Gov Approval Of The Translation From Embassy, Express Service Denied

jcw

So after you have been to the Embassy and obtain the affidavit from your embassies say that you've never previously been married before with an address, you have to take that out to the federal government's only approved translation service in Chang Wattana.

I read on here that there is an express service, that if you get in before 11 o'clock you can pick it up after 3 o'clock and pay the official fee they give you a receipt for. I spoke to a chap who was in their last month, who told me that service is now gone. He is ding dong with everything in Thailand, but as seeing this is now his fourth marriage to a Thai lady, one would think he would have the experience to actually may be no that this service is actually gone.

He told me you have to wait a week now there is no way of getting around it. Except they can post it back to your address a week or more later.

Has anyone been in there in the last month or two and actually know the truth behind the express service for the official approval of translated documents from English to Thai.

You do not have the documents translated at CW-road,. First you go to a translation agency, which are near the embassy and the consular department at CW-road. Then you go to the consular department at CW-road to have the document legalised as true document. The tranlation agency can take care of this for you.

Once certified as true, you cna go to any amphur to get married.

Not heard express service is no longer availeble.

Yeah, I was not exactly clear was referring to having the translation certified, thanks for clearing that up.

The chap who told me the service is finished is totally clueless anyway. His claim to fame of being a Thai expert on marriages is this is his fourth Thai wedding in seven years. Are you ready for a good laugh? He says this one will work because she is not a bar girl, it's the sister of his ex-wife 555 ... cheesy.gif

Edited by jcw

I was there last week, express service is there but not express as 4+ hours. Should be called same day. I actually to a taxi home and back then mrt home again - still saved money and did not sit in.mfa building for hours on.end (standard svc).

Have the doc translated grnd floor mfa building for b400, if they do not get translation correct you can go back to him.

Process is simple, but a bit of a freakout as everything.is written in Thai. Just get the translationnthen.go up stairs to fl3. Get a number, turn in docs and money. Wait and reciept returned with change. Wait...

Easy