Overstay Fine

LawrenceChee

Heya mates

I should overstay by 4 days ...is the fine still 500 baht a day ?

I am flying out to Singapore CM- BBK - SGP on Thai airways

Anyone know if i will pay at chiang mai airport or at the transition immigration point in bangkok ?

I have a morning flight and hate to be any earlier

Thanks

If you have a through ticket & check in at International in CM you will be classed as a CIQ passenger. As such you will go through Immigration in CM and then make a direct transfer to your international flight in BKK.

You will be given a CIQ sticker at the CM check-in and must wear it at all times until you leave BKK on your outbound flight. In CM you will be in the International departure lounge after going through Immigration but will be carried on the domestic flight. In BKK you will follow the CIQ signs and the THAI staff who are there to guide you through to the international security screening & into the International Terminals.

CIQ means Customs & Immigration Quarantine.

Lawrence, I think you should confirm by calling the Immigration yourself. The members who have confirmed the B500 per day may not have had experienced it themselves recently.

About 11 years, my friend and his wife, both foreigners, had their housekeeper (also a foreigner) overstayed for 2 years. But then the maximum fine was B20,000. He also had his friend, a top cop at the airport accompanying him. I was there also. Things may have changed by now. Better to check it out yourself by calling the Immigration to avoid hazard.

Last year I overstayed 2 days and did the immigration CIQ check in at CM.

I was fully expecting a fine, but I think because they were so quiet (early morning) I think it was easier just to let me pass.

Having said that, I was always under the impression that they would allow a lenience of 3 days before they started the 500bt a day.

But even a 4 day fine is preferable to another trip to Mae Sai i think

Lawrence, I think you should confirm by calling the Immigration yourself. The members who have confirmed the B500 per day may not have had experienced it themselves recently.

About 11 years, my friend and his wife, both foreigners, had their housekeeper (also a foreigner) overstayed for 2 years. But then the maximum fine was B20,000. He also had his friend, a top cop at the airport accompanying him. I was there also. Things may have changed by now. Better to check it out yourself by calling the Immigration to avoid hazard.

Nothings changed 500 a day or 20,000 max.

Last August, just a little over a year ago, at CNX, my visa was expired by some 27 days or so if I reember. I was taking a morning Air asia flight to KL to get a new visa (Non O from the Non B I had) Had 20,000 Bt in my pocket, expecting maybe 16,000 fine. Handed over my passport, he looked at it, looked at the computer screen then at me. Again he looked at my passport, the computer screen in front of him, then me again. I was quiet and polite. He stamped my passport and I walked through. I had expected to have some one walk up to me soon while I waited for my flight, got on the plane, and nothing was ever said about it. I know I was lucky. I hear 1 day grace period. But be ready for the worst, this is Thailand !