Food Hygiene Practices - Any Courses For Thais?

matt111

Always presumed the girlfriend took food hygiene fairly strongly for a Thai (usual insistence about Thai people very clean, and declining train and bus stop food, and certain market stalls that she found something not to satisifcation) until I start observing her own kitchen practices, some stuff that made me quite uncomfortable.

Most recently a cat had vommitted on the porch chair outside the house, she starts cleaning it with small scrubbing brush from the kitchen, I happened to see and told her to ensure that brush ends up in the bin (for 10b or whatever it costs is better than avoiding any future mix up of keeping for garden or future occurence). A day later I find it back in the kitchen, she claims she washed it, clarification was 'with soap', some profanities leapt from my mouth.

Now before few people jump at me Im not after 5star sterile clean food where we wear gloves 24/7 and wash hands every 22 seconds, I know there a limits to whats practical and that exposure to blah blah is not always a bad thing, kids should play in dirt blah blah, Im pretty reasonable in terms of just the basics. .

I think there some genuine fundamental misunderstandings/gaps-in-knowledge to do with basic food hygiene and contamination that she lacks, if I put it right with day/half-day course in BKK it would be money well spent, can anyone recommend anywhere? where do hotels send their staff? I couldnt find any books in local store but could be looking in strong place, and wouldnt count on self-education via youtube etc..

Edited by matt111