Sun Protection

SomSak64

My girlfriend always worries about the sun, while I enjoy to get a little tan. So now I consider to buy a parasol (a sun-umbrella), but have two questions:

1) Would she accept it and use it, or is it totally unfashionable?

2) Where can I find a really nice one in Bangkok?

Any thoughts?

Guest IT Manager

Bring her to CM for a weekend. Book into a Princess suite at Rydges for a couple of days. Take a tour out to Baan Borsang and go shopping with her. Find one she likes.

Brownie Points awarded for:

A weekend away for the two of you

The shopping with her

The Princess Suite.

See if you aren't smiling on Monday.

Next Saturday is flower festival, it's a nice time here. PM me for a booking.

1) Would she accept it and use it, or is it totally unfashionable?

During the Victorian era it was the must have of fashion accessories, but alas it went out of fashion with the corsets and crinolines :D.

Seriously, if your partner worries about her skin than a parasol is very practical. IT's got the right idea - women love it when you take them away, esp when shopping is involved. Even if she's not into the parasol thing, I'm sure you'll both have a great time :o:D.

Guest IT Manager

I notice with some humour that the Doc is still wearing the corset and the crinolines. He has stopped using the bustle however because it kept getting caught in the doors of both elevators and elevated trains. As to the parasol, still de rigeur I see.

I notice with some humour that the Doc is still wearing the corset and the crinolines. He has stopped using the bustle however because it kept getting caught in the doors of both elevators and elevated trains. As to the parasol, still de rigeur I see.

I liked your police outfit too IT :o

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I am sure my gf would like a princess weekend in Chiang Mai. And shopping she appreciates anywhere. She is however working 6 days a week, with only Mondays off, so it will have to wait a little until we have some days to spend together (generally she is working even in the national holidays).

But what is Baan Borsang, and is there any reason I would expect to find a parasol there rather than in some market or mall in Bangkok? Umbrellas I can find anywhere, but I would like something really nice in silk and beautiful details.

I am back in northern Farangland for the next month or so, but it would be nice if I could arrange something sent for her birthday on February 27th (I doubt I can make it back to then)