I Saw A Sight On Saturday...

TwoDogz

Something I had not seen for 10 years, not since living back home.

It was a sight not expected to ever see here.

Seen it once or twice, singular or in a very small group of 3 or 4 max.

Seen it on Discovery.

On our farm, more than 100 parrots flocking about from tree to tree.

Green lorikeets nonetheless.

• Like 2

Farm is special, 90 minutes from bangkok and we have our own river, crystal clean. Swam in it all day and even drink the water from time to time, very special and unique little area, but its a secret.

Wildlife and especially birdlife is so lacking in this country and I have travelled all over Thailand and never seen such a large group of birds yet, even in the national parks. The ever ready slingshot puts an end to many with ease and provides a feed of bony wings and thats about it.

The lorikeets are very noisy and in a group even more so, as these were.

I remember my first adventure away from home as a young buck of 17yo and my arrival in the tropics, the real tropics of north Queensland in Oz and venturing into the Townsville Mall for a hotdog at dusk and the northern end I think it was where the rainbow lorikeets gathered in abundance and the chatter was deafening. It is a real tropical noise.

I remember when I first moved to Australia and was amazed at all the cockatiels that gathered outside my house in the morning. By week two I was regretting leaving my shotgun in Canada.

I can say the same regarding stray cats in Thailand.

Farm is special, 90 minutes from bangkok and we have our own river, crystal clean. Swam in it all day and even drink the water from time to time, very special and unique little area, but its a secret.

Wildlife and especially birdlife is so lacking in this country and I have travelled all over Thailand and never seen such a large group of birds yet, even in the national parks. The ever ready slingshot puts an end to many with ease and provides a feed of bony wings and thats about it.

The lorikeets are very noisy and in a group even more so, as these were.

I remember my first adventure away from home as a young buck of 17yo and my arrival in the tropics, the real tropics of north Queensland in Oz and venturing into the Townsville Mall for a hotdog at dusk and the northern end I think it was where the rainbow lorikeets gathered in abundance and the chatter was deafening. It is a real tropical noise.

Sounds like a neat spot and a cool sighting. Up north of Chiang Mai we have plenty of bird life and we see a new one every week. Not so much wild life on the ground but plenty of birds, although I have a friend that often sees bears in the deep back country.

I saw them too a couple of weeks ago, around 300 km North East of Bangkok. I'm not sure what they were, green, look like small parrots.

It was amazing, big numbers, very unusual bright green. Unfortunately there were gone before I had the time to grab my camera

The OP has his own river and 'drinks' from it!

I say stop smoking what you are smoking and get real, drinking from your own river! I ask you! What a load of BoXX!X!

And to boot the location is a secret!

I am sure the special forces train there also!

I remember when I first moved to Australia and was amazed at all the cockatiels that gathered outside my house in the morning. By week two I was regretting leaving my shotgun in Canada.

I can say the same regarding stray cats in Thailand.

There are non-violent ways to tackle pussy problems. :rolleyes:

Indian Ringnecked Parakeets most likely.

No, lorikeets as I mentioned, all green from what I could see.

The OP has his own river and 'drinks' from it!

I say stop smoking what you are smoking and get real, drinking from your own river! I ask you! What a load of BoXX!X!

And to boot the location is a secret!

I am sure the special forces train there also!

Hard to believe you can drink river water hey.

Then that nasty rain water, don't get me started on that filth.