3 Immigration Dates

At the current time I have 3 entries in my passport from Immigration:

- Next reporting 19. November

- Ed Visa extension stamp good til 22. November

- 1 year Ed-Visa will run out on 29. November

What date is relevant to stay in Thailand legally ?

------------------------------

Footnote: I don't want to do another ED-Visa for next year because my Thai-Wifes work contract in Europe comes to an end next July, she will be living with me in Thailand and we will do a Marriage O Visa.

So upon expiration of my ED-Visa, I would bridge over the time (until next July) with a multiple entry tourist visa.

But: Would prefer to start the Multiple-Entry in MID-NOVEMBER, before above mentioned dates become relevant ( to skip another visit to Bangkok-Immigration). Would it pose a problem if 2 different Visa-Types "overlap" as far as date is concerned? (Ed-Visa still good for a week or so, but Multiple-Entry already in effect) ?

Thanks & cheers.

The way I read it you still have a valid multiple entry ED visa and a extension of stay. The date the extension ends is the date you either need to leave the country or get another extension.

If your multiple entry visa really is valid until the 29th you could make a border run and get another 90 day entry as long as you do it on or before the 29th.

You can get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet Laos based upon marriage to a Thai without any proof of funds. Just have your a signed copy of your wifes house book and ID card and your marriage certificate.

Edit: You need to leave the country before the 90 day reporting date or they might fine you later when you apply for your extension based upon marriage if they find in the computer.

Edited by ubonjoe

The way I read it you still have a valid multiple entry ED visa and a extension of stay. The date the extension ends is the date you either need to leave the country or get another extension.

If your multiple entry visa really is valid until the 29th you could make a border run and get another 90 day entry as long as you do it on or before the 29th.

You can get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet Laos based upon marriage to a Thai without any proof of funds. Just have your a signed copy of your wifes house book and ID card and your marriage certificate.

Edit: You need to leave the country before the 90 day reporting date or they might fine you later when you apply for your extension based upon marriage if they find in the computer.

Ubonjoe: Not sure I understand correctly. If I could convert my ED-Visa to a Marriage O Visa in Savannakhet as easily as you described it (even without my wife being present), I would go this route without thinking twice. (I would not have to bridge over until July with multi-entry-tourist-visas).

But: If I think of all the paperwork that has to be supplied to immigration if it comes to convert an ED-Visa to a Marriage O Visa within Thailand, it seems to me that this is "too good to be true".

If this would be so easy in Savannakhet, why would anyone bother to go through all the paperwork-djungle that is required within Thailand ? (Including pictures that show my underwear hanging alongside my wifes bra's in front of the house etc,etc,etc.)

??? Thanks for feedback, cheers.

Because in Thailand you obtain a one year extension of stay with no exit required for 1,900 baht. Outside you obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa for up to 90 day stays valid for one year for 5,000 baht. Different things.

Because in Thailand you obtain a one year extension of stay with no exit required for 1,900 baht. Outside you obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa for up to 90 day stays valid for one year for 5,000 baht. Different things.

Got it, thanks,