Anyone Using An External?

Jockstar

• 3 weeks later...

the Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi external HD works well with iPad.

you load it up by connecting via usb3 to your mac/pc then can stream video and audio to iPad/tab/smartphone via WiFi. It has an app for the iPad or you can access it through a browser. some media apps also offer the option to access a remote drive - I thoroughly recommend Good Player for iPad and iPhone.

hypershop.com also manufacture an external HD for the iPad that plugs into the data/charging socket

Depending if you're travelling in areas with decent internet/wifi reception maybe an option is to download a few streaming apps and watch free movies on the move via stream to your iPad,, this has worked ok for me when travelling in west Africa,,,,

of course more options open up if you can access Cydia on your iPad to do this

='Jockstar'

Anyone using an external hard drive that i can use with an I pad? I'm off travelling in 3 months and need something that i can watch movies from, Advice and opinions needed. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

hypershop also do a thing called usb-WiFi or similar. I bought one when it was being sold as icloud - its a little box about the size of a cigarrete packet and you plug any use storage device (flash drive or even an external HD ) into it and it broadcasts it as a WiFi which you can password protect. works great for streaming to iPad or any smart phone or laptop.

this device has a battery that powers and drive plugged into it for approx 5 hours.

sent in good faith ....

Edited by GooEng