Advice

cdmtdm

I am heading to BKK this week and want to upgrade my road bike , i am not familiar with any other shops than ProBike ... can you point me in the direction of some more shopping options , i want a Carbon Fibre frame and willing to spend around 100k ,,,

Cheers

You could head to the "Green Tower" Building on Rama IV Road between the Khlong Toey junction and KLuai Nam Thai. It's about 250 M past Carrefour on the right hand side. They have good Bianchi frames in there. From memory the shop (as straneg as it may seem) is on the 12th floor.

Alternatively try "Bike Station". It's out on Pattanakarn Road about 1Km past the Srinakarin Road junction. on the right hand side. Khun Pisanu has various good quality carbon frame sets from Pinnarello to Cervelo etc. A bit on the pricey side maybe.

Good luck, let everyone know your results or thoughts too please.

Cheers

AjarnP

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys , ok thanks to a TV member kindly putting me in touch with K Ease at Sporttech Chatchawan ... i have not recieved the kind of service this guy delivered for a very long time ... i can only urge you to contact him if your in the market for an new bike or correct fitting of your existing bike , you will not regret it ... basically he picked me up from the train station and after a brief discussion about my budget he gave me multiple options ...he measured me for correct sizing and i left an hour and a half later with a good feeling ... over the next few days i fired him questions about various setups and options , he priced them all and finally i decided on this 54cm BMC Carbon frame , Ultegra group set and detec 38 carbon rims....3 days later the bike is complete and he will courier to me in Phuket after my final fitting on Friday ...here is a pic of the bike ... u can contact him best thru FB on the above name ...happy man !! Thanks Ease

post-90261-0-25608100-1348059374_thumb.j

Edited by cdmtdm

Hey Guys , ok thanks to a TV member kindly putting me in touch with K Ease at Sporttech Chatchawan ... i have not recieved the kind of service this guy delivered for a very long time ... i can only urge you to contact him if your in the market for an new bike or correct fitting of your existing bike , you will not regret it ... basically he picked me up from the train station and after a brief discussion about my budget he gave me multiple options ...he measured me for correct sizing and i left an hour and a half later with a good feeling ... over the next few days i fired him questions about various setups and options , he priced them all and finally i decided on this 54cm BMC Carbon frame , Ultegra group set and detec 38 carbon rims....3 days later the bike is complete and he will courier to me in Phuket after my final fitting on Friday ...here is a pic of the bike ... u can contact him best thru FB on the above name ...happy man !! Thanks Ease

Love the BMC frame - they ride so well, I'm told. But Ultrega? Would look so much better with SRAM or Campag in my humble opinion! Hope you head up to Chiang Mai and come on our great rides here.

• Like 1

Love the BMC frame - they ride so well, I'm told. But Ultrega? Would look so much better with SRAM or Campag in my humble opinion! Hope you head up to Chiang Mai and come on our great rides here.

thanks Ian , well you must evaluate what you want the bike for looking or riding , for me its riding and riding a lot , so then it gets down to reliability / cost/spare parts and performance ...and for me at my level Ultegra performance will do fine , parts are available everywhere here so is service and the cost i think is hard to beat ... same with Shimano Di who is going to fix it when it breaks down ? for sure would love to head up your way , have been through on my Harley loved it ...cheers

thanks Ian , well you must evaluate what you want the bike for looking or riding , for me its riding and riding a lot , so then it gets down to reliability / cost/spare parts and performance ...and for me at my level Ultegra performance will do fine , parts are available everywhere here so is service and the cost i think is hard to beat ... same with Shimano Di who is going to fix it when it breaks down ? for sure would love to head up your way , have been through on my Harley loved it ...cheers

I ride 450km a week - all on Campag and it rides perfectly. No problems with spare parts as Campag is imported into Thailand and Campag is built so that spares can be fitted if needed.

Edited by ianf

post-90261-0-40786700-1348526242_thumb.jpost-90261-0-20872100-1348526263_thumb.jpost-90261-0-52594000-1348526283_thumb.jpost-90261-0-93884500-1348526298_thumb.jpost-90261-0-25561700-1348526316_thumb.jpost-90261-0-92418400-1348526334_thumb.jok ,,,,,so went for a final fitting and adjustment on the bike and again Ease was fastidious with his measurements and tweaking .... his workshop is more like a surgery , clean . acond and organised , a surgeon friend of mine who is not a cyclist but got to see my pics of his workshop said .." this guy is precise" how true .... once finished Ease dismantled my bike , boxed it up in two cartons and organised the best freight to Phuket ..arrived two days later and now safe at my house ..just a great experience from beginning to end with this man ...highly recommend ...
  • Like 1

I ride 450km a week - all on Campag and it rides perfectly. No problems with spare parts as Campag is imported into Thailand and Campag is built so that spares can be fitted if needed.

happy for you mate keep enjoying the riding , post some pics of your bike if u dont mind ...and other riders please ..

Cheers