Dtac Mobile Network Failure Across Thailand

george

Is/was your DTAC mobile dead today?  

292 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All night on Edge tonight, however I still have more than 2Gb unused balance.The end of this month will definitely mark the end of colaboration with the only Farang phone company in Thailand.

Where did I hear that they had such a better service than those lousy Thai companies?

we wait with baited breaths your happy news that you have moved networks and are soooooo happy.

Do you want to say that the other providers are delivering the same crap service?I can hardly imagine that it can be worse.

I'm now for 24 hours continiously on Edge, however I pay for 3G, and are at reasonable distance to the signal tower.

I called them this morning, and they didn't even have a record of my previous complaint last week, however at that time they confirmed by sms that everything was ok now.

If they even keep records about customer complaints, that says a lot about their organizing,not?

But my actual point is that I read so many reports on this board that Dtac was the best provider in Thailand since they were foreign managed and had the better knowledge and the better network an blah blah blah, and that was also one of the reasons why I choose Dtac as my provider.

Well, the news reports from the past few months together with my experience proof in fact just the opposite.

the poblem is there is NO official nationwide 3g in Thailand . coming soon.. what you are paying for is a data connection. 3g or edge.. Dtac are the best provider of 2g and edge.. this 3g nonsense will hopefully get sorted out after the 2100mhz auction goes through. MAYBE DTAc are getting ready for that thumbsup.gif

TOT are the ONLY service provider with proper 3g on 2100mhz and they have sat on their hands for 2 years so only have about 2,000 cell sites in Bkk. CAT have 850mhz 3g which they also cocked up and had to do a deal with TRUE to sort it out... still pending investigation...... So its not cut and dried. and Dtac are charging the same now as they charged pre-3g....

ps: other than that outage last month i have NEVER lost DTAC coverage (as far as i'm aware).. but i have had True 3h bouncing all over the place H, G, no signal, roaming on True move and thats just walking around work showing 2-3 bars of signal.....

According to the OP, the outage last month was the 8th failure this year, and I'm sure they don't include outages of a few minutes at the time.

I understand that there is still no official 3G in Thailand, and most probably will not be for the next few years, however everyone is charging money for a 3G service,not?

They clearly state that they provide 3G and not edge for that price.I posted already that I'm located within a 1500 meter range of the Dtac signal tower, don't those signals cover that distance?If they can't get their signal up now, they will also not be able to after they have paid for an offficial license.A piece of paper doesn't improve a service as far as I'm concerned.

At this point tonight, I still receive only an edge signal, the service has reached a point that it is almost unusable to simply open websites.So you think Dtac is getting ready for the auction by degrading their service?

If you think things will improve after they have paid a large amount of millions to the government for their license, I can only say that this is wishful thinking at best.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just wondering.. have you tried a different sim in the phone.. are you sure its not the phone......

I'm using the sim in an aircard only, and have tried different aircards already.Also have tried switching from the aircard in the router to connecting it straight to the computer.

I should add, when I started using them 6 months ago their service was acceptable.Then it started from acceptable during daytime but bad at night.Some days of the month it would be really up to speed all day, but most other days I would get download speeds of 20 -25 KB/s,which is lower than edge.Now it is unusable 24/7. I haven't moved my location or anything inside my house.

Edited by jbrain

just wondering.. have you tried a different sim in the phone.. are you sure its not the phone......

I'm using the sim in an aircard only, and have tried different aircards already.Also have tried switching from the aircard in the router to connecting it straight to the computer.

but, but , but have you tried it in a phone?

I have tried it in my galaxy note, with similar results.Why would a phone give better results than a dedicated aircard?

I have tried it in my galaxy note, with similar results.Why would a phone give better results than a dedicated aircard?

Dunno. But at least you can change to WCDMA only.

sent from my Wellcom A90+