Unable To Take 'no' As The Answer.

pattayadingo

chiangmaikelly

I used to always laugh at Pattaya TV, all these working class English guys trying to create some sort of faux upper crust scene. No, not everyone is a low life but its a reputation that you will ALWAYS wear dear friend.

Yes, Pattaya in this regard does appear to be changing for the better. One day they will shutter the gogos and then half the beer bars.

Pattaya though will always raise an eyebrow and will remain the bane of Thailand for years to come. Good luck scoring with chicks after you tell them where you live.

There are many pluses for living in the area. All washed out by its reputation and lack of beauty both in the city and surrounding provinces.

Good luck with the sailing, might try Phuket when you get some money to move up from the Sailfish.

Asia’s largest multi-class regatta, the Top of the Gulf Regatta, will take place in Thailand 4–8 May 2012 at Ocean Marina Yacht Club, Jomtien Beach, Pattaya. The 2012 TOG Regatta will see 13 competitive classes race in the Gulf of Thailand, including some of the top 40-footers in Asia and a record one-design Platu class competing for the prestigious Coronation Cup. 2012 Classes include: IRC 1, IRC 2, IRC 3, IRC 4 Cruising, Sports Boats, Platu (racing in the Coronation Cup), Ocean Multihulls, F18’s, Open Beach Multihulls,bah.gif

For some reason I thought you'd moved up to Chiang Mai. I'd assumed, with advancing age, that perhaps elephant polo was more your scene now.

Pure speculation on my part, but I would have thought that the sailing in Chiang Mai would fall short of what you were used to in Jomtien

SC

CM has lots of people who sail a bit close to the wind. they also spend a lot of time in their yacht clubs too but leave out the standing in a bathtub throwing currency into the water part.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is stating that myself or anyone else is trying to rob someone of their dignity or humanity? This is absurd.

The woman had a bad night with an obnoxious man and even if she was working in a proper restaurant most likely will have a few more. ITS PATTAYA.

I suggest she move to BKK and try her luck up there. Surely she must have some idea of the nonsense she will encounter. If she did not, she does now and if there is any further doubt, when the OP rides in on his white stallion he can inform her of all this fundamental Pattaya insights he has now be availed to on this thread.

Enlightenment.

CMKelly - Pattaya can host whatever it wishes, it will always be - Pattaya. There is nothing Pattaya can do to raise its reputation in the near to mid term. 10 years out even I have my doubts, especially with the Russians arrived.

Yachting, OK at least Thai's are a seafaring people, but Dressage and polo - I vomited in my mouth, but only a little bit. How removed is that from Thailand, it's culture and people? How positively post-neo-colonial of you. Poor horses - they must take a beating in the tropics.

Mint Juleps anyone?

Who is stating that myself or anyone else is trying to rob someone of their dignity or humanity? This is absurd.

The woman had a bad night with an obnoxious man and even if she was working in a proper restaurant most likely will have a few more. ITS PATTAYA.

I suggest she move to BKK and try her luck up there. Surely she must have some idea of the nonsense she will encounter. If she did not, she does now and if there is any further doubt, when the OP rides in on his white stallion he can inform her of all this fundamental Pattaya insights he has now be availed to on this thread.

Enlightenment.

CMKelly - Pattaya can host whatever it wishes, it will always be - Pattaya. There is nothing Pattaya can do to raise its reputation in the near to mid term. 10 years out even I have my doubts, especially with the Russians arrived.

Yachting, OK at least Thai's are a seafaring people, but Dressage and polo - I vomited in my mouth, but only a little bit. How removed is that from Thailand, it's culture and people? How positively post-neo-colonial of you. Poor horses - they must take a beating in the tropics.

Mint Juleps anyone?

My god open your eyes. I taught college students at the Pattaya horse shows between events. There are 60 polo ponies available for loan there. Don't be a dummy. High class is high class and taxi driver is taxi driver. Pattaya has polo and dressage. London has taxi drivers. Asia has had rich people interested in horses for years and years. Come up into the light. Not everyone enjoys watching men run around in polyester shorts. Some of us are civilized. Singapore Polo club (founded 1886). Thai polo club. Steady on there chap we asians have come a long way baby.

And so you won't look the fool next time Mint Julips are a symbol of horse racing at the Kentuky Derby in Louisville Kentuky.

And Thailand colonial? Sorry Thailand was never colony.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Enlightenment.

Mint Juleps anyone?

My god open your eyes. I taught college students at the Pattaya horse shows between events. There are 60 polo ponies available for loan there. Don't be a dummy. High class is high class and taxi driver is taxi driver. Pattaya has polo and dressage. London has taxi drivers. Asia has had rich people interested in horses for years and years. Come up into the light. Not everyone enjoys watching men run around in polyester shorts. Some of us are civilized. Singapore Polo club (founded 1886). Thai polo club. Steady on there chap we asians have come a long way baby.

And so you won't look the fool next time Mint Julips are a symbol of horse racing at the Kentuky Derby in Louisville Kentuky.

And Thailand colonial? Sorry Thailand was never colony.

I think you'll find polo is originally an Indian sport - Persian, according to Wikipedia...

One quote that I felt worth lifting

"Polo was played at the 2007 Southeast Asian Games. Nations that competed in the tournament were Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Jamaica, Thailand and Philippines. The tournament's gold medal was won by the Malaysian team, followed by Singapore with silver and Thailand with bronze."

I can assure you it will be natural fibres at the rugby league game, by the way.

I suppose some people live their lives by stereotype, and aren't interested in adjusting their world view to actual facts.

SC

A tiny number of super rich fils a papa hanging around a riding stables or a vinyard that papa kindly bought them is not evidence that the rest of Pattaya is anything but what it undeniably is.

Though I have no doubt that the trade in down town Pattaya benefits from visitors to the regata, the golf or the pony trotting.

A tiny number of super rich fils a papa hanging around a riding stables or a vinyard that papa kindly bought them is not evidence that the rest of Pattaya is anything but what it undeniably is.

Though I have no doubt that the trade in down town Pattaya benefits from visitors to the regata, the golf or the pony trotting.

Hardly a tiny number see the map. It is a large community. They even have their own police force with special uniforms!

post-73727-0-29926700-1347355531_thumb.j

post-73727-0-39576200-1347355603_thumb.j

Hells bells, I go away for a day to acquire a new motor and it's going to take me ages to catch up on this lot!!

Enlightenment.

Mint Juleps anyone?

It is not so much a case of what she might expect or not. But she is entitled to work in a reasonable establishment and be allowed to refuse a man's advance without being penned in and pestered not once but twice. The once after he came back to the bar and started again. The same applies to any woman working in a bar or restaurant.

Hells bells, I go away for a day to acquire a new motor and it's going to take me ages to catch up on this lot!!

Enlightenment.

Mint Juleps anyone?

It is not so much a case of what she might expect or not. But she is entitled to work in a reasonable establishment and be allowed to refuse a man's advance without being penned in and pestered not once but twice. The once after he came back to the bar and started again. The same applies to any woman working in a bar or restaurant.

Bar and restaurant staff used to refuse to serve Canadians in tourist areas of the US. It happened to me a couple of times and I fired the wait staff.

CMK I was just having a go at you, Minty drinks and silly hats struck me as about as outlandish as the horsie set gets.

Still, me thinks prancing ponies do not belong much of anywhere, lest of all SEA despite any borrowed tradition of Singaporeans.

+1

Not really, take a look at http://www.siampolonews.com/

Think it may be you who are a bit out of date.

post-73727-0-48237000-1347613098_thumb.j