Chiangmai-Opoly

naboo

Website

ChiangMai-Opoly, a board game with a sense of humor...

Become a Chiang Mai bar tycoon - taking out leases on bars, taking your chances with the Up To You cards, and having a laugh with the TIT (This Is Thailand) cards: get caught up with a surprise Katoey, have the family Buffalo die, get forced to head off on time-wasting visa runs, buy gold for your loved one, cash in your life insurance, have a special massage... all the old cliches are here! Enjoy...

This quality board game comes in a handcrafted wooden box, made here in Chiang Mai from Lam Yai wood - a truly renewable source of hardwood that comes from fruiting trees once they have finished their useful fruiting lives. The game is designed to be practical for people on the move - it comes in a strong wooden box, features a hand assembled four fold board (designed to keep the game compact), and all cards printed on water (beer) resistant card. Get yours now!

Well, you can't get it quite now, the Facebook page says available middle of the month. And not sure of the patency laws with the similar sounding Waddington's game. Also, please note, I have absolutely no idea who the makers of this game are, so claim no commercial interest in the product.

Liking the idea of the 'TIT' and 'Up to You' cards. Maybe we can give them some ideas.

A few to start:

"Your girlfriend leaves you. Lose all your houses."

"Ghosts of the dead are rumoured to inhabit your most valuable hotel. It must be demolished."

"You finally jump into bed with your new girlfriend. It becomes apparent she's actually your new boyfriend. Lose 10,000B drowning your sorrows."

"You get angry with the woman at immigration. Pay 10,000B and miss 3 turns as you head off to Laos for a new visa."

"You were so drunk you ended up in Spicy last night. Hangover. Miss a go."

"You wake up, there's a strange girl next to you. Give her 1500B or 'Up to You'"

"A policeman waves you over. Fine 400B"

"A trusted customer leaves town. Lose 4000B from the unpaid tab he left behind."

"Its September. Takings are down. Receive no income at your bars for the next 4 roles of the dice."

"New police boss in town. Pay police 1000B to continue staying open past midnight or lose 50% takings until you pass go."

Should be a good game, IMHO of course!

• Like 2

Apparently the games will be 600B each. No idea that the business was for sale. Before they've sold a product? Surely they can't have the copyright on the game, given that it would appear to be a rip off of Monopoly. Easy to copy, why would you buy the business?

Apparently the games will be 600B each. No idea that the business was for sale. Before they've sold a product? Surely they can't have the copyright on the game, given that it would appear to be a rip off of Monopoly. Easy to copy, why would you buy the business?

It was sold as a concept with all the materials needed to make X number of game boards up, and the original files to have more printed.

This was all through a facebook group that is used for trading second hand goods in Chiang Mai.

I am not the seller, but did watch the sale with interest. It is claimed that a lot of effort has gone into ensuring that this game does not infringe any of Hasbros copyrights- I am no expert on this though

Just went back and copied this from the original advert for the sale of the game. No one can say for sure that a deal wasnt struck off line, but it is definitely not advertised for a 'lot of money' as claimed above!

Chiang Mai bars based Monopoly clone, that does not infringe copyright - lots of tricks used to avoid this. Selling all printing (ready to make about 150 more games), about 30 boxes and sets of playing pieces, marketing materials, Photoshop files, and all rights to the game. I made this game a couple of years ago and sold about 70 copies, at an average of 700 Baht each, with little effort - but si

nce then have done nothing... I enjoyed making it, but am no salesman and am too busy to really do it justice. Sell EVERYTHING for 7,000 Baht (sell 10 and you have your money back already). I have lots of ideas on sales, etc. and would be happy to discuss stuff - I'm just not doing it myself; suit someone with time on hands and a desire to earn some regular beer money!

Edited by DaBloodyMess

It was sold as a concept with all the materials needed to make X number of game boards up, and the original files to have more printed.

This was all through a facebook group that is used for trading second hand goods in Chiang Mai.

I am not the seller, but did watch the sale with interest. It is claimed that a lot of effort has gone into ensuring that this game does not infringe any of Hasbros copyrights- I am no expert on this though

Just went back and copied this from the original advert for the sale of the game. No one can say for sure that a deal wasnt struck off line, but it is definitely not advertised for a 'lot of money' as claimed above!

Chiang Mai bars based Monopoly clone, that does not infringe copyright - lots of tricks used to avoid this. Selling all printing (ready to make about 150 more games), about 30 boxes and sets of playing pieces, marketing materials, Photoshop files, and all rights to the game. I made this game a couple of years ago and sold about 70 copies, at an average of 700 Baht each, with little effort - but si

nce then have done nothing... I enjoyed making it, but am no salesman and am too busy to really do it justice. Sell EVERYTHING for 7,000 Baht (sell 10 and you have your money back already). I have lots of ideas on sales, etc. and would be happy to discuss stuff - I'm just not doing it myself; suit someone with time on hands and a desire to earn some regular beer money!

That wasn't the ad I saw. Maybe someone was trying to make a profit on the sale and had another ad? The asking price on the ad I saw was a lot more than 7K THB.

That wasn't the ad I saw. Maybe someone was trying to make a profit on the sale and had another ad? The asking price on the ad I saw was a lot more than 7K THB.

Well as far as I know thats the original ad, so I guess you may be right. Whoever has the rights to the game now may have paid quite a bit more than what it was originally sold for (this ad was just a few days ago mind you, they must have flipped it quick).

I just bought a real monopoly a couple of weeks ago, wish I'd waited.

But Im guessing that its just not going to happen, unfortunatly.

I cannot believe anyone would buy a board game these days unless its powered by android.

I assume the game is presented in English, so thats narrowed the target down to farangs only. Well thats great seeing as most of us have Thai g/for wife........some use that is then (as they would be offended by the cynical TIT cards)

Most stupid idea i have heard for a business venture ...........hope no one is so gullible to buy the business

I just bought a real monopoly a couple of weeks ago, wish I'd waited.

But Im guessing that its just not going to happen, unfortunatly.

I cannot believe anyone would buy a board game these days unless its powered by android.

I assume the game is presented in English, so thats narrowed the target down to farangs only. Well thats great seeing as most of us have Thai g/for wife........some use that is then (as they would be offended by the cynical TIT cards)

Most stupid idea i have heard for a business venture ...........hope no one is so gullible to buy the business

Appears to have already been sold for a sum somewhere between 7K THB and who knows what... Either someone saw the original ad and bought it, or someone saw the ad with the mark up and bought it there. If they paid the marked up price and they read TV and see that the original price before mark up was so much less, they will surely be disappointed!

here is a another one!

you've come first place in the 'longest staying expat' competition, collect 500baht from each player.

We all know who would win that one if it was real! I'd be bloody rich mak mak! 5555555! wai.gif

so you are the oldest swinger in town....I think I have seen you?

post-150623-0-98673900-1346913086_thumb.

• Like 1