Thai Army

ishan14

I think if you look at this you will see the feeling that ANZAC Soldiers feel towards those that gave all and why I dont like negative comments made against any one in the Military Forces that died.

Have a look, very emotional send off by the KIWI’S for the ANZAC Troops. This will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

A sad day when we loose good blokes like that yesterday....must be hard on morale and 5 more shot in base in Afghanistan yesterday.

This is a Maori "Haka" performed by the New Zealand (N Z)Army. This Haka was performed for 3

N Z Soldiers KIA recently. We mourn with our Anzac Brothers at their loss as they would mourn the loss of 5 of our diggers KIA yesterday.

I remember the N Z Maori Anzac troops in Vietnam, great Warriors . I also remember the church service in Sydney we had for all those N Z soldiers killed in Vietnam another wonderful thing to come from the welcome home parade and the great work by N Z Vietnam Veteran Clarrie Ornsby. There was a N Z flag blessed and placed in a box with a brass name tag and sent back to N Z to the soldiers family

Click here: Maori Farewell for Three Kiwi Troops

If the link does not work, copy below and paste into the browser to view.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/2nd-1st-farewell-their-fallen-comrades-with-a-huge-haka.htm

Thai Army will keep going on a little rice and somtam, US Army needs a McD, Kentucky .... Coca Cola and so on.

Sarcastic, but in many senses true. The US forces are an effective fighting force to the extent of their supply lines, their technology and superior firepower. Take away their suply lines or put them in a position where their technological advantage is not there, they are lost. Give me a British county regiment in that position every time over anything the US army or marine corps has (baring special forces). Give me a regiment of small stature gurkhas over both them.

If the OP thinks big muscles makes a good soldier, how misguided you are. I'd like to see the muscled guy on a British Army tab, or a RM yomp. Look at any endurance athlete in the world, and sorry, they don't look like that.

I think if you look at this you will see the feeling that ANZAC Soldiers feel towards those that gave all and why I dont like negative comments made against any one in the Military Forces that died.

Have a look, very emotional send off by the KIWI’S for the ANZAC Troops. This will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

A sad day when we loose good blokes like that yesterday....must be hard on morale and 5 more shot in base in Afghanistan yesterday.

This is a Maori "Haka" performed by the New Zealand (N Z)Army. This Haka was performed for 3

N Z Soldiers KIA recently. We mourn with our Anzac Brothers at their loss as they would mourn the loss of 5 of our diggers KIA yesterday.

I remember the N Z Maori Anzac troops in Vietnam, great Warriors . I also remember the church service in Sydney we had for all those N Z soldiers killed in Vietnam another wonderful thing to come from the welcome home parade and the great work by N Z Vietnam Veteran Clarrie Ornsby. There was a N Z flag blessed and placed in a box with a brass name tag and sent back to N Z to the soldiers family

http://www.michaelyo...a-huge-haka.htm

Ok that's your feelings but what has that got to do with the point or thread ?

Who made the negative comments except the OP about the Thai army ?

Thai Army will keep going on a little rice and somtam, US Army needs a McD, Kentucky .... Coca Cola and so on.

If push came to shove nuclear weapons would wipe them all out but there is a reluctance to use them,

The wars mentioned are not really wars they are more guerilla tactics, run and hide.

Vietnam and Afganistan not really wars.....what an idiotic statement. War - A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

Your comment,” Vietnam went well didn’t”it.

And ggold agreeing with your comments.

Do either of these comments have anything to do with the OP’s Topic.

Edited by OZEMADE

Yes and what's negative about pointing out big heroic farang man didn't beat the little asian man ?

Edited by arthurwait

Just a thought, as a ground soldier it would be easier to put a few rounds into the hulk then hit a midget at 200 meters.

Like most counties, Thailand has some well trained good troops and like most soldiers it's not the country they fight for, but the Regiment and there mates.

My father, a real soldier, used to say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

With that I hope to hear of no more real soldiers dying for meaningless conflicts. just so some politicians can look tough on TV. Jim

• Like 1

I thought he was talking about gear and weapons. Some of the APCs are from the 60s and except for Navy Seals the regular soldier does not pack as much equipment as those in developed countries but considering the weaponry and where the money is going that's not a surprise.

You should take a look at the Thai Navy Seals , despite my negative view against the Thai military and its leadership these guys are some really tough hombres. smile.png

Edited by maxme

If push came to shove nuclear weapons would wipe them all out but there is a reluctance to use them,

The wars mentioned are not really wars they are more guerilla tactics, run and hide.

Vietnam and Afganistan not really wars.....what an idiotic statement. War - A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

Yes i clearly remember the Afghans lining up on one side...............get real. its not all out war, if it was theyd nuke em, instead they just blow up passers by like shooting ducks.

I meant like the western soldiers look more RIPPED than the thai soldiers. I don't know if that's a helping factor or not but i just have a picture that soldiers are meant to be tough .. ermm.gif

Vietnam went well didn't it.

My thoughts entirely :-)

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

Obviously ggold & arthurwait know sweet FA about Vietnam and the war there.

i'm sorry, but didn't the US abandon VIetnam leaving behind countless individuals they had made hollow promises to?

to my recollection they lost that war, but it makes little diference whatsoever, because the US doesn't fight wars on it own soil.

what more is there to know?

Edited by tinfoilhat

yes they do, they are proof positive that a solider does not need to be a wall of meat to be a good soldier.

Now i appreciate and respect that you hold the armed forces in high regard, but quit grinding that axe in this context.

yes they do, they are proof positive that a solider does not need to be a wall of meat to be a good soldier.

go and look at any photos of EX-SAS guys from the war, or recent times.....how many of those are lumbering muscle bound "roid" heads...none, most are thin wirey type guys, no dispute they are very fit, would suggest for these types of guys the physical component of what they do is not as important as the mental strength thats required

Edited by Soutpeel

The US Marine looks like John Cena. :lol:

I would have thought that any soldier with a gun in his hand, and who knows how to use it, would be just as dangerous in a one on one situation, irrespective of his body size, in fact the bigger guy would more likely be slower on the draw.

12-duel.gif

I meant the soldier should be fit . The strength of a person equally matters in a war as his weapon skills do. A soldier doesn't only kill the bad guys but after he's done with that, he has to help his fellow men and face alot of obstacles to get back to the base. THAT'S A SUCCESFUL MISSION. They bang through iron doors , break walls and all using their body strength. I dont have a problem with thai guys but i don't think that they are as fit as they should be. It's just an observation/opinion , i already wrote that in the op. coffee1.gif

Edited by soundman
Font.

I meant the soldier should be fit . The strength of a person equally matters in a war as his weapon skills do. A soldier doesn't only kill the bad guys but after he's done with that, he has to help his fellow men and face alot of obstacles to get back to the base. THAT'S A SUCCESFUL MISSION. They bang through iron doors , break walls and all using their body strength. I dont have a problem with thai guys but i don't think that they are as fit as they should be. It's just an observation/opinion , i already wrote that in the op. coffee1.gif

Thank god, couldn't find my glasses but now I see clearly. coffee1.gif

Edited by soundman
Font.
  • Like 2

You are still confusing fitness with body size. There have been many sensible comments on here that are on-topic, and you seem to be ignoring what they say.

With respect, and in my experience, my opinion is that the scenario you have given here of what a soldier does lends itself more to what is seen in the movies and rarely, if ever, happens in the real world in the way you have described. I would be glad to hear some real experiences, however, and be corrected.

Edited by soundman
Font.
  • Like 1

I would much rather be in a section of 'lean mean' men than pumped up muscle bound guys that can lift incredible weights in the gym and then go and eat their huge beef steaks and down their protein drinks in the mess afterwards.

I have seen these guys after 3 weeks in the field on 'rat packs' and without regular sleep, they seem to visibly shrink before your eyes, they have no energy, they become lethargic and get moody whereas the smaller leaner guys tend to cope. There is no way these huge muscle bound guys could have tabbed across the Falklands carrying everything they needed on their backs in the conditions we faced and then fight a battle. In all honesty I think they fare better in Afghan because most of the time the FOB's (forward operating bases) are quite well supplied.

Moving to Vietnam my father in law did a full career with the Thai Army (many years in Special Forces), he weighs about 10 stone wet through and was a scout for the Americans (who he loves to this day), but he does say 'not good soldier, too slow, too much ice cream, too much coke a cola ha ha ha'. I guess some things never change.

Are you disputing who won ?

The US won....they had Rambo and Chuck Norris involved they must have won, I have seen the films, in every Rambo movies he decimated 50% of the Viet Cong....whistling.gif

The Tet offensive was a major military defeat for North Vietnam. The Australians and Thais and Kiwis and Americans always won on the battle field. They lost the war on the home front and in the Pentagon.

The Americans had listening devices all over and knew every movement of the NVA but it took 3 days to get permission from Washington to do anything; by that time everything had changed.

The war was a gigantic failure of planning and executive execution.

I was a low ranking GI in Thailand but I could have won the war easy. I would have gone to U-Tapao and pointed at Hanoi and said, "Bomb there for a couple of weeks." Simple war over.

The US won....they had Rambo and Chuck Norris involved they must have won, I have seen the films, in every Rambo movies he decimated 50% of the Viet Cong....whistling.gif

The Tet offensive was a major military defeat for North Vietnam. The Australians and Thais and Kiwis and Americans always won on the battle field. They lost the war on the home front and in the Pentagon.

The Americans had listening devices all over and knew every movement of the NVA but it took 3 days to get permission from Washington to do anything; by that time everything had changed.

I was a low ranking GI in Thailand but I could have won the war easy. I would have gone to U-Tapao and pointed at Hanoi and said, "Bomb there for a couple of weeks." Simple war over.

Nice attempt at spin doctoring, but the fact remains ya still lost.........whistling.gif

Nice attempt at spin doctoring, but the fact remains ya still lost.........whistling.gif

I didn't spin anything. The Aussies and Thais and Kiwis and others won in the field. They lost in the meeting rooms.

• Like 1

@ChiangMaiKelly

The fact it wasn't a war makes everything else irrelevant. The only relevant thing is what can we do to help them now when we pitched in to destroy their countries.

The same thing as back then. Get the Chinese out of the equation to secure the Mekong and stop the corruption to encourage international business and let the people have more than one party and vote for who ever they choose.

I didn't spin anything. The Aussies and Thais and Kiwis and others won in the field. They lost in the meeting rooms.

but if the US had won, you wouldnt have a communist goverment running Vietnam today would you ? you can win a battle but still lose a war

• Like 1

but if the US had won, you wouldnt have a communist goverment running Vietnam today would you ? you can win a battle but still lose a war

Ya well I guess I agree with that. It is always been a China problem. Who introduced Opium there anyway that was the real root of the problem. Was it the French?

If you say so Kerry.