1 Year To Learn - Looking To Work / Make Money Online

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with a bit of advice.

My good friend from back home would like to come over to Thailand to live, His current job role (offshore) will expire in 1 to 2 years time.

He has a lot of time on hand to learn a new 'trade' but I'm clueless as to what to suggest.

I was thinking some kind of website design but there seems to be millions out there already.

If you had a year or 2 to learn something new that would provide a ok-ish income online what would it be?

Many thanks for any ideas.

Edited by martindavies

First I would study the list of "prohibited" occupations, pointless training for something you are not allowed to do here.

Second, be sure you can obtain a work permit for it, you need one even if volunteering.

Under Thai Law foreigners are prohibited to engage in any of the following occupations.

1. Manual work

2. Work in agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry or fishery excluding specialized work in each particular branch or farm supervision

3. Bricklaying, carpentry or other construction works

4. Wood carving

5. Driving mechanically propelled carried or driving non-mechanically-propelled vehicle, excluding international aircraft piloting

6. Shop attendance

7. Auction

8. Supervising, auditing or giving service in accountancy excluding internal auditing on occasions

9. Cutting or polishing jewelry

10. Haircutting, hairdressing or beauty treatment

11. Cloth weaving by hand

12. Weaving of mate or making products from reeds, rattan, hemp, straw or bamboo pellicle

13. Making of Sa paper by hand

14. Lacquer ware making

15. Making of Thai musical instrument

16. Niello ware making

17. Making of products from gold, silver or gold-copper alloy

18. Bronze ware making

19. Making of Thai dolls

20. Making of mattress or quilt blanket

21. Alms bowls casting

22. Making of silk products by hand

23. Casting of Buddha images

24. Knife making

25. Making of paper of cloth umbrella

26. Shoemaking

27. Hat Making

28. Brokerage or agency excluding brokerage or agency in international trade business

29. Engineering work in civil engineering branch concerning designing and calculation, organization, research, planning, testing, construction supervision or advising excluding specialized work

30. Architectural work concerning designing, drawing of plan, estimating, construction directing or advising

31. Garments making

32. Pottery or ceramic ware making

33. Cigarette making by hand

34. Guide or conducting sightseeing tours

35. Street Vending

36. Type setting of Thai characters by hand

37. Drawing and twisting silk-thread by hand

38. Office or secretarial work

39. Legal or lawsuit services

From the Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.

Edited by CharlieH

One good thing is affiliate.You can learn it all online for free.Small investment to get a couple of websites,some even give you that

for free(white label)You do the marketing.Its not rocket sience but you need to like to spend time infront of the computer and read

all about SEO.Use Google or You tube and you will find all you need. www.redevolution.com/seo-explained/ or profitawareness.com/blog/2011/10/explain-seo-to-clients/ i found them by google search explain SEO.Just sampels.

Edited by crille30

internet marketing is the best bet

have to be careful not to pay for a lot of courses

http://www.silentjim.com/ http://www.mysilentteam.com/

Jim Cockrum has a book (127 pages) called silent sales machine which he sells for about 5USD I think

Warrior Forum http://www.warriorforum.com/ isnt perfect but after registering one can read a lot for free basically

I would be v careful buying stuff because easy to buy a lot of stuff without doing much, information overload.

lots of stuff can be got for free but learnign curve can be low

Look for a mentor in Thailand on this stuff also prob another good strategy rather than buying lots of courses

Cheers

Ben

I agree with happy AA ,be careful of buying,dont need to buy anything.Its all on google for free and youtube is great to show you in real practise how to do.But its sure not for everybody to sitt long hours in front of the computer and in LOS its even harder with many tempting things around so a lot of working dicipline.Mmm now I go for a beer biggrin.png

If I look on eBay how German company's espasaly in pkuket make money!

The sale 2 thinks, with many benefit to all over the world!

Thai gold!

And Buddha statue, but you need special paper to export!

I don't know how much this coast!

And about the web design open a dating site for eg thaikisses.com , the profit will be the highest you can have on the net!

If I understand right , when a foreigner has a company in Thailand,he can sale everything, and the list above what not allowed is for expats that not have a company!

Many Thai people on eBay USA sell also banknotes from Thailand with a lot of profit!

My girlfriend told me , this will be not allowed by the law, but Iam Not sure about this, when some seller habe a Feedback of Many thausent Sales!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app