Marriage Of A Uk Citizen To A Thai National.

chowny77

Well three weeks ago I was in Bkk and myself and my soon to be wife went to the British Embassy. The security guard at the entrance was a very nice man and was of great help. I found out I had made a small error on my affirmation form which I had downloaded from the net. The very helpful clerk sent us across the road to the nearby department store where we were ushered upto the 2nd floor to a also very nice gentleman who could use some English. He took about 10 - 15 mins to correct my silly mistake on the form. Basically I put in Baht, not pounds for income. We went back to the Embassy, signed-in waited maybe 30-40 minutes ( No-smoking allowed at all - just for the smokers. Luckily I had chewing gum). The fee for the letter has now increased to B 3,250 from 2,900. It does not take 2 days to get the letter. If you go early around 9am and there are no problems, they will process it in 1 day. I had alittle problem and it was still done quickly in 1 day. Again the women that I had to talk to were very kind, we joked alittle and even when I picked up the letter, the older member of staff asked if it was my first marriage. I joked back I hope so......pang mak. We then went back to the shop mentioned before for translation. That cost us all together another B 600. All in all, it was not too bad an experience but I am alittle annoyed that it cost us UK citizens 2x more than it does for a US citizen. Plus now we can not even gat a new passport processed here in Thailand.