More Bad News For California Wow In Chiang Mai

WOWcm

While exercising today noticed that I didn't see the normal clean up ladies and the rapair man that are almost always seen going around cleaning up or fixing the water fountains.

Then I over heard a disturbing comment from a few of the gossip ladies.... you know the ones that sit around on the equipment and talk for hours.

The statement was that the Yoga Man has not been paid in 3 months and will be soon quitting.... unless he can somehow be paid from the members directly.

Have noticed in the past month that many of the classes have been canceled as well.

Just wondering what your thougths are... have you noticed or heard such things as well.

How long do you think California WOW will be open in Chiang Mai?

A few more days?

A few more weeks?

A few more months?

Will they last another year?

Can't imagine the workers continuing to work for 3 months without getting paid... guess one can assume that other bills such as Electric, water and rent might also NOT being paid....

Stories last week in Bangkok Post about CAWOW were:

1. They were in bankruptcy to Bangkok Bank for 78 million baht

2. They had closed a number of locations in Bangkok

3. They hadn't paid staff in Bangkok for months and the staff had taken their complaint to government officials who are

trying to work it out

All that might settle out but it wouldn't make much sense to give them any renewal money at this point.

Yea that makes for a bigger problem here in Chiang Mai with all the BAD NEWS... it's probally VERY HARD to sell a Lifetime Membership to new members which means even LESS money coming in than before.

I'll give them another month at the most... hope I'm very wrong since I'm a lifetime member since 2008.

Already been preparing... my new workout place will be at home using

http://www.bodylastics.com/allproducts/

Resistance Bands.

Already started testing them out and talk about an incredible WORKOUT.

It will SMOKE you...

MMASetEU.jpg

• Like 1

I think they will be open in Chiang Mai more than a few day/week/month and also next year ( next 4 months).

Some news informations;

Cal.W. have total 10 or 12 branches (not sure), 8 in Bangkok, 1 in Pattaya and 1 in Chiang Mai and they all closed

(just temporaly or not, I do not know) except 2 branches (Paragon and Chiang Mai) that still open.

They have fitness members all Thailand approx. 140,000 members.

They have debt approx. 71.90 m.baht but they have total asset last year more than 800 m.baht.

Still in process asking to the court for re-organization plan, will know the result in next month.

Fee increase from 100 baht to 600 or 698 baht per year for member who pay for less than 40000 baht

for membership (I am not sure about their counting method)....

Membership do not need to pay monthly fee 600/698 baht for 2 month (I don't know when start or end up date).

There are more information but it too much details but I can share you now only some part of them.

I think they will be open in Chiang Mai more than a few day/week/month and also next year ( next 4 months).

Some news informations;

Cal.W. have total 10 or 12 branches (not sure), 8 in Bangkok, 1 in Pattaya and 1 in Chiang Mai and they all closed

(just temporaly or not, I do not know) except 2 branches (Paragon and Chiang Mai) that still open.

They have debt approx. 71.90 m.baht but they have total asset last year more than 800 m.baht.

Still in process asking to the court for re-organization plan, will know the result in next month.

Fee increase from 100 baht to 600 or 698 baht per year for member who pay for less than 40000 baht

Membership do not need to pay monthly fee 600/698 baht for 2 month (I don't know when start or end up date).

There are more information but it too much details but I can share you now only some part of them.

And I'm assuming you must be the lawyer for CA WOW to have such private information or is this the owner of CA WOW speaking?

Of course we hope what you are saying is actually TRUE.

could not resist, gossip from the ladies who sit around on the equipment, what about the gossip from the old farangs who sit on the equipment for an hour and gossip with their buddies while i am waiting to do a quick set, but anyway too bad, someone does not seize this opportunity to buy the chiang mai wow at a cheap price, front load 10 years worth of memberships and then file bankruptcy in a year, what a concept? ha ha 5555

Some news informations;

easy solution. sell off 5% of the assets and pay off your fn debt.

• Like 1

And I'm assuming you must be the lawyer for CA WOW to have such private information or is this the owner of CA WOW speaking?

Of course we hope what you are saying is actually TRUE.

I am just a normal member that have not time to use my membership.

It is not private information, all you can find from the news.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/California-Wow-to-undergo-rehabilitation-30182348.html

http://www.manager.co.th/Daily/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9550000092719&CommentReferID=21703830&CommentReferNo=1&

easy solution. sell off 5% of the assets and pay off your fn debt.

Do you see somewhere CA. WOW is sponsor in thaivisa? That is not my debt, if it is I thank you and will bring your advice to next committee metting. smile.png

• Like 1

I have other free ways to excercise (work more hard is also a good excercise), so do not need to pay more.

I tried that on the key board but no Tricep improvement at all. laugh.png

Sometime work already enough then come the time to relax on the key board, like me.smile.png

I have other free ways to excercise (work more hard is also a good excercise), so do not need to pay more.

I tried that on the key board but no Tricep improvement at all. laugh.png

You are surfing the wrong sites...

Find a high quality adult entertainment site and in just a few short weeks, you should really start to see some gains in forearm muscle growth + stamina thumbsup.gif

-Mestizo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heard today from the cleaning ladies that today (Thursday 4th Oct) was the last day for CWE Chiang Mai, could be a rumor or just gossip, but there was no regular staff around to confirm/deny the story. I keep expecting the doors to be locked when I get there, it's difficult to imagine they can stay open much longer.

Yea think it is just a matter of time now.

They have had a sign up for about a week now "Yoga and Dance Classes CANCELED"

About a week ago we went in and a bike we were on had some old bandaids on it from someone.

Well a week later... there were still there...

Pretty much tells you the state of cleaning ladies.... NOT doing any cleaning.

Of course the new information out this week in the newspapers about the FRAUD complaints being made at DSI.

Every day we go work out we expect the doors to be closed....

HOWEVER, they are STILL selling memberships, lol... someone I know just purchased 3 more months.

Hope they get their moneys worth.

• 5 weeks later...

It's getting run down very quickly, I counted 18 treadmills yesterday with "out of order" stickers, the one I used had a dodgy belt that wont last long either.

The water fountains have all been turned off too, it doesn't bode well.

At least the punters seem to be trying to help the staff, I was in 3 times last week and each time the "tip box" had plenty in it.