Drunk Russian In Coma After Leap From Level 3 At Suvarnabhumi Airport

george

A drunk Russian? Where do they get this nonsense? whistling.gif

Many Russians are deemed to be drunk just by smiling and being polite, unfortunately-they are a very misunderstood race tongue.png

The Russians, I saw, looked at and met in Phuket, more and more each year, are nearly never smiling to others and are not polite as far as I had encounters. I felt them mostly rude. whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that a possible story that fits the Facts(?) is that he arrived on the 4th. Didn’t find the girl he was expecting. Had no money. Waited and thought he could not survive without her.

Well it’s as likely as some other crazy suggestions.

Maybe he was so green that he didn’t realise that with no money, he wouldn’t survive with her!!!

months ago, I blacked out while riding a motorbike. Was going v. slow because I felt it coming on (trying to get to a safe place), I wound up on a grassy slope. Looked up, saw six hill tribe kids looking down at me, all saying 'farang mao' (drunk farang). I haven't drunk fermented sugar drinks for decades. Anyhow, a story to show how quickly Thais conclude a farang is drunk.

I've also had it happen when I go in to a shop, and when I don't speak all agitated, loud and speedily like the average Thai person speaks. Again, sometimes I hear the words 'kee mao' because Thais expect middle aged farang to be drunk at all hours.

Sorry about the Russian. Some of my best helpers up here in northern Thailand are young Russians who come, stay for a few weeks, and then leave for other parts. They're all fine folks. Not a drunkard among the ones I've met.

Thai children are actually taught in school that farang who come to Thailand, and especially those living in Pattaya, are the worst of the worst, and that they are usually drunk. Thai schools work very hard to indoctrinate children to believe that they are superior to all other nationalities. That's a good part of the reason Thais are so xenophobic.

It most be a very uphill task then explaining that all the technology that Thailand enjoys was invented , built, modified and perfected by a shower of drunks. It follows then that what passes for a Government would do well to canvas the opinion of Soi Cowboy habituees on how to solve their flooding problems. laugh.png

months ago, I blacked out while riding a motorbike. Was going v. slow because I felt it coming on (trying to get to a safe place), I wound up on a grassy slope. Looked up, saw six hill tribe kids looking down at me, all saying 'farang mao' (drunk farang). I haven't drunk fermented sugar drinks for decades. Anyhow, a story to show how quickly Thais conclude a farang is drunk.

I've also had it happen when I go in to a shop, and when I don't speak all agitated, loud and speedily like the average Thai person speaks. Again, sometimes I hear the words 'kee mao' because Thais expect middle aged farang to be drunk at all hours.

Sorry about the Russian. Some of my best helpers up here in northern Thailand are young Russians who come, stay for a few weeks, and then leave for other parts. They're all fine folks. Not a drunkard among the ones I've met.

I follow you very well on the other hand sometime I am so sorry to see after a certain hour so many farangs completely inebriate, literally staggering in the streets without the slightest dignity , since in tourist areas many/most of the people late at night are farangs...I understand the image many locals may have of what they believe to be an average farang, I'm afraid as a Thai I would have more or less the same opinion!

• Like 1

A drunk Russian? Where do they get this nonsense? whistling.gif

Many Russians are deemed to be drunk just by smiling and being polite, unfortunately-they are a very misunderstood race tongue.png

The Russians, I saw, looked at and met in Phuket, more and more each year, are nearly never smiling to others and are not polite as far as I had encounters. I felt them mostly rude. whistling.gif

Why in Pukhet? Everywhere cheesy.gif

...especially those living in Pattaya, are the worst of the worst, and that they are usually drunk.

Seems reasonable. That's pretty much what I tell foreigners planning a trip.

As for the poor soul who fell, since we're speculating on what happened, based on my extensive experience dealing with Russians at Suvarnabhumi, I'd guess that he tripped while trying to cut in a line somewhere.

Edited by emilyb
  • Like 1

I follow you very well on the other hand sometime I am so sorry to see after a certain hour so many farangs completely inebriate, literally staggering in the streets without the slightest dignity , since in tourist areas many/most of the people late at night are farangs...I understand the image many locals may have of what they believe to be an average farang, I'm afraid as a Thai I would have more or less the same opinion!

OTOH Thais are very dignified drunks, following the example set by DPM Chalerm's parliamentary appearance with a skinful of ear medicine.

Young Mr Red Bull in his Ferrari also sets a great precedent, though the many drunkenThais that make this a dangerous place to drive didn't need one.

Actually, jumping is about the only way to get from the departure area to the first floor arrivals hall. I had to sneak past 'security' the last time I was there, as I had to stop by the DTAC booth before my flight. The elevator does not stop at that level and all the escalators go away from that floor. Sounds like this guy found a much more direct route.

• Like 2

Why in Pukhet? Everywhere cheesy.gif

Really? I did not think it is so bad!blink.png

emilyb

wrote

"based on my extensive experience dealing with Russians at Suvarnabhumi, I'd guess that he tripped while trying to cut in a line somewhere". thumbsup.gif

My experiences, -At the cash register of Shopping Centers- (in Phuket) are the samewink.png , good that there are normally, no stairs nearby.tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

awaiting those that claim this never happens is Western countries... so his girlfriend must have done it!

A silly post really. The posts that I have read where people speculate that this is a possibility have had valid reasons for making that speculation. Of course next you'll be claiming that foreigners being offed in Thailand for their money or for other reasons never happens, it only happens in the west.

No not silly. It seems to me that on TV every man who reportedly falls, jumps, or otherwise dies of suspicious circumstances is assumed to be offed by his Thai GF for his money. I have seen posts where it is suggested that people rarely jump to their death in Western countries. This is not true. I lived near the George Washington Bridge in NYC and I can tell you people offing themselves from that bridge was almost daily. Frequent suicide in Thailand, makes even more sense considering the number of down on their luck, emotionally distraught,end of their rope, older gentlemen who come here.

I am not trying to make light of this poor fellows situation. But more poking fun at the TV posters who immediately jump to the conclusion that anything nefarious that happens in Thailand must be the work of a greedy bar girl.

• Like 1

awaiting those that claim this never happens is Western countries... so his girlfriend must have done it!

A silly post really. The posts that I have read where people speculate that this is a possibility have had valid reasons for making that speculation. Of course next you'll be claiming that foreigners being offed in Thailand for their money or for other reasons never happens, it only happens in the west.

No not silly. It seems to me that on TV every man who reportedly falls, jumps, or otherwise dies of suspicious circumstances is assumed to be offed by his Thai GF for his money. I have seen posts where it is suggested that people rarely jump to their death in Western countries. This is not true. I lived near the George Washington Bridge in NYC and I can tell you people offing themselves from that bridge was almost daily. Frequent suicide in Thailand, makes even more sense considering the number of down on their luck, emotionally distraught,end of their rope, older gentlemen who come here.

I am not trying to make light of this poor fellows situation. But more poking fun at the TV posters who immediately jump to the conclusion that anything nefarious that happens in Thailand must be the work of a greedy bar girl.

hmmmmm .... I'm not sure ... there are quit a few Thai girls in NYC too.

;)

Initial police investigation said that the man had taken shelter in the terminal for unknown reasons for a couple of days.

i was there half of a day and ending up with the thorough search in my lugguage from the airport staff plus many questions for my journey. before leaving , one guy abused me with his words. I felt really ashamed with the people around me looked me like i'm a jerk.

is this what we call " double standard"? They didn't interrogate him anything for being there 2 days.

Edited by dunkin2012

That's crazy offing ya self in front of children. Gone for a family vacation and your kids have to witness that.

How selfish can ya get?

I think you will find that people who are in such a desperate state do not think logically. Nothing to do with being selfish.

A friend of mine was so desperate to be shut of a bullying boss, he succeeded in hanging himself from the bedroom door.knob

They didn't interrogate him anything for being there 2 days.

What news report was this written?

if he had one, he wouldn't be there until the 2nd day. please notice that i was questioning seriously about destination and the flight schedule. then, the airport staff would save him from that suicide. Perhaps,he had the language barrier , the money problem or else. there is no information from other media. it's my assumption.