Dreams

cooked

I am not a weirdo and feel fairly normal most of the time. I don't take drugs (well, beer...).

Since coming to Thailand I have begun to have not unpleasant dreams- the usual back at school, desk changing into a pussy cat which then takes me to my old parking space at work...

I haven't had any dreams that I can remember for 20 years or more, now I get this most nights. Anybody else experiencing this?

We all have many dreams every night but only remember one or two (or maybe zero). When I was working I never remembered my dreams because I was always in a rush to get to work after my alarm woke me. Since I quit work I remember much more of my dreams as I have time to ponder when I wake up.

Did your move to Thailand coincide with a less hectic morning schedule? If so, maybe you just have more time to remember your dreams than before.

PS: I dream mostly about cricket

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

We all have many dreams every night but only remember one or two (or maybe zero). When I was working I never remembered my dreams because I was always in a rush to get to work after my alarm woke me. Since I quit work I remember much more of my dreams as I have time to ponder when I wake up.

Did your move to Thailand coincide with a less hectic morning schedule? If so, maybe you just have more time to remember your dreams than before.

Actually i remember more of my dreams when i wake up abruptly then slow.

I had strange dreams after taking melatonin tablets.Those were real disturbing and vivid.

I dream about Garden Knomes getting on the old routmaster buses we used to have in the UK.

Never dreaed about them back home..

I have no idea why my dormant mind has a fixation on such things but it's rarther concerningblink.png

you obviously had your first amatory experiences with a garden gnome.

Let me just say that I am not trolling, I am sensitive to weather changes (I beat TV weather forecasts generally) and was wondering if anyone else experienced this

I had strange dreams after taking melatonin tablets.Those were real disturbing and vivid.

Same for me (and everyone) about waking abruptly versus waking up naturally (because if you wake abruptly there is a chance to interrupt a dreaming session where as if you wake up naturally this will not happen, therefore more chance to remember the dream if you wake abruptly).

My point was about what you do in the 30 minutes AFTER waking. When I was working I used to wake up, check my Blackberry, eat breakfast, shower, shave, brush my teeth, kiss my wife and jump in a taxi to work. In that same 30 minutes now I just lie in bed (or sit with one of my kids feeding them a milk bottle.

What do you do in the 30 minutes after you wake and has this changed since you moved to Thailand? (no need to be too graphic if it includes any romantic activities)

Same for me (and everyone) about waking abruptly versus waking up naturally (because if you wake abruptly there is a chance to interrupt a dreaming session where as if you wake up naturally this will not happen, therefore more chance to remember the dream if you wake abruptly).

My point was about what you do in the 30 minutes AFTER waking. When I was working I used to wake up, check my Blackberry, eat breakfast, shower, shave, brush my teeth, kiss my wife and jump in a taxi to work. In that same 30 minutes now I just lie in bed (or sit with one of my kids feeding them a milk bottle.

What do you do in the 30 minutes after you wake and has this changed since you moved to Thailand? (no need to be too graphic if it includes any romantic activities)

In the Netherlands i used to rush to the shower got dressed and eat something then go to work.

Here i can either lie in bed a bit longer (no travel to work) or go on my rowing machine to start the day off good. Unfortunately the latter is becoming a bit more rare. But ill get back to that again. But either way i normally don't remember my dreams.

We're not quite on the right track, the memorable dreams occur on nights where I wake up around three o'clock, go read for 30 minutes and then go to sleep again. I have started on a new medicine, Qvar, which causes hallucinations and vivid dreams:

"have taken it for 2 nights...such vivid dream that i woke up crying after only 3 hrs and had to get up & go through apartment to make sure it wasn't real on first night, very severe headache & anger".. and:

"I have been taking it for a little over a month now, just 15mg, and it does seem to work. I still have a little trouble falling asleep and sometimes have very vivid dreams, but nothing really...

sorry about that, I hadn't thought that changing my asthma medication was going to have that effect, thought it was about the heat / weather. I got headaches also which I had put down to Chang beer.

Edited by cooked

That sounds scary. I am no medical expert but I would have thought if you are on medication with those kind of side effects, drinking alcohol is not advisable. It sounds like you are having nightmares rather than just dreams which could suggest some other issues (again I am no medical expert so I could be wrong but I only get nightmares when I am particularly stressed about something in real life).

I wanted to write a funny analysis of your dream, but after reading your last post, all I can say: speak to your doctor and have your medication reviewed.

Please write it anyway. In answer to another poster, these are not nightmares, just vivid, memorable, incredibly stupid dreams. I will persevere for a bit and maybe go back to my original education.

• 8 months later...

Hi guys I am dreaming about things that happened a long time ago, like
20 years ago, 25 years ago, random things. I would woke up and be like
why did I dream about that? I don't even remember it. It's very weird
and I am feeling scared, maybe something big is going to happen.

Major
things that's happening in my life is I am selling my family house and
moving to another country (where I have lived in for awhile) It's a
family house left by my granny, I was very close to my granny and she
left me a lot of things, whilst other family members didn't get much. So
due to that reason and few other reasons they don't talk to me, I am
totally alone. And now I am selling the last thing that I have left from
her I feel weird, maybe losing and selling something the last family
members that once loved me? but before when I wanted to sell the house I struggled,
eventually I decided to sell it, buyer put a deposit a long time ago and
1 month before the contract date I start to have a lot of dreams from a
long time ago, my daily activity I don't think they have any
association with those dreams. I think my brain is accessing those
dreams by itself out of nowhere? those are some weird dreams. I am thinking maybe I am
selling the house so it's the end of something, like I am done with this
country and will move to another country or something more.

so
what do you guys
think about these dreams? I am thinking maybe it's something serious and
maybe I should talk to someone professional, like a psychologist. It
was stressful to sell the house, due to the reasons I just mentioned and
sometimes I don't sleep well, once for two weeks I didn't sleep well.
what
do you guys think? thanks

The dreams per se are totally normal, naturally as you sell a long-time family home and prepare to move out of the country lots of old memories surface. Although you don't consciously remember these things all the memories are in there somewhere and in sleep the barrier to the unconscious mind is lifted. Memories come tumbling out, one association leads to another and then the mind constructs a story line in an effort to make some sense of the images, and that's what a dream is.

If you are unable to sleep, and/or feel very stressed, then those would be reasons to see a psychologist. But the dreams by themselves are not, nor are they in themselves a sign of anything bad to come.

• Like 1