand, so are there any personal liabilities and/or implications I may not be aware of that could come back to bite me if something went astray in the future?

If you expect replies to a topic then best to make sure your 'Header' gives some indication of what you are asking about otherwise people will just ignore and move on to next topic they are interested in.

Thanks for that - it's been a couple of years since I held a Directorship in Thailand and I am simply seeking any updates that may have been legislated in recent times that could have any personal bearing.

I thought I'd ask the experts on TV for their personal experiences and/or any recent updates ahead of speaking with my Lawyers next week.

I have been the MD of several companies,if one has to ask on tvthe implications ,responsibilities of such a position,one is not qualified for such a position.

Hahaha!.... Remember to remove croweater from the "references" section on your CV. Posts like this never cease to amaze me. I'd suggest you call the company right away and inform them that you need to withdraw yourself from consideration for the post of MD due to your lack of qualifications.

Perhaps croweater's post was helpful in as much it lets you know that you may be better off just Googling "the implications and responsibilities of a Managing Director" rather than seeking answers here.

Good luck to you is what i say. I would just advise that if you yourself think you are less than qualified and less than experienced for this position, just keep it in mind whether you may be getting set up as a fall guy... It wouldn't be the first time a foreigner (assuming you are a foreigner) has been employed only to find his first month at work involves appearances in court.

Do your research...