What Do You Do When The Poo Hits The Fan?

thenervoussurgeon

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone else who needed to go back home was saying he couldn't due to not paying taxes while out the country, not entitled to housing. He didn't have money to prove he could support his wife and kid so they couldn't go either.

The child is entitled to housing, no matter what his parent has done or not done.

The parent will be housed with the child, as the easy option for social services.

Once one parent and the child have social housing, they can then apply for the mother as they already fulfill the housing requirement.

Friend of mine did this last year, Thai mum is leaving for a 6 month visit this week.

(The guy is still unemployed)

@F1

Dossers B&B is not considered suitable for parent and child but they may have to 'endure' it for a week or two.

Yep, single guy, dossers B&B indefinitely, that's why you make sure you take the kid with you.

There really aren't many council houses left anymore...

Someone else who needed to go back home was saying he couldn't due to not paying taxes while out the country, not entitled to housing. He didn't have money to prove he could support his wife and kid so they couldn't go either.

The child is entitled to housing, no matter what his parent has done or not done.

The parent will be housed with the child, as the easy option for social services.

Once one parent and the child have social housing, they can then apply for the mother as they already fulfill the housing requirement.

Friend of mine did this last year, Thai mum is leaving for a 6 month visit this week.

@F1

Dossers B&B is not considered suitable for parent and child but they may have to 'endure' it for a week or two.

Yep, single guy, dossers B&B indefinitely, that's why you make sure you take the kid with you.

Plenty around all over the country

They call them social (or community) housing projects now, same game but harder to use the 'right to buy' entitlement.

@F1

Plenty around all over the country

They call them social (or community) housing projects now, same game but harder to use the 'right to buy' entitlement.

But it still takes time for anyone to get a place in these projects.

You could be right, but I think it will take them a while for a place to become available. Meanwhile, they're stuck in a 'dossers' B&B.

"..............and then he would fully qualify as a total sponge bag,,,just what we need in the uk!!! As I see it the guy is a toss for becoming skint in a foreign country and not having any plan for the wife and kid ,,,,total ignorance is no excuse

I don't really understand this attitude, so he bumps a Somali refugee family a few places down the housing list. Hardly a big deal. At least him and his kid are British nationals.

Is the child a British national,as he was born here in Thailand? i suppose the guys other problem is if his child is ,then he has to get the fares home and just leave his wife with her familly ,or a better option ,go home himself and get work ,but from what i read that now you have to earn about 18k a year be able to bring your wife to the UK ,not a happy prospect any way.

I hope the God i am never in his shoes ,although our lad is nearly 19 and in uni in bkk

You could be right, but I think it will take them a while for a place to become available. Meanwhile, they're stuck in a 'dossers' B&B.

Took my pal 10 days to get from B&B to a 2 bed house, 11 days from landing in the UK, Brent council last year.

Crap can happen to anyone in life, and as many above have said we each of us need to deal with it - not run away from it.

However it remains that some people set themselves up for a crash - worse still some encourage others in recklessness, as if looking for comfort seeing other people make the same mistakes they themselves have already made.

We see this frequently here on TV, a new member asks about moving his life to Thailand, cutting out the inevitable abusive posts he will invariably be left with advice that can be categorised along the following lines:

People advising caution of varying degrees, often advising that the would be new arrival makes a financial plan, doesn't burn his bridges, sorts out health insurance, takes his time before getting into a relationship, doesn't invest more than he can afford to loose. The cautious, conservative advice, often based on hard earned experience.

Others will advise he sells up, cuts all ties with home, that he draws all his savings and pension and burns the lot in a two year shag-fest.

Newly arrived expats may not of course need any of this advice and choose to adopt one or both of the above strategies in varying degrees as is their nature or emotional state at the time of arrival.

Guess which advice leads to the most dire disasters?!

"..............and then he would fully qualify as a total sponge bag,,,just what we need in the uk!!! As I see it the guy is a toss for becoming skint in a foreign country and not having any plan for the wife and kid ,,,,total ignorance is no excuse

I don't really understand this attitude, so he bumps a Somali refugee family a few places down the housing list. Hardly a big deal. At least him and his kid are British nationals.

How was that expression again?

Something like:

Right or wrong, he is from my race?

You gave yourself away in those last 2 sentences mate.

• Like 1

Is the child a British national,as he was born here in Thailand? i suppose the guys other problem is if his child is ,then he has to get the fares home and just leave his wife with her familly ,or a better option ,go home himself and get work ,but from what i read that now you have to earn about 18k a year be able to bring your wife to the UK ,not a happy prospect any way.

I hope the God i am never in his shoes ,although our lad is nearly 19 and in uni in bkk

I think he automatically is.

I've seen Brits in the embassay asking for emergency funds to get home when doing the things needed for marriage and driving licence there. I think it's essentially a loan.

Your son chose Bangkok University in the end ?

?.....nah ,,it,s this way of thinking that has sunk the uk,,the place is full of dossers that do not know what a job is,,if i had my way he would be getting nothing but a polite <deleted> off!!!!!borrowing money from friends and I bet he doesn't,t pay that back and then waiting till he is totally skint before wondering what he is going to do about the wife and kid in my book make you a doosh bag,,,,as for the Somali bit they are dossers too but at least they are not British ,,,my attitude comes from me having to pay taxes for losers like him ,,I am not psychic but I bet you he has ripped off credit cards etc to fund his life here till now,,,,and the party has ended for him ,,,sad,,,,,,, nope!!!!!!!!

Took my pal 10 days to get from B&B to a 2 bed house, 11 days from landing in the UK, Brent council last year.

Bloody hell - I stand corrected.

That is disgusting.

I think he automatically is.

I've seen Brits in the embassay asking for emergency funds to get home when doing the things needed for marriage and driving licence there. I think it's essentially a loan.

Your son chose Bangkok University in the end ?

My son chose Bangkok university ,it was not my choice ,but many of his friends go there and also his cousin ,he seems to be doing ok (as far as you can in a Thai universityrolleyes.gif )

How was that expression again?

Something like:

Right or wrong, he is from my race?

You gave yourself away in those last 2 sentences mate.

UK citizens should be cared for by the UK before citizens of other countries.

Nothing to do with race. (feel free to replace Somali refugees with Polish farm workers if you prefer)

Ok - as you said, "hardly a big deal".

• Like 1

A reminder.

Income requirements to support a spouse/dependent's visa to the UK - dam_n shame if that regulation caught out anyone who cheered its introduction.

So what would happen to a pensioner who wanted to return with his wife ,he could never qualify could he?

If he doesn't have sufficient income, no he would not qualify.

His wife, his responsibility, not the State's.

A reminder.

Income requirements to support a spouse/dependent's visa to the UK - dam_n shame if that regulation caught out anyone who cheered its introduction.

So what would happen to a pensioner who wanted to return with his wife ,he could never qualify could he?

Doesnt seem to apply to the africans ,somalies and iranians ect who seem to live there in big houses with lots of benifitsermm.gif

• Like 1

A reminder.

He could go the income + savings route.

Or Mother visiting child (which I believe doesn't need the income)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

A reminder.

Hey man, what is wrong with you?

You live in a buddhist country, you know, non materialist, love one another, taking care of others, and all that stuff.

If you do not want to adopt to those ideas, why don't you go home?

I might be confusing 2 threads.

I might be confused by your posts.

And i don't find the sarcasm button.

Google "sarcasm" before you answer me?

[Doesnt seem to apply to the africans ,somalies and iranians ect who seem to live there in big houses with lots of benifitsermm.gif

It applies (will be applied once enacted) to all people wishing to bring a spouse/dependent into the UK.

[Doesnt seem to apply to the africans ,somalies and iranians ect who seem to live there in big houses with lots of benifitsermm.gif

It applies (will be applied once enacted) to all people wishing to bring a spouse/dependent into the UK.

I can certainly see it happening for Brits who want to marry a Thai ect ,but to be honest the PC brigade will not allow it to stop immegrants from other countrys ,they will just jump off the back of a lorry in Dover and claim political asylum

• Like 2

Why is the best solution to go home and stop life by becoming a sole parent. Leave the wife and kid in Thailand, get back to where he can earn some money, rebuild and go back to LOS.

Just because his business went bust doesn't mean his life has to as well. Fighting on will only make him stronger and next time round he might do better.

OP lacks a bit of info, how old is the poor bugger? what are his skills?

Waste of a life to cling onto a fortnightly payment and a government house.

• Like 1