Experts Needed For Rare Question Re Multiple Entry Visa

Hi all

I have a british passport andhave a dependent visa, my other half has a work permit. My visa is due to expire on Friday. I went to the one stop immigration office today and was told to get a new passport as mine is water damaged and they won't accept it, although you CAN see the visa and it's date. That aside, I need some advice! to order a new passport will take five weeks and I'll leave you to work out the fine I'll have to pay for over staying my visa. Apparently I can get a temporary travel document from the british embassy and do a visa run to get a multiple entry on that one. This will give me time to return and order the actual new passport. The question is: does anyone know which country in SE Asia will accept my temporary passport AND issue me a multiple entry visa back into Thailand? I can take my wifes passport with me.and our marriage certificate, etc. also, how long would it take?

Please help! I'll call the british embassy tomorrow but they don't give much info regarding other.countries Thai visa policies.

Thanks!

No Thai Consulate in any country will issues a multi entry visa if validity is less than 18 months (which I suspect it is). Perhaps you mean a two entry tourist visa? Suspect Savannakhet would be OK as would Vientiane in that case.

Single entry is 60 days that can be extended 30 days - a two entry would be two such cycles if you want but all entries must be made within 90 days of issue so first extension would likely have to be cut short a day or two. Single entry should provide plenty of time to obtain new passport and then get a non immigrant O visa entry for new extension of stay.

I returned from India in January, the passport got soaked about a week after. I haven't left the country since. If I can't use the temp travel doc, then all I can do is over stay and pay the fine until I get my new passport in the post! Gonna cost about 10000 baht! Then I suppose I can take the new passport and renew my non O visa. I'm going in tomorrow to chamchuri square to appeal...must at least try something.

Beano; "damaged" as noted by lady at immigration department. If you read my post, I mention that you can still see the stamp and date. It has a slight water mark on the page.you know what these people are like, same all over the world. Of course I would have changed it if I thought it would be a problem.

Normally the emergency travel document can only be used to get you to your home country.

Although your sentiment is correct, believe this is not quite strictly true with a British temporary PP, but understand there is a limited as to the number places you can travel to and they have to be pre-defined, but technically speaking the intent of a temp pp is to get you to your home country

• Like 1

Thanks guys. FYI, just came back from immigration department and can confirm that you can not get any visa with an emergency passport. Not sure how you can return to Thailand on it?! Any way, I have to simply wait for my new one and pay the price. Does anyone know if over stays affects the chances of getting s work permit in the future?