Bye Bye Glitterman

coutsa

re.

He did mention going back to the UK before the olympics and was thinking of getting a bike to ride around there and Wimbledon

hes been away from england for a long time ... and if he tries that ..

he will be beaten to a pulp in days by a real looney , nutcase , thug : (

not a harmless man on a bike who made people smile !

dave2

post-42592-0-04270400-1346430069_thumb.j

post-42592-0-46456900-1346430130_thumb.j

Hmm.

There appears to be a vacancy for Emperor of Pattaya and Protector of the Jomtien.

Any takers?

Tim is next in line smile.png

Tim who?

Correction from above:

Emperor of Pattaya and Defender of the Jomtien Territories

Sharky?

Yes-saw him yesterday on beach road-first time for a while,his gold was gleaming in anticipation of his promotion to Glitterman 2 biggrin.png

[All I can say is if I found a harmless eccentric in Pattaya, who has brought without a doubt more pleasure to people than pain, to be a, "nutter" and, "very embarrassing all round" I would seriously consider my choice of city to dwell in!!

You might want to have a good look round before describing someone like this, but be careful, don't want to bring on a severe case of Agoraphobia!

Just had a good look around as per your suggestion.

My conclusion?

The man was a harmless nutter. Happy now?

KarenBravo that's the first seismic boat I ever worked on. Looks a bit different in the photo now

Goodbye Glitterman. It took half the girls in Pattaya to put as many smiles on as many faces everyday as you did (though for different reasons!) and it would have taken any of us grumpy things on here a lifetime. It was a pleasure to have lived in Pattaya the same time as you. You will be missed. Harry.

Edited by Harrywonka
  • Like 1

He was a harmless "character". The most depressing thing about his departure is how the negative comments by obviously boring people have dominated. Give the guy a break, he was just different, not harmful.

As stated in this forum, he wasn't out boozing, fighting & annoying "normal" people like some of the bar mongers in this town.

Have a great life Sir Glitterman.

• Like 1

Glitterman is what is termed a naïve or vernacular artist, typically obsessed. Examples of vernacular art and architecture include Salvation Mountain, Watts Towers, and Forestiere Underground Gardens.

But Glitterman's work, mere fingerpainting compared to those extraordinary works, was just his bike and a costume pedaled around for self-exhibition.

He should have a larger vision and canvas. If only he could have got half a rai around town, he could perhaps just scrounge for junk, productively, and build a gold-painted mountain or "castle" or whatever.

As it was, once you'd seen Glitterman enjoying himself (he'd ring his bell if he thought you hadn't noticed) and experienced your initial embarrassment for him, thereafter he was merely in your way as you tried to negotiate Pattaya traffic.

I will miss him. While it's not like I saw him riding everyday, it was a nice feeling knowing his eccentric persona might appear. It's sad to know he won't grace the streets of Pattaya anymore. I wish him well and I think he did make a cultural contribution to our city of almost no culture.

• Like 1

Glitterman is what is termed a naïve or vernacular artist, typically obsessed. Examples of vernacular art and architecture include Salvation Mountain, Watts Towers, and Forestiere Underground Gardens.

He should have a larger vision and canvas. If only he could have got half a rai around town, he could perhaps just scrounge for junk, productively, and build a gold-painted mountain or "castle" or whatever.

Very well put! Her actually also designed thrones, there's a picture of him in his profile page sitting in one of those artefacts.

sent from my Android phone

re,

While it's not like I saw him riding everyday, it was a nice feeling knowing his eccentric persona might appear. It's sad to know he won't grace the streets of Pattaya anymore. I wish him well and I think he did make a cultural contribution to our city of almost no culture.

he used to wear black and gold some days in 09 but dont ask me why ?

dave2

post-42592-0-88513200-1346843544_thumb.j

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets fined riding that bicycle back in the UK because he broke one of the too tall or the too flashy laws.

Well he won't be accustomed to today's uk chats hurling abuse at him !

That's indeed a greater concern !

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets fined riding that bicycle back in the UK because he broke one of the too tall or the too flashy laws.

Well he won't be accustomed to today's uk chats hurling abuse at him !

That's indeed a greater concern !

Oops I ment chavs

Very well put! Her actually also designed thrones, there's a picture of him in his profile page sitting in one of those artefacts.

sent from my Android phone

True. I believe people would've paid admission to visit his gold castle of junk and see him sitting on his throne. Glitterman's Believe It Or Not. Wonder if Immigration would grant some kind of artist work permit . . . .