Non Immigrant O Visa - For First Timer

I'm American, 48 years old and recently married a Thai in the USA (we got her a fiance Visa). We did not register our marriage in Thailand. I am interested in getting a Non Immigrant O Visa. Couple questions:

Can someone provide me a link for a step by step guide?

We currently live in the U.S., but do not live near a Thai Embassy or Consulate. I'm wondering if I can send my Passport to a Thai Embassy/Consulate with the proper documents here in the U.S. to get the Visa?

Thank you

Yes, most consulates will allow you to apply by mail. Just check their website. There is a list here: http://www.thaiconsulatechicago.org/clate/whitepp/2010/hon_consul.pdf

For a non-O you normally need your wedding certificate, your passport and copy, copy of wife's ID/passport if you have the hosuhold registration (not that important in the US) and a small, imple, note from the misses asking for a visa for you.

More info is ogften also on the website.

Yes, most consulates will allow you to apply by mail. Just check their website. There is a list here: http://www.thaiconsu.../hon_consul.pdf

For a non-O you normally need your wedding certificate, your passport and copy, copy of wife's ID/passport if you have the hosuhold registration (not that important in the US) and a small, imple, note from the misses asking for a visa for you.

More info is ogften also on the website.

Thanks Mario

What website are referring to?

For O Visa are there multi entry?

I sent the Hawaii Thai consulate a email. It's the closet to me. Hopefully they will reply with what exactly is needed.

An O visa can be single or multi entry. The multi entry costs 2 1/2 times the price of single. Each provide a 90 day stay but the multi allows an unlimited number of such stays for one year from date of issue - the single allows one such entry within 90 days of issue. So what is best is determined by your plans for the future. If planning on living in Thailand and financially able to qualify for extensions of stay within the country only a single entry would be needed to start that process. If just a one time visit a single entry would make sense. But if planning frequent travel and not planning extension of stay the multi entry would make sense.

The documents needed will depend on the consulate you use. The Dallas Texas honorary Consulate asked for my passport and copy of data page and any visa pages, a copy of my wife's ID card and house registration, a copy of our marriage certificate (ours is from Thailand so I furnished an english translation), a letter written by my wife asking that they issue me a visa, proof of sufficient funds to cover stay in Thailand (US bank statement and credit card statement showing credit limit was provided), and two passport pictures. The fee was $200 for a multiple entry Non-O visa and was processed as I waited (15 minutes.)