Nor Sor Sam

Can some pls explain to me the difference between Chanote title deed and Nor Sor Sam ( spelling ).

From what i know the chanote is ultimate title deed and Nor Sor Sam goverment can take land of you anytime, is this correct?

Anyone with any bad experience of know of this ever happening.

Thanks.

All you need to know........ http://www.samuifors...itle-deeds.html

And NO, government cannot take land off you anytime!

Thanks for the info.

Is is advisable to buy land on this title then NOR SOR SAM? or not?

I haven't looked at the link but I can tell you that Nor Sor Sam is a secure and full title on which you can offer leases and other encumbrances, and get mortgage if you qualify.

The difference is the more modern chanot titles are better drawn with "luks" in the ground so there is less chance of minor problems about boundary. Most NSSs should be pretty clear however and this is for you to judge and if necessary compare with the neighbouring titles. I once saw an old NSS that gave very poor descriptions of what was bordering in each cardinal direction but which features had now mostly disappeared, so occasionally a little caution is appropriate.

Edited by cheeryble

All you need to know........ http://www.samuifors...itle-deeds.html

And NO, government cannot take land off you anytime!

Thanks for the info.

Is is advisable to buy land on this title then NOR SOR SAM? or not?

I haven't looked at the link but I can tell you that Nor Sor Sam is a secure and full title on which you can offer leases and other encumbrances, and get mortgage if you qualify.

The difference is the more modern chanot titles are better drawn with "luks" in the ground so there is less chance of minor problems about boundary. Most NSSs should be pretty clear however and this is for you to judge and if necessary compare with the neighbouring titles. I once saw an old NSS that gave very poor descriptions of what was bordering in each cardinal direction but which features had now mostly disappeared, so occasionally a little caution is appropriate.

Thanks for the info, do you get a title deed like chanote then? All registered at land office? A piece of land i am interested seem to be very cheap and makes me suspicious of the deeds, are land plots withNSS generally cheaper than plot with Chanote?

Thanks again.

No problem to buy NSS, just make sure borders are drawn together with the neighbours in good spirits.

Even with Nor Sor Sam Khor and Chanot border disputes exists, never a good thing when you just bought to have a conflict with the neighbours. form the start.

Sometimes landtitles are old and borders not clear, if the land is interesting don't nitpick about a little differece. Unless of course it is crucial. If it then escalates then better not buy.

No problem to buy NSS, just make sure borders are drawn together with the neighbours in good spirits.

Even with Nor Sor Sam Khor and Chanot border disputes exists, never a good thing when you just bought to have a conflict with the neighbours. form the start.

Sometimes landtitles are old and borders not clear, if the land is interesting don't nitpick about a little differece. Unless of course it is crucial. If it then escalates then better not buy.

Many thanks for your input. the land is interesting but thought i would do a bit of research first and possibly have a word with the closest neighbour.

It is possible your neighbour has a full chanot thought not likely (they often get done in batches but occasionally individually)

If he has you can check his "luk" for your border.

If I were you I'd try to find for myself if there is any uncertainty BEFORE consulting the neighbour. If there is you should try to clarify BEFORE speaking to them through checking yourself and if necessary with the seller/pooyay etc.

If you raise a problem that doesn't exist it may affect how they the of you in future.

It is possible your neighbour has a full chanot thought not likely (they often get done in batches but occasionally individually)

If he has you can check his "luk" for your border.

If I were you I'd try to find for myself if there is any uncertainty BEFORE consulting the neighbour. If there is you should try to clarify BEFORE speaking to them through checking yourself and if necessary with the seller/pooyay etc.

If you raise a problem that doesn't exist it may affect how they the of you in future.

Well noted, we are doing some digging now similar to what you have suggested, MIL works at local amphur so handy.

Thanks.

Those concrete markers get moved, so use it as an estimated border. What you do if the neighbor has a chanot is invite the landoffice to survey it again. They will then come and measure the distances between the concrete markers. A little money will speed things up, because then they can do it after work hours, or weekend. Consider it paid 'overtime'.

We had a few times that the markers were 'lost' and some were even moved. Good thing that on a chanot they are measured very carefully so they can be corrected.

Those concrete markers get moved, so use it as an estimated border. What you do if the neighbor has a chanot is invite the landoffice to survey it again. They will then come and measure the distances between the concrete markers. A little money will speed things up, because then they can do it after work hours, or weekend. Consider it paid 'overtime'.

We had a few times that the markers were 'lost' and some were even moved. Good thing that on a chanot they are measured very carefully so they can be corrected.

And if no chanote with nieghbours just go round and agree out of good will.

This is not in a tourist area by any means and i don't really think there would be any issue so long as everyone remains civil and common sense prevails.

Let's see.