Renew Or Extend

Sorry to ask about this when I am sure there are topics on it, but where I live the internet is always down and I am just lucky enough to get online for this question. My permission to stay on my non-o retirement visa will expire on Dec.6. Do I have to apply for a new non-o or I just apply for an extension of stay? Can u get a 1 year extension? Do I need a doctor's certificate for the extension? Any quick information would be appreciated.

OK. You are on an annual extension. Yes, you can continue to apply for continuous annual extensions for the rest of your life. You do NOT need a new O visa. You can go in as early as 30 days before expiration of your current extension (and not lose any time on the new extension). You will need to financially qualify which I assume you know about. You will not need any medical form. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks Jingthing and Lite Beer. That helps alot. I did my 90 day report in SriRacha today as I am in Chonburi now. I tried to ask about it, but the place was a zoo and the guy did not understand all and rushed me. He gave me a sheet of requirements and it mentioned a doctors certificate. I did not have one when I got the visa last year. I might be moving back to BKK before Dec. so I can just do it there where I got it before. Thanks again.

Strange though. When i switched last year and got the initial 3 months, I did it in BKK in Sept. In Oct., just before the floods came, I moved to Chonburi city. I did the one year extension last Dec. in SriRacha and they did not request a medical certificate then. I won't mess with it there this time.

Strange though. When i switched last year and got the initial 3 months, I did it in BKK in Sept. In Oct., just before the floods came, I moved to Chonburi city. I did the one year extension last Dec. in SriRacha and they did not request a medical certificate then. I won't mess with it there this time.

You said they gave you a list that included it with their requirements. Things change. Again if you're doing your address reports there and you haven't actually moved to Bangkok by the time of your extension (where you normally need to provide proof of residence) then you will need to use the office where you do your address reports. If you do have to do it, what's the stress exactly? It's just some BS thing you need to pay a doc to sign and pay a few hundred baht for. They're not actually interested in your health. Edited by Jingthing

I know it is a BS thing and I don't like wasting my time with that. Wouldn't even know what doctor to go to for that. Just like the affidavit of income they want from your Embassy. I am from USA and they will not just accept that. Still want to see your financial statements. What use is the statement of income if it is not accepted?

If I show my financial statements without the letter from my Embassy, it is not enough and vice versa. Just extra steps for no reason and waste effort, money and time getting it. Like a catch 22. I know things change, especially with immigration. My first 2 reporting times at SriRacha were easy, especially the 2nd time. That was a piece of cake because of the way they had it set-up. In and out in 3 minutes. I was the only one there for that. This time it was changed to another way and man, it was a complete nightmare. That office is extremely small and the way they r doing it now was worse than any trip I made to BKK immigration. Took me 1:45 this time.

You must have Embassy letter of income and it is normally accepted at face value - you should have supporting documents with you if asked but normally it will not be. As this concerns more than one immigration office moving to proper section.

i have also one OA Multiple entry visa,obtained in my home country,expiration visa 15 december 2012,if i go out before this date and return in Thailand before the 15 december 2012,i will receive one year extension(visa),i think so,and it is not necessary that i ask a re entry permit,just good check when i receive the new stamp from the immigration officer,and then i think not yet necessary to prove 800000 bath income,of i make a mistake,please your advice,thank you

Any return prior to 15 Dec will get a new one year from date of entry stay. Any return after 15 Dec will require a re-entry permit to keep current permitted to stay alive (but you do not want a re-entry permit for any entry prior to 15 Dec). So you will not need to have 800k in bank account until late 2013 in this case. But remember that you must do 90 day address reports if you stay longer than 90 days without leaving.