50 Day Stay In Thailand

I am a 32 year old US passport holder. I will be flying into Bangkok on a one-way ticket, as I fly for a courier company (this is never a problem ). My return date (50 days later) is confirmed, but has not been ticketed ( this precludes me from applying for a 60 day visa in the states since I don't actually have proof of a return flight back to the US. I have flown between the States and Thailand 4 times last year, but each trip never lasted more than 30 days- this is actually not the issue....

Upon arrival I receive a stamp in my passport for a 30 day visit. To avoid being charged an overstay fee, what are my options?

Can I simply fly to KL and return the same day to BKK and have immigration at Don Muang put another stamp in my passport for 30 days or must I visit a Thai Embassy outside Thailand and apply for a visa i.e. visa run. Is there a minumum amount of days I must be out of the country before I return?

Thanks for your help.

Air Asia currently has an offer of 399 Baht plus taxes for Bangkok to Phnom Penh one-way.

If you need a ticket out of Thailand to get a tourist visa, then why not make a booking. You do not have to use the ticket. It seems a small price to pay the aviod the hassel of having to leave Thailand

Are you sure you need to show a ticket for a 60 day Tourist Visa?

I never have in the UK and one of the reasons for getting a 60 day Tourist Visa is because strictly speaking this is the min type of Visa required for an overland exit although this is rarely enforced.

I would double check with the Thai Embassy or Consulate as I am pretty certain you do not need to show a ticket to get the 60 day Tourist visa unless Thailand has made the USA a special case which I doubt

What's funny is that when checking out the fare on Air Asia's website, the surcharges are more than the cost of B399 quoted -the one way ticket turns out to be more than B1000...still nothing to sneeze at for that price.

A return ticket to the states will not be issued to me until 3 days prior to my departure for the states, so I will have been in Thailand for 47 days.

J

Apply for a tourist visa by mail at the Thai Consulate at Denver. Easy peasy. No return ticket needed and your problems are solved.

A return ticket to the states will not be issued to me until 3 days prior to my departure for the states, so I will have been in Thailand for 47 days.

J

Apply for a tourist visa by mail at the Thai Consulate at Denver. Easy peasy. No return ticket needed and your problems are solved.

Indeed just get your visa in your passport before you come to Thailand.

In the U.K i send my passport off to cardiff Thai consulate, and it costs me something like 1500 baht. Problem solved no need for trips to other countries, chill back and relax with nothing to worry about :o

On the Thai embassy's website, in Washington DC, it states that one must provide an itinerary with the application for a 60day visa. If such an itinerary existed, I would certainly send my passport in to the consulate for a visa prior to my outbound flight for Thailand. So this is not really an option in my case.

What exactly does a border run entail. Do I fly domestically to say, Hat Yai then take a taxi to the border ( where they issue a stamp on the spot?). Or do I just fly to a city in a neighboring country, remain in the airport for a few hours, waiting for my same day flight back to Bangkok or do I fly to a city with a Thai consulate in a neighboring county to receive a stamp, stay for a day or two, then fly back to Thailand.

J

Visa Run's are common from BKK or Pattaya to the Cambo Border . Ad's are in BKK Post n cost 1,800 -2200.- per day all incl.

You leave early morning n be back late afternoon. Transport is by Coach or VIP MiniVan. At the border it takes , if you go to Ban Laem , about 30-45min only .You can PM me for more details

J

They will NOT ask for an outbound ticket at Denver.

If you do not deal with the Consulate in Washington you do not have to do what they say. Each Consulate has there own criteria (similar but not the same) so you use one that fits your needs.

If you come without the tourist visa you will have to make a border run and there are organized trips every day from Bangkok to the Cambodia border for this. Will take all day and cost about 2,000 baht total. They advertise in the Bangkok Post newspaper classified section.

Yes you can fly, enter another country, and return if that fits your mood.