Bail Jumping Brit Re Arrested For Child Molestation

Rimmer

I have known the gentleman, yes, GENTLEMAN in question for 3 years. He has worked selflessly for 'The Mercy Mission' in Nongprue and is married to a local with whom he has a child. For the last 3 years I have known him he has worked hard on meagre expenses on behalf of expats who have found themselves in prison and visits often to make sure they have enough food, water etc. He has been IN and OUT of police stations on a daily basis for the last 3 years. It would seem his hard work for expats has upset someone somewhere and now these trumped up charges. He has been IN and OUT of police stations locally for the last 3 years on a daily basis, so why only arrested now? Do NOT beleive all you read in ANY newspaper. I will not be replying to comments aimed at me, I have done what I wanted. This is such a real shame.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known the gentleman, yes, GENTLEMAN in question for 3 years. He has worked selflessly for 'The Mercy Mission' in Nongprue and is married to a local with whom he has a child. For the last 3 years I have known him he has worked hard on meagre expenses on behalf of expats who have found themselves in prison and visits often to make sure they have enough food, water etc. He has been IN and OUT of police stations on a daily basis for the last 3 years. It would seem his hard work for expats has upset someone somewhere and now these trumped up charges. He has been IN and OUT of police stations locally for the last 3 years on a daily basis, so why only arrested now? Do NOT beleive all you read in ANY newspaper. I will not be replying to comments aimed at me, I have done what I wanted. This is such a real shame.

Is this the guy that brings bottles of pop and sandwiches in the mornings to the Soi 9 cells ?

Could it be that this individual went on a 'visa run' and met with an accident which delayed his return or maybe he simply fell ill and missed his court date?

Perhaps he has a note from his mom/doctor explaining his failure to answer his bail?

Seems strange for someone to be granted bail for an offense that I presume carries a prison sentence if found guilty then simply stay and hope that it would be forgotten about!

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, I know this guy.. He was there for me when I needed help the most. He has been volunteering in Pattaya, going to two prisons several times a week giving food and water to the inmates. He does this even after staying up some nights - he will wake up early the next day to go to prison and help out inmates.

He accompanied me to the police station MANY times and even surrendered his passport for me twice (2011) just so I could retrieve my own passport from a money-hungry police officer. THESE ARE CLEARLY NOT ACTIONS OF A MAN IN HIDING!!! I've seen him in court accompanying friends and the main Pattaya jail. When a corrupt police officer was giving me lots of problems because the cop wanted money from me, Ian volunteered to accompany me to the police station because they all know him there due to his volunteer work!

I just found out about this case today and I am still scratching my head about the details of the case. He also traveled to Cambodia several times in the past years I've known him. Obviously, he could have escaped Thailand during these times. Early this year and last year 2011 I know for a fact that he was in Cambodia. A man in hiding would not have come back to Thailand. This whole arrest and the details provided here (and all the other Pattaya publications) stink to high heavens.

I'm using my Facebook account with my real name here to show everyone this is not some dummy account created by the people directly involved in this case. Ian was there for me when some people turned there backs on me...and many many people can say the same thing about this man.

Don't know anything about the man, but find it unusual that a married man with a kid is living in Jomtien Complex

Don't know anything about the man, but find it unusual that a married man with a kid is living in Jomtien Complex

Why?

Why?

Jomtien is an almost exclusively gay area. Most of the people living there are Thai and Farang gay men as well as a large number of underage Thai Gay men. I find it unusual that a Farang man with a Thai wife and child would be living there.

Why?

Jomtien is an almost exclusively gay area. Most of the people living there are Thai and Farang gay men as well as a large number of underage Thai Gay men. I find it unusual that a Farang man with a Thai wife and child would be living there.

I was unaware of that. Is all of Jomtien exclusively gay or just Jomtien Complex? I thought that there are many Russians living in Jomtien now. Are they are gay as well?

• Like 1

Why?

I was unaware of that. Is all of Jomtien exclusively gay or just Jomtien Complex? I thought that there are many Russians living in Jomtien now. Are they are gay as well?

Sorry, Typo. I meant to write Jomtien Complex. I lived in Jomtien for 2 years, Jomtien itself is not exclusively gay.

• 1 year later...
British charity worker falsely accused of being a paedophile by police in Thailand is released after spending 14 months in a 'hell' prison
  • Ian Tracy was wrongly jailed for four years for being a paedophile
  • Served 14 months in Nong Plalai Prison, Pattaya
  • Was released just before New Year following order from Supreme Court
  • 'It has ruined my life. I have been treated like scum', Mr Tracy said today
By ANDREW DRUMMOND
PUBLISHED: 12:45 GMT, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 13:57 GMT, 2 January 2014
A British charity worker who was falsely accused of being a paedophile and jailed in Thailand for four years has been released on order from the Thai Supreme Court.
Ian Charles Tracy, 47, was released from Nong Plalai Prison, Pattaya, just before the New Year after spending a squalid 14 months in the prison being treated as a child sexual abuser.
It is thought he was was mistaken for another British man - who has been arrested for child sex abuse and attempted murder of a juvenile.

-- Daily Mail 2014-01-02

Is this the same guy?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10548038/British-charity-worker-released-after-wrongly-jailed-on-child-abuse-charges.html

His first names are mixed.

If so, what a disgraceful and shameful way to totally destroy someone's life.

Is there a report from inside Thailand, apart from Andrew Drummond?

Edited by soihok

Which was it - raping a 9 year old or propositioning a 10 and 12 year old? These are the two situations presented by these two very questionable online sources, and to me they are quite different. both are wrong of course, but the actual act of rape is far more serious than trying to buy sex. So until the facts are clear, perhaps judgement about the situation or wishes for the recovery of a possibly non-existent victim should be reserved.

BTW, I also agree that publishing photos and details about people who have not yet been convicted is wrong on every level. I have to wonder if the people who do this (Pattya One News and Pattaya Daily News owners/editors) have any redeeming human qualities or conscience. To me it's clear that they certainly don't fear answering for their actions in the afterlife or making bad karma that can bite them in this life.

Which was it - raping a 9 year old or propositioning a 10 and 12 year old? These are the two situations presented by these two very questionable online sources, and to me they are quite different. both are wrong of course, but the actual act of rape is far more serious than trying to buy sex. So until the facts are clear, perhaps judgement about the situation or wishes for the recovery of a possibly non-existent victim should be reserved. BTW, I also agree that publishing photos and details about people who have not yet been convicted is wrong on every level. I have to wonder if the people who do this (Pattya One News and Pattaya Daily News owners/editors) have any redeeming human qualities or conscience. To me it's clear that they certainly don't fear answering for their actions in the afterlife or making bad karma that can bite them in this life.

Honestly, you haven't read the thread, have you? Admit it. Look at the dates and the most recent news.

Poor bloke, having had to go through all of this. I'm sure I'd seen this previously touted around by the "press", who are now saying how terrible it is - would have though they could have done a bit more investigation. May be mistaken though. Obviously, this was a stitch up, which is alluded to on the blog site of Drummond.

She expressed sympathy for a 9 year old boy. We do not know if the allegations are true. She is presuming guilt without due process of law. If guilty, I sincerely hope that he is served with the maximum sentence, and I hope that the child recovers. However, until found guilty, I cannot stand by a presume he is guilty.

If the guy was not guilty then why the heck would he jump his bail?

You're right but not showing at court sure doesn't advance a picture of his good character. Which makes me wonder again, COULD he have just fled the country, and if so, why didn't he?

Jing, when you are released on bail here your passport is held until you are finished in court. Cannot leave without a PP.

You have not read the topic have you. He was found not guilty, the police appealed but did not tell him. This went to the Supreme court and he was still not guilty. The man deserves an apology..It may be nice if some of the posters who abused him started a topic of apology.

What a crazy story with an even crazier twist !!!

These Pattaya police are so corrupt it sickens me. They have had my passport since June 16th now and 60k bail money for a false charge of defamation because I swore to another farang in an email. The prosecutor when receiving my case dropped the charges immediately and said that could NEVER make it into a court or the judge would fire him. HE even said that the officer should have never sent him this case and that the officer must be corrupt but guess what..........I still don't have my things back and my next appointment at the prosecutors office isn't until Feb. 4th

That is 8 months that I haven't been able to leave Thailand and where do they think I get money to survive?

It seems this man is over due for more then just an apology and so am I. !!!!!!

• Like 1

What a crazy story with an even crazier twist !!!

These Pattaya police are so corrupt it sickens me. They have had my passport since June 16th now and 60k bail money for a false charge of defamation because I swore to another farang in an email. The prosecutor when receiving my case dropped the charges immediately and said that could NEVER make it into a court or the judge would fire him. HE even said that the officer should have never sent him this case and that the officer must be corrupt but guess what..........I still don't have my things back and my next appointment at the prosecutors office isn't until Feb. 4th

That is 8 months that I haven't been able to leave Thailand and where do they think I get money to survive?

It seems this man is over due for more then just an apology and so am I. !!!!!!

Surprized to hear you were bothered by the police in any case! I thought defamation was reserved for Thai citizens in all truth. And I mean that seriously, would not expect the Thai police to take notice of 2 falangs in such a case.