Dtac Mobile Network Failure Across Thailand

george

Is/was your DTAC mobile dead today?  

292 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm new to this form as a member but have been reading it for sometime. I find it very helpful when trying to find out what's going on in Thailand. So after reading about DTAC problems what is the best phone service to have in Thailand? I have a house in Phayao but at the present time I'm back in the USA visting my family will be returning in Oct 2012 and will be needing to purchase a phone plan. I'm not sure which one I should use. Any ideas??

Tkanks.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While travelling from BK to Phuket by car today I had serious problems with DTAC reception between 10 and 12 am in Chumphon and Surat Thani areas. between 11 and 12 AIS didnot work either in that region.

About time that the NBCT takes action as DTAC's network coverage throughout Thailand is a lot worse the last 2 years than it used to be.....

Glad I have a duo-sim phone tho....

So we have now reports that AIS also had an outage around the same time.Another poster reported that True had similar outage today.

Why is there no report that they are also summoned to explain and threatened with a huge fine.

Ooops,.........I forgot they are Thai and Dtac are Aliens.

• Like 1

These frequent network outages can't bode well for DTAC subscribers....

One or two hours, and hardly catastrophic. I am missing my satellite tv right now because of that extraordinary phenomenon called rain.

Satellite TV outages, power outages, floods, all caused by rain, something the Thais have plenty of but never plan for.

Gee, my internet service has broken down for the 8th time TODAY. <deleted>, what's the big deal with DTAC??

UPDATE

NBTC plans to unveil result of talk with DTAC at 4pm today. Fine may reach 8 digits, or over Bt10 mn. Punishment is likely, as this is the 8th failure so far this year. /The Nation

Apparently, my previous posts where I stated the whole problem was due to the fact that some T people cannot count past the number 8 and that since computers read numbers any phone with the number 9 in it would not work has been deleted by admin.

So obviously, I was incorrect about that and my sincere apologies. One reader even wrote that he called his wife and her phone number had a number 9 in it. Clearly, I was wrong and the schools now are including the number 9 but I'm willing to bet big money that if a "10" were to pop up in a phone number the sh.. would hit the fan again. LOL

it happens to the best

but still DTAC has that kind of problems quite often... use their services just because I got my Samsun galaxy very cheap.

Usually I make phone calls and send text from my 1,2call number , DTAC just to play internet.

What can I say, I feel sorry for those who use DTAC at work or in case emergency.

Strange enough this afternoon my AIS smartphone has been losing connection with the network and switching to DTAC,with the result of course that noone could call me and I couldn't make outcalls.This happened continiously between 2pm and 5pm in the south pattaya area.If I rebooted my phone it would connect to AIS to change tp DTAC a few minutes later.In the end I had to switch off the automatic network detection to prevent this from happening.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

Dtac is The only GSM Operator in Thailand that have in case of electric power line problems when it's windy espasaly on the islands in phangan have no battery aku based power recovery system for STOp interruption !

Means when your signal is gone the light is also gone and via versa!

Here in Thailand the customer got nothing from the operator only a big sorry, in Europe the have to pay a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Dtac is The only GSM Operator in Thailand that have in case of electric power line problems when it's windy espasaly on the islands in phangan have no battery aku based power recovery system for STOp interruption !

Means when your signal is gone the light is also gone and via versa!

Here in Thailand the customer got nothing from the operator only a big sorry, in Europe the have to pay a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

And you know this for sure! How?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• 3 weeks later...

Today Dtac sent me a message that for 49 Baht I can get unlimited 3G for 24 hours,or actually till midnight from the day you sign up.

They don't know obviously that I have a monthly 3G account with them, but the only unlimited thing I get from them is modem resets.

23 resets so far today and counting.Anyone else experience same issue ?

• Like 1

Mines been screwed most of the day here in Bangkok. What a pain in the neck.

Went and switched to AIS at luchtime, will be done this week.

It was very easy and you can keep the same number if anyone else is planning on doing the same.

Mines been screwed most of the day here in Bangkok. What a pain in the neck.

Went and switched to AIS at luchtime, will be done this week.

It was very easy and you can keep the same number if anyone else is planning on doing the same.

Good luck w the "next week" plan. There are a lot waiting for this as its been throttled.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

for what its worth i have TRUE and Dtac on the same phone. Usually both work great True 3h for 3g and Dtac for calls etc.. but the last week the TRUE has been buggering up. losing signal. going into roaming or losing H completely ..Dunno why. nor do customer service they just give me the line that my local transmitter is being serviced...right

Look forward to a new batch of free calls coming your way guy's.Dtac 3G completely down in East Pattaya for the past 45 minutes.

When I checked my balance, which surpringly functioned , it said I have used 603 Mb in the past 4 days. w00t.gif And that is without 1 single download or youtube.

I think I'm paying already for the compensation they gonna offer me.

Now it get's completely interesting. Checked my balance again, since I thought it might be a mistake, and in the past 12 minutes I have used another 0.4 Mb

WHILE MY SIMCARD WAS LAYING ON MY DESK.

Do you think it's time to start a complaint?

For your information I'm using AIS 3G to post this.

I gave Dtac a friendly call at 6.30 pm as my connection still wasn't working.

They were I should say " surprised" that I was upset about the umpteen disconnections every day,and that I only get downloads at 20 -30 KB/s.Mind you I'm within 1500 meters from the signal tower.

I couldn't resist to ask them if a 10 million fine isn't enough reason to improve their service.Anyway,they reset the connection and it seems to fly now.Haven't done any downloads though.

Let's see how they will react to my 603 Mb usage over 4 days without downloads.For the past 6 months I have never reached my 3 Gb download limit, so an indication more that it is very strange that I have more than double the average usage in the past 4 days.No idea though how I gonne proof that,but will keep a close eye on my usage for the next couple of days.

All night on Edge tonight, however I still have more than 2Gb unused balance.The end of this month will definitely mark the end of colaboration with the only Farang phone company in Thailand.

Where did I hear that they had such a better service than those lousy Thai companies?

All night on Edge tonight, however I still have more than 2Gb unused balance.The end of this month will definitely mark the end of colaboration with the only Farang phone company in Thailand.

Where did I hear that they had such a better service than those lousy Thai companies?

we wait with baited breaths your happy news that you have moved networks and are soooooo happy.

we wait with baited breaths your happy news that you have moved networks and are soooooo happy.

Do you want to say that the other providers are delivering the same crap service?I can hardly imagine that it can be worse.

I'm now for 24 hours continiously on Edge, however I pay for 3G, and are at reasonable distance to the signal tower.

I called them this morning, and they didn't even have a record of my previous complaint last week, however at that time they confirmed by sms that everything was ok now.

If they even keep records about customer complaints, that says a lot about their organizing,not?

But my actual point is that I read so many reports on this board that Dtac was the best provider in Thailand since they were foreign managed and had the better knowledge and the better network an blah blah blah, and that was also one of the reasons why I choose Dtac as my provider.

Well, the news reports from the past few months together with my experience proof in fact just the opposite.

Do you want to say that the other providers are delivering the same crap service?I can hardly imagine that it can be worse.

I'm now for 24 hours continiously on Edge, however I pay for 3G, and are at reasonable distance to the signal tower.

I called them this morning, and they didn't even have a record of my previous complaint last week, however at that time they confirmed by sms that everything was ok now.

If they even keep records about customer complaints, that says a lot about their organizing,not?

But my actual point is that I read so many reports on this board that Dtac was the best provider in Thailand since they were foreign managed and had the better knowledge and the better network an blah blah blah, and that was also one of the reasons why I choose Dtac as my provider.

Well, the news reports from the past few months together with my experience proof in fact just the opposite.

the poblem is there is NO official nationwide 3g in Thailand . coming soon.. what you are paying for is a data connection. 3g or edge.. Dtac are the best provider of 2g and edge.. this 3g nonsense will hopefully get sorted out after the 2100mhz auction goes through. MAYBE DTAc are getting ready for that thumbsup.gif

TOT are the ONLY service provider with proper 3g on 2100mhz and they have sat on their hands for 2 years so only have about 2,000 cell sites in Bkk. CAT have 850mhz 3g which they also cocked up and had to do a deal with TRUE to sort it out... still pending investigation...... So its not cut and dried. and Dtac are charging the same now as they charged pre-3g....

ps: other than that outage last month i have NEVER lost DTAC coverage (as far as i'm aware).. but i have had True 3h bouncing all over the place H, G, no signal, roaming on True move and thats just walking around work showing 2-3 bars of signal.....

Edited by thaicbr