Weapons ?

ishan14

"Guns should be illegal to own ANYWHERE"....

Agreed....There needs to be an education program and a shift in mentality to get rid of firearms out of the community. Otherwise we will end up like the great US of A. God forbid

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Thaivisa Connect App

I know this is difficult for you to get your head around but there are a lot of places in the US where there are bears. Did you ever try to talk to an angry bear? Do you know any women from Issan? It is kind of like that. Then there is Bambi. Bambi is good to eat and fun to shoot. There is a lot of wild game to shoot in the US. Hunting in the US generates 67 billion dollars per year(Economic Importance of Hunting in America, International Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies ) Barclays 64 billion. PTT Thailand 63 billion. Hunting is done with guns primarily. So what do you think the chances of the US doing away with a sport that produces as much revenue as Barclays? The US is a big country with big game. What does this have to do with Thailand and weapons? I don't know. The above poster said that it should be illegal to own guns anywhere. I guess that includes Thailand.

• Like 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Guns should be illegal to own ANYWHERE"....

Agreed....There needs to be an education program and a shift in mentality to get rid of firearms out of the community. Otherwise we will end up like the great US of A. God forbid

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Thaivisa Connect App

I know this is difficult for you to get your head around but there are a lot of places in the US where there are bears. Did you ever try to talk to an angry bear? Do you know any women from Issan? It is kind of like that. Then there is Bambi. Bambi is good to eat and fun to shoot. There is a lot of wild game to shoot in the US. Hunting in the US generates 67 billion dollars per year(Economic Importance of Hunting in America, International Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies ) Barclays 64 billion. PTT Thailand 63 billion. Hunting is done with guns primarily. So what do you think the chances of the US doing away with a sport that produces as much revenue as Barclays? The US is a big country with big game. What does this have to do with Thailand and weapons? I don't know. The above poster said that it should be illegal to own guns anywhere. I guess that includes Thailand.

I think most would agree that the gun debate is largely about handguns (which I'll say again is a device which has the sole purpose of being used to kill another human being) which make up 85% of the shootings in America, and I think we can include assault rifles in that although not much gun crime is actually committed using assault rifles, but when they do they tend to be highly publicized as the amount of people killed per incident tends to be high. Not much gun crime is committed with a Remington 870 or Winchester M70. If the National Rifle Association actually did as their name implied and stuck to rifles, I wouldn't have a problem with them. You're never going to bag that quail with my Sig Sauer P228 or my S&W 5906, yet they they throw massive dollars at fighting any legislation that infringes on their perceived rights, even rational legislation.

You are right though, guns are ingrained in the US culture and aren't likely to go anytime soon.

I mean look at the company the US is in. Add to this the number of people, kids, shot in accidental shootings, suicides by gun, the fact that you are more likely to be shot by your own gun than to ever use it on an intruder, and the high rate of gun theft, it's completely insane.

Capture-2.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe