Getting Rid Of Unwelcome Dogs

petercouz

Hi There - can anyone tell me who I can contact to get rid of very unwelcome wild dogs around my house - I have two young kids and I am really concerned that these dogs are going to breed soon and we will be overrun, and my kids will be in danger from packs of snarling nasty dogs. Are there local organizations who can come round to neuter the dogs or even take them away? I have posted this in another section but want to cast the net a bit wider - I live near Bang Saen in Ang Sila - anyone who would like to make contact please feel free.

That sounds like a nightmare, I would be terrified if your kids are around. Good luck getting it sorted.

I was driving around only yesterday and I was thinking that Pattaya is like an open zoo now, there are so many stray dogs about it is absolutely disgusting and it makes me question why the h_ll I am I living in a place like this.

If the mayor is serious about cleaning up Pattaya, then why don't they round all these dogs up??

The only person thats going to do anything about it is you, strange a pack of dogs just turning up after you moved into the house or were they there before. Catch and release some where else, but others will come or catch and neutering and they wont breed. here is how i reduced a pack. Nobody wants to know and know body will help.

There a fact of life every where in Thailand, there is no available solution. Keep the dogs out and the kids in.

post-140396-0-42239200-1346131064_thumb.

Edited by marstons

I think the dogs were here before you were. Thailand has been like this forever. If you are that worried about it try moving but guess what, it will be the same everywhere. There is another post running regarding dog free villages, maybe check that out and it might help your problem.

• Like 2

I think the dogs were here before you were. Thailand has been like this forever. If you are that worried about it try moving but guess what, it will be the same everywhere. There is another post running regarding dog free villages, maybe check that out and it might help your problem.

Gone - So you dont think it is getting worse? Pattaya is more like an open zoo these days. They keep banging on about how they are trying to tidy up Pattaya's image and hoping to make it a family type resort yet they choose to do nothing abour thousands of diseased ridden dogs roaming the streets. It's disgusting and certainly doesn't fit into their image that they are trying to project Pattaya in to the rest of the world.

I say round these dogs up.

• Like 1

Buy a male.English bull terrier or fox terrier. Not Staffordshire or pitbull They're safe around children and they're fiercely territorial. They won't permit any other dogs in their area.

Any dog is safe round children if properly trained, no need to slate certain breeds.

• Like 1

Buy a male.English bull terrier or fox terrier. Not Staffordshire or pitbull They're safe around children and they're fiercely territorial. They won't permit any other dogs in their area.

Any dog is safe round children if properly trained, no need to slate certain breeds.

Different breeds have different characteristics. Some are natural retrievers, some are herders, some are good at tracking scent. Any dog can be trained but if you've been around dogs as long as I have you'll know that some are temperamentally suited to small children and cats, and some are not.

post-70418-0-49306900-1346166098_thumb.j

Gone - So you dont think it is getting worse? Pattaya is more like an open zoo these days. They keep banging on about how they are trying to tidy up Pattaya's image and hoping to make it a family type resort yet they choose to do nothing abour thousands of diseased ridden dogs roaming the streets. It's disgusting and certainly doesn't fit into their image that they are trying to project Pattaya in to the rest of the world.

Yes but you said it all yourself, no one cares or will do anything so..............do it yourself as suggested.

When they say "clean up Pattaya's image" I don't think they are referring to dogs.

People in this area buy puppies and then leave them outside the next village where there is a donut Englishman who feeds dogs daily The donut drives around in a van filled with food for strays also.

There were no dogs here when I firs arrived now there is a pack of about 20 that live outside the next village plus a pack every 100 mts or so for app 3 kilos in all directions.

They are filthy and disease ridden.

I once ran over a sleeping dog when starting my car.The dog bit through an almost new tyre ,steel inner lining as well.I had to dump the tyre.

• Like 1

Yes but you said it all yourself, no one cares or will do anything so..............do it yourself as suggested.

When they say "clean up Pattaya's image" I don't think they are referring to dogs.

Well, clearly they don't care, but my point is that they should.

I was chatting to someone recently who claims he puts down poison in the hope that the dogs eat it.

Edited by hotandhumid

Going a little off subject, I apologise!

Pattaya (Thailand) is a farm land, they can build Hilton hotels, fine restaurants etc etc, but the people will never change, it's normal that dogs, chickens etc are left to run around!

In answer to your question, either move, or poison them (I know it sounds terrible but I know of a westerner who has done this, it wasn't me)! Realistically if your in rented accommodation you have freedom to move. If not make sure you come home with chicken for them, they'll end up loving you!

Do you live in a village? If so, try to have your manager deal with it. I have some friends who live near the beach here in Pattaya. Quite a few wild dogs roam about, so the manager calls some guy who shows up with a blow gun. He stuns the dogs and takes them to a temple quite a bit out of town. The cost is covered by the condo association, but I think it's like 2000B for his service.

Maybe you have something similar up there? Do you have a Thai wife?

People in this area buy puppies and then leave them outside the next village where there is a donut Englishman who feeds dogs daily The donut drives around in a van filled with food for strays also.

There were no dogs here when I firs arrived now there is a pack of about 20 that live outside the next village plus a pack every 100 mts or so for app 3 kilos in all directions.

I once ran over a sleeping dog when starting my car.The dog bit through an almost new tyre ,steel inner lining as well.I had to dump the tyre.

A dog bit through a steel belted tire? Come on mate lets not exaggerate. Did he do this after you ran him over or before? If before then didn't you notice you had a flat tire before you ran him over? If after then he is the most amazing dog in the world.

Well, clearly they don't care, but my point is that they should.

I was chatting to someone recently who claims he puts down poison in the hope that the dogs eat it.

That person is a sick man and should be reported. Does he want to kill cats and birds as well or snakes etc.?

People who put XXXXXXXXX out to kill dogs (or whatever he used) have no respect for one of natures finest........animals.

Edited by Rimmer

Do you live in a village? If so, try to have your manager deal with it. I have some friends who live near the beach here in Pattaya. Quite a few wild dogs roam about, so the manager calls some guy who shows up with a blow gun. He stuns the dogs and takes them to a temple quite a bit out of town. The cost is covered by the condo association, but I think it's like 2000B for his service.

Maybe you have something similar up there? Do you have a Thai wife?

I'll bet the abbot of the wat is well pleased every time the guy turns up with more dogs. "Ah! More dogs! Just what we need."

The problem with removing dogs, by whatever means, is that as long as there's a food source, the next lot of dogs down the road will just move in to take their place.

A dog bit through a steel belted tire? Come on mate lets not exaggerate. Did he do this after you ran him over or before? If before then didn't you notice you had a flat tire before you ran him over? If after then he is the most amazing dog in the world.

That is an incredible story. I'm surprised it didn't garner more response.

The dog was sleeping under my car.I was in a hurry and started the engine and moved straight away.I must have run over his tail [Nonthaburi BKK].

I heard the squealing and stopped .A thai neighbour who saw this waved me to move forward .as I did so the dog ran off and the tyre deflated.

The mongrel [typical thai dog] bit right through an almost new tyre and the steel lining making repair impossible.

I am not usually happy typing long winded posts. but this is for the disbelievers.

I do not write fiction

Different breeds have different characteristics. Some are natural retrievers, some are herders, some are good at tracking scent. Any dog can be trained but if you've been around dogs as long as I have you'll know that some are temperamentally suited to small children and cats, and some are not.

Your points are valid BUT in the UK in the 1980's is was Rotweilers that were getting the bad wrap now it's pit bulls and staffies, in 10 years time it will be another breed. If you have responsible owners and the dogs are properly trainer any breed is ok round children.

What's the point of your picture. All dogs bites, look at the stats and you'll find other breeds have higher % of attacks than Pits - fact!

Your points are valid BUT in the UK in the 1980's is was Rotweilers that were getting the bad wrap now it's pit bulls and staffies, in 10 years time it will be another breed. If you have responsible owners and the dogs are properly trainer any breed is ok round children.

What's the point of your picture. All dogs bites, look at the stats and you'll find other breeds have higher % of attacks than Pits - fact!

Don't you know that a picture is worth a thousand words?

Strangely enough, not many people know that Jack Russell's are among the worst man eaters. What happens is that a couple bring home a new born infant and Jack gets kicked out to the back yard. The dog sees the child as an interloper that's taken his place and, if given the chance, will attack. It's called terrier jealousy. It pays to know your breeds.

The dog was sleeping under my car.I was in a hurry and started the engine and moved straight away.I must have run over his tail [Nonthaburi BKK].

I heard the squealing and stopped .A thai neighbour who saw this waved me to move forward .as I did so the dog ran off and the tyre deflated.

The mongrel [typical thai dog] bit right through an almost new tyre and the steel lining making repair impossible.

I am not usually happy typing long winded posts. but this is for the disbelievers.

I do not write fiction

Sorry but it is just scientifically impossible for a dog to bite clean through a steel belted tire, especially a new one. I think maybe someone slashed it first or it was defected.

Sorry but it is just scientifically impossible for a dog to bite clean through a steel belted tire, especially a new one. I think maybe someone slashed it first or it was defected.

Yeah, and especially on the fly while the dog is being run over. He didn't state whether or not he killed the dog - maybe he ran over his tail.

A neighbour who didn't want dogs hanging around outside his house created a dog feeding zone down the road in another area. The dogs always hang out close to where they get fed.

Edited by tropo

Hi

There was a feature on a Pattaya news channel last night featuring someone living in the Lake Mabprachan area and running a Canine Sanctuary.

He seemed to care for the( stray) dogs in the Pattaya area.

A google search should provide further details, maybe he can offer some advice or help?

He seemed to care for the( stray) dogs in the Pattaya area.

I don't know why people keep calling them "stray dogs". They are not neglected stray pets, they are dogs born in the wild, in this case parks and empty lots. They are basically wild animals adapted to their habitat, in this case parks, empty lots and sois.

There really is no need to shed tears over them. They have an easier life than most wild animals. They don't have hyenas and other carnivores chasing them. If the weak die, that's just part of the balance of nature. In the wild the weak are soon eaten. The people caring for these animals are interfering with nature and making the gene pool weaker thereby increasing the number of weak animals for people to cry over.

• Like 1

Indeed. They are mostly feral dogs traced back over many years of fending for themselves. Many are diseased, mangy and starving yet still breeding and compassionate souls are - I honestly believe - not really doing good by feeding them and by assuming they are poor abandoned pets. They never were pets and will never be. Dog catchers can be called and that may be preferable to letting them get hit by the cars or bikes that they seem to like to chase in some areas. I am not for cruelty but common sense should prevail over the many Western emotions about animals.

Edited by petercool
  • Like 1