Best Hotel For Kids In Phuket...

pedro01

OK - so I first posted a thread about hotels for kids in Samui...

but I'm now considering Phuket as a plan B....

I'll be going to Phuket in late October with my wife, mother and the 2 kids (10 & 3).

I'm wondering if any of you might know which hotels are good for the kids. Kids club, activities, slides in the pool that sort of thing.

Any advice would be appreciated - price range I am looking at is up to $200/night but if we go over that a little, it's no a huge issue.

Club Med in Kata is activity oriented. And Kata Beach is less deadly in the monsoon season than Karon. Other than that, probably one of the big chains. Hilton (Karon Beach), Holiday Inn (Patong Beach). I would never go in the water in Patong though. It's always brown.

In late October the surf may still be up so exercise caution at the beaches wherever you go.

Club Med in Kata is activity oriented. And Kata Beach is less deadly in the monsoon season than Karon. Other than that, probably one of the big chains. Hilton (Karon Beach), Holiday Inn (Patong Beach). I would never go in the water in Patong though. It's always brown.

In late October the surf may still be up so exercise caution at the beaches wherever you go.

I agree with Joe here, Club Med has to be #1 as far as things for the tots to do.

After that I might recommend Centara Grand. My family from Sweden stayed there about a year ago, kids about the same age, couldn't get the kids out of the pool !

I went to the Centara Grand in Karon to visit some friends last week. Fantastic for kids: kids club, waterslides, lazy river, big pools, organised activities, and it's right on the beach.

If I didn't live in Karon I would choose it for my own family.

which beaches are safest for swimming? tides etc

It depends on the time of the year as well as the weather. There are rip currents that are somewhat permanent in monsoon season on Karon and Nai Harn as well as others in certain areas. There is no such thing as a safe beach. Kids need to be taught to swim a an early age, then get trained to swim in the ocean. It's not a pool, even thought it looks like one at times.