Purchasing A Property In The Name Of A Company.

It would be a bit like turkeys voting for X-mas, why would the land/property owning lawmakers vote to pay taxes on their vast holdings?

Where would the taxes go, local level or central?

Who would put a value on the properties?

Who would ensure the values were actually correct?

Have you ever seen the reporting of property values at the local amphor offices when properties are purchased, and the underpricing that takes place?

As for the companies holding properties I agree.

I dont suppose that Thai car-owners are keen on paying tax on fuel, but they do. And I dont suppose many property owners voted for property transfer taxes, but they exist and pull in a fair bit of cash.

Who would get the money? Who cares? Central government would distribute it as they see fit, just as they do with other tax revenue. The important thing is that they would have it.

What value for the properties? The same one as currently used for transfer taxes. Up to the government to review these values if it wishes. It has the power to do so.

Any tax revenue is better than no tax revenue.

Don't forget about a usufruct! Costs are 180 baht, no taxes need to be paid and can include your children too, effectively having control over the land for the duration of your live and of that of your children if you have them.

Does the no tax apply to a usurfuct that is recorded at the Land Office and appears on the back of the chanote?

Can you lodge a usurfuct with City Hall and avoid tax that way?