Ferrari That Killed Bangkok Cop Was Doing 200Kph; Red Bull Heir

webfact

I've seen the photos of the car and the motorcycle, and seriously doubt that the car was doing 200kph. The motorcycle looks in fairly decent condition and would have been completely destroyed if the car had really been doing that speed. I'm not defending the idiot car driver, but I can't believe you can drive that fast on Sukumvit no matter the hour. And I suspect he was fairly drunk. The international press coverage of this tragic event will hopefully bring some much needed reforms to law enforcement in Thailand. Yes, I'm a dreamer...

IMHO and from first hand experience, it is practically impossible to drive at 200km/h along that particular stretch of Sukhumvit Road (on both sides around Soi 49). I regularly drive past that area around 5:30am and there are just too many cars, buses and motorcycles to allow any acceleration to 200km/h. I agree that the damage to the motorcycle and car would have to be much more than what is shown in the photos. Again, I'm not defending the guy, I'm just stating my opinion.

I agree with Friskodude and polapati. At 124 mph, there would be alot more damage than the pictures I've seen. That motorcycle would have been disintigrated.

You need to take into account the speed the MC was travelling at to know the true impact speed. The car didn't hit a stationary object it hit a rolling one which means damage is likely to be less. I've seen low speed MC accidents where the bike has been destroyed, and high speed impacts where the bike has stayed in one piece including a high speed rear end shunt at traffic lights resulting in the rider's death.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200KMH? No. Way.

If he would have been going 200, the whole front would have been smashed in much more and the policeman would have gone through the windshield. The motorcycle would have been mangled to bits and IMPLANTED into the Ferrari.

Remember the Porsche incident with the girl? He was going MUCH faster.

That Ferrari was going 70. Tops.

• Like 1

200KMH? No. Way.

If he would have been going 200, the whole front would have been smashed in much more and the policeman would have gone through the windshield. The motorcycle would have been mangled to bits and IMPLANTED into the Ferrari.

All of a sudden Thaivisa members are roadcrash experts.

If you know anything about cars or have ever been in an accident, you know this is total BS.

Use some common sense.

Have you ever seen what happens when things go wrong at that speed? Even if the motorcycle would have been traveling 80, the damage would be been much more severe.

They should check the car's ECU. It will show the speed at time of impact.

200KMH? No. Way.

Of course....along with being toxicologists, legal experts, coroners, medical examiners, military experts, commissioned officers and Ex-special forces ....Sherlock Holmes has nothing on TV's finest professionals...

You forgot gigolos to hi-so Chinese. :(

• Like 2

200kmh =124 mph Unreal !! The guy wants banging up throwing away the keys .

The thought of doing that speed in a built up area is mind boggling !!

Sorry i didn't flee the scene, just went to consult my father .....What ?

Exactly f%#%^ idiot....

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

200KMH? No. Way.

If you know anything about cars or have ever been in an accident, you know this is total BS.

Use some common sense.

Have you ever seen what happens when things go wrong at that speed? Even if the motorcycle would have been traveling 80, the damage would be been much more severe.

No doubt you're right - I believe you should offer your obvious technical expertise to Kamronwit / Comronwit such that his evidence against Worrayuth will be indisputable.

200KMH? No. Way.

Use some common sense.

Absolutely 100% correct. A whole lot more information is available as well.

200KMH? No. Way.

Use some common sense.

No doubt you're right - I believe you should offer your obvious technical expertise to Kamronwit / Comronwit such that his evidence against Worrayuth will be indisputable.

So, just because some "expert" says he was going 200, you believe it?

Google images crash at 200kmh and see what you come up with.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

So, just because some "expert" says he was going 200, you believe it?

Google images crash at 200kmh and see what you come up with.

I did not say I believe it, I just tend to doubt the opinions being expressed on here as being "expert" or from those qualified to give such.

The bottom line is that, sadly, someone was killed, and for once the police seem to be intent on actually doing something about it. Let's hope that they do, and that the media stay on top of this and not allow it to just fade away as seems to always happen.

It doesn't matter how fast he was going, he killed someone, he ran after the accident (typical Thai) and now the spin from the lawyer (white lies)

Provided these reports bear some resemblence to reality, your point is spot on. However privileged this to$$a is, for the sake of the reputation of Thailand and any decency there is there, he MUST spend some time in jail (however short). If he doesn't, I, for one, will never holiday in Thailand again - it simply won't be "decent" enough for me.

p.s. Based on the above, I never expect to holiday in Thailand again. :-(

What is the official limit down Sukhumvit? 40? 60? Even if he was doing 120, this would warrant a custodial sentence in many parts of the world. If he was doing anything 100+ he is an absolute idiot. Sukhumvit is about the busiest road in the country, and is never ever empty enough to permit doing 100+, to do 60+ I would say would be extremely risky considering the amount of people around at any time of day or night.

Anyway, speed is DEFINITELY not relevant in the responsibility. The fact is that an accident occurred, in which a man has been hit from behind while riding his motorcycle, then dragged on a distance of approx. 60 m, and as a result of this, he was killed. The car driver did not bother to stop for any reason he might come up with, so he actually FLED the scene, no matter how we put it.

Speed is an aggravating factor, but the most important fact is Hit and Run after a car vs motorcycle crash, which turn out to have been deadly at the end,

• Like 1

The Daily News, and a couple other sources, are reporting a "64 mg percent" blood alcohol. In the States, a .08 BAC will constitute "drunk driving". Not sure if the Thai standard equates to .064 BAC, or when they finally got around to administering the test. But, it definitely flies in the face of "My client wasn't drinking"!

Edited by Curt1591

If that excuse for a man had come to my father/brother/sons funeral ,I would not be able to refrain myself from ripping his head off!

Quite true that would be like a slap in the face and a kick in the genitals to me. Like ha ha look at me I am so compasionate and you must forgive and respect me. The media entourage following him like some celebrity and depicting him as a remorseful little angel, talk about adding insult to injury.

Then the stupid comment of He did not flee the scene but simply went home to consult his father (Hey dad how can we cover this up). If he didn't remain then it is plain and simple HE LEFT the scene. Does he lawyer really think the population is that bloody stupid and will suck this up and simply say oh that is ok then. Are the judges that stupid and believe a 27 yr old grown man had to go home and consult with Daddy?

Edited by softgeorge
  • Like 2