A Company’S Obligation - Work Permit

You need paperwork from company showing registration, taxes paid, ratio Thai to foreign employees.

Letter stating why they need you and why a Thai cannot perform the job. A letter inviting you to work with them. A letter to the appropriate embassy asking them to grant you the visa.(if this applies to you).

Copies of your passport visa page ie: Non B visa, entry stamp, certificates, degrees. You need a medical certificated stating that you are healthy, may include blood and urine samples, no older than 6 months.

Photos. Copies of contract, work schedule and google map of location and more.

• Like 1

You need paperwork from company showing registration, taxes paid, ratio Thai to foreign employees.

Letter stating why they need you and why a Thai cannot perform the job. A letter inviting you to work with them. A letter to the appropriate embassy asking them to grant you the visa.(if this applies to you).

Copies of your passport visa page ie: Non B visa, entry stamp, certificates, degrees. You need a medical certificated stating that you are healthy, may include blood and urine samples, no older than 6 months.

And don't forget that when you DO submit everything they ask for, the authorities will then turn around and ask for something else that wasn't listed as a requirement, or tell you that "this" piece of paper is not up to date (repeat this many times), necessitating a further 20 trips until it all gets sorted out.

And don't forget that when you DO submit everything they ask for, the authorities will then turn around and ask for something else that wasn't listed as a requirement, or tell you that "this" piece of paper is not up to date (repeat this many times), necessitating a further 20 trips until it all gets sorted out.

Yes of course, I failed to mention that and or a signature missing on one paper (a copyof something) and numerous calls between the business and the MOE and maybe numerous calls between the both of them and your girlfriend or wife also. And maybe having to answer. "Why is no one here from the school with you.?" Well why don't you ask them during one of your conversations.

Yes of course, I failed to mention that and or a signature missing on one paper (a copyof something) and numerous calls between the business and the MOE and maybe numerous calls between the both of them and your girlfriend or wife also. And maybe having to answer. "Why is no one here from the school with you.?" Well why don't you ask them during one of your conversations.

In reality, the only person they should be speaking to is you. If you find they want to speak with someone else because they are thai, then you can guarantee that some important information will be told to the Thai person, and not get passed to you. Remember it's you that is applying for work permit not your employer.

Edited by Time Traveller

This isn't necessarily the case...

I think it just depends on how organized your company's HR dept is.

I remember the first year WP was issued HR took care of submitting all docs to labor dept and I just had to go with them to sign a paper in front of labor dept officer

For each subsequent year, no need to go to labor dept, HR could take care of everything on their own

This isn't necessarily the case...

I think it just depends on how organized your company's HR dept is.

I remember the first year WP was issued HR took care of submitting all docs to labor dept and I just had to go with them to sign a paper in front of labor dept officer

For each subsequent year, no need to go to labor dept, HR could take care of everything on their own

Exactly.

In reality, the only person they should be speaking to is you. If you find they want to speak with someone else because they are thai, then you can guarantee that some important information will be told to the Thai person, and not get passed to you. Remember it's you that is applying for work permit not your employer.

Actually it is the employer applying for the WP, you cant apply for one in your personal capacity, so the company concerned should be helping you with this, over the last 11 years of WP's, extensions never been sent to the DOL on my own to "sort' things out there is always someone from the company there (Thai speaking) to do all the formalities, personally I dont think I have ever spent more that 15-30 minutes in the DOL on each occasion, the company rep handles the paperwork and typically all they want to see is my face matches the passport, which matches the photo on the WP, sign here and off you go

This requirement seems to vary by the DOL office or possibly to do with the phases of the moon, spent a few years not having to even turn up at the DOL, just the PP goes, then a few years ago they wanted to start seeing people in person, in an out in 15-30 minutes, but you did have to turn up

Thank you all for the information.

A friend told me that you have to have proof of insurance as well, is this true? He is thai, but works at an insurance company and he says thats the case. I have never heard about this fact. (my insurance from back in Sweden covers me for about 6 more months)

Thank you all for the information.

A friend told me that you have to have proof of insurance as well, is this true? He is thai, but works at an insurance company and he says thats the case. I have never heard about this fact. (my insurance from back in Sweden covers me for about 6 more months)

What insurance are we talking about, some companies provide medical, life insurance, etc but not sure that these are WP requirements, sure he is not talking about contributions to the social security fund, as this is a requirement, of course he maybe just trying to blag you into buying an insurance policy

of cause you never know about his real intentions but we have been friends for more than 10 years and he is their accountant, so I believe him.

I have tried to contact him to ask if it is the social security he means, without any luck..get back to you on that one.

Edited by khunMato

He referred to the Social Security.

How do you go about getting the social security insurance? How much is it for the first year per person (company will have 11 employees, 2 of whom is foreign)

Edited by khunMato

He referred to the Social Security.

How do you go about getting the social security insurance? How much is it for the first year per person (company will have 11 employees, 2 of whom is foreign)

Its not insurance per se, it amounts the company needs to pay to the goverment every month for each employee, the company accountant will know how to do this