Dtac Mobile Network Failure Across Thailand

george

Is/was your DTAC mobile dead today?  

292 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frequent ??? I have Dtac I and do not think I have frequent network failures....

Seriously this makes me sick. I'm sure it is all about driving a foreign company Dtac out of Thailand.

I will stick to Dtac even if it will be a can-string-can provider.

• Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE

NBTC plans to unveil result of talk with DTAC at 4pm today. Fine may reach 8 digits, or over Bt10 mn. Punishment is likely, as this is the 8th failure so far this year. /The Nation

Edited by george

I'm with DTAC and I have been waiting for a all from a girl all day. She was a lovely type, came from Buriram but an unfortunate incident took place near her family home.

She told me her father was climbing a tree and fell when a branch broke.

She looked distraught and me being the concerned type I asked if I could help by perhaps paying the hospital bill.

She replies 'No my father is ok but he landed on the buffalo and killed it" "We only had one buffalo can you buy me a new one?"

She told me it would cost 10,300 baht so I gave her 11,000 as i had no change.

She promised me should would call me yesterday and give my 700 baht but she never so I was hoping she would call me today..but alas she never.

Of course the lines are probably down in her area, her being a good sort..........anyone heard if the phones in Rainbow 4 in Nana Plaza are working? laugh.png I would call her but I don't have 60 baht for a phone cardclap2.gif This of course is a totally BS but I bet there's at least a few blink.png <<<<<Dummies, in Thailand sitting waiting for that call..

To answer the question is my phone working....Working now ok. but can't say I noticed and have been to Sukhumvit soi 24, and Udomsuk (was working there) and Samrong today.

TELECOM

Dtac apologises for service disruption

The Nation

30189244-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Total Access Communications (Dtac)'s clients today experienced service disruption, the fifth time so far this year.

Dtac executives were summoned for an urgent meeting today with the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Board’s secretary-general. the press conference is scheduled at 4pm.

In a statement, Dtac said that it experienced a fault with one of the several pairs of MPLS Signaling Routers at the Rangsit Switching Centre, resulting in a combined down time of 65 minutes (11.06am-11.26am and 12.00 noon to 12.45 pm). The mishap affected approximately 20 per cent of customers in various parts of the country.

"The fault has been fixed and service has now returned to normal. We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience caused," it said.

Dtac which has been spared from penalties so far may be fined for the latest mishap, at the tune of an 8-digit sum.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-28

If you read all the posts some people in some areas have service and some don't. It is clearly only those people who have the number 9 in their phone number that their phones do not work. Check it out. I am sure I am correct.

Simple as that people.

I've just called my wife who is visiting her family in Phon, near Khon Kaen.

No problems getting through.

And her phone number starts with 089...

Funny how DTAC gets threated with fines if their service is disrupted yet everytime it rains my cable tv operator tends to go blank but never a mention of fines? perhaps there was but I missed it.

ps I dont use DTAC.

Or what about when TOT internet went down 8 different times country wide in May. No problems with that either.

Funny how this involves summoning executives to have a meeting even before they have solved the problem.

Would love to be privy to their explanation which one would presume would be very detailed and technical, (well the root bus, was connected to the TCPIP servers which were connected to the CPU, FTP, GSM, UN, NATO and UNHCR) greeted with blind stares from the assembled attendees.

whats DTAC'S 3G 1 GIG LIKE WAS THINKING OF GETTING IT BUT THIS IS PUTTING ME OFF 399 B PER MTH UNLIMITED

Dtac works great for me. I usually have a great connection even when my gf doesn't (she is using AIS)

Don't buy into this BS, it is all about discrediting Dtac imo.

The fact is DTAC network was down twice today - nothing at all about discrediting - it was not usable. And when you have a wife trying to call you and you fail to answer your phone good luck explaining it really was not my smart phone being smart but a network outage.rolleyes.gif

The fact is DTAC network was down twice today - nothing at all about discrediting - it was not usable. And when you have a wife trying to call you and you fail to answer your phone good luck explaining it really was not my smart phone being smart but a network outage.rolleyes.gif

Funny. At the same time in my area TRUE 3H was not working either. I wonder if their representatives are being interviewed by the NTC. 3rd time in 2 mths.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

How many times have you heard about any company being held responsible for any lack of / or missing service in Thailand ?

point her to the news on here if she doesnt believe you.

Thailand’s DTAC mobile phone network down twice Tuesday

BANGKOK, Aug 28 – DTAC, Thailand’s second largest mobile operator, was bombarded with complaints Tuesday when its network was down – its second service disruption in less than a year.

The network went off the air late this morning due to a failure in DTAC’s switching system in suburban Rangsit.

Service at the DTAC call centre was suspended, while DTAC's Facebook was bombarded with complaints from furious mobile users.

Thakorn Tantasith, secretary general of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), said an urgent letter was immediately delivered to DTAC seeking an explanation.

NBTC will set up a committee to discuss the fine DTAC must pay which, according to Mr Thakorn, could be up to eight figures, and the company must also provide compensation to 130 million customers as it did last December, when a similar incident occurred.

A preliminary survey found that the 3G network was completely down while the 2G network suffered partial disruption.

NBTC earlier warned DTAC against another network failure. The Telecommunications Act B.E. 2544 (2001) imposes a daily fine of Bt20,000.

Later in the day, DTAC (Total Access Communication Plc) issued a press release saying an MPLS signalling router at its switching centre in Rangsit failed to operate, affecting about 20 per cent of DTAC users in various areas for a total of 65 minutes, between 11.06am and 11.26am and from 12.00 noon until 12.45pm. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-08-28

These frequent network outages can't bode well for DTAC subscribers....

Been a Dtac subscriber for 5 years. Today is the 1st time I noticed. And that was for 25 minutes. Still happy. Shit happens :D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 1

While travelling from BK to Phuket by car today I had serious problems with DTAC reception between 10 and 12 am in Chumphon and Surat Thani areas. between 11 and 12 AIS didnot work either in that region.

About time that the NBCT takes action as DTAC's network coverage throughout Thailand is a lot worse the last 2 years than it used to be.....

Glad I have a duo-sim phone tho....