Unable To Take 'no' As The Answer.

pattayadingo

Recently a female I know quite well who works in a bar was asked if she bar fined. She told the man, No. She has a boyfriend and she is happy with him. He asked her again that night and got the same reply.

The other night he cornered her and asked again to bar fine her and she said refused. He wandered off back to his table. When the lady went to serve at his table a little later he tried again. Another refusal. He enlisted the help of a Thai woman sitting at his table to talk to this lady. As the two women chatted he got up and walked round to their side of the table and put his arm out barring the way past. Each time she tried to go round him to go back to her work he barred the way with his other arm.

Eventually he seemed to get the message she was not interested and he left the bar. Ten or fifteen minutes later he came back and began all over again. This time while he had her way blocked he kissed (more of a peck really) her three times. Each time she turned her head away from him and managed to duck under his outstretched arm and get away. She went behind the work station and wiped her face clean too.

She is a polite lady in her 30's. She did not want to offend the customer and even asked the cashier what she should do. She was told she did not have to bar fine him. The cashier arranged for one of the other women to work that table. A few minutes later the man walked off.

Seems to me that some people do not seem to be able to take no for an answer and that simply because a woman works in a bar to earn a few Baht does not mean she is there for the taking, especially as in this lady's case she has a boyfriend.

Last night she asked me what she should do. All I could really say is that she can say no and maybe try to avoid serving at his or his friends table in the future, but in a small bar there are few staff working and the boss might not like that idea. I was tempted to tell her to throw some cold water or something over him if her corners her again, but that might receive a bad reaction, especially as he is a regular customer at the bar in question.

What do you think and what would you advise her to do?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dingo, go tell him like your doing him a favour by telling him, she has spoken to police and they are prepared to intervine. If it goes beyond that then the guy has a serious dysfunction and needs to be handled as such.

Unfortunately there are some who believe all Thai women are game and refuse to believe otherwise, sad fact. sad.png Tell her to quietly go to the bathroom so management and others can't see/hear her and make a phone call to the BF. Suspect a few minutes later things could get interesting. wink.png

You would advocate to potentially start a fight!!............ without even knowing anything about the two men! Are you for real? blink.png Lets hope that one of them isn't a pshyco with a blade in his back pocket then shall we because it might well get very "interesting."

Unfortunately there are some who believe all Thai women are game and refuse to believe otherwise, sad fact. sad.png Tell her to quietly go to the bathroom so management and others can't see/hear her and make a phone call to the BF. Suspect a few minutes later things could get interesting. wink.png

The OP hasn't clarified if the bar operates a bar fine system.

He doesn't appear to be talking about all Thai women, just one girl working in a hooker bar in Pattaya.

Anyway, even a hooker has the right to say no, if she doesn't like the look of a guy.

But if I remember correctly PD does like to make posts about Pattaya hookers that refuse customers so I'm thinking 'hidden motive' for making these posts. A bit of self-delusion maybe.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

He doesn't appear to be talking about all Thai women, just one girl working in a hooker bar in Pattaya.

Anyway, even a hooker has the right to say no, if she doesn't like the look of a guy.

But if I remember correctly PD does like to make posts about Pattaya hookers that refuse customers.

I guessing by this part that it does.

She was told she did not have to bar fine him.

While the guy is very out of order and the girl has every right to say no. It's only a matter of time before this happens if working in this environment.

Does she accept larger tips and lady drinks from drunk men because of where they expect it to lead ?

Edited by arthurwait

Of course the girl has a right to refuse, some guys are just too repulsive to take. Even money cant make it all go away. But the guys think they are so handsome because that is what they are told by everyone while paying for it they start to believe its them not the money.

• Like 1

But if I remember correctly PD does like to make posts about Pattaya hookers that refuse customers so I'm thinking 'hidden motive' for making these posts. A bit of self-delusion maybe.

Well lets ask him. PD have you made posts before about hookers that refuse customers? Maybe you could link them?

Of course the girl has a right to refuse, some guys are just too repulsive to take. Even money cant make it all go away. But the guys think they are so handsome because that is what they are told by everyone while paying for it they start to believe its them not the money.

What does being repulsive have to do with it? Ever consider that the girl is already being provided for financially by her boyfriend, therefore has no need to short time any guy, repulsive or handsome. She may also have a sense of loyalty, believe it or not, some do.

• Like 1

Surprise, surprise, a woman bar worker gets accosted in a bar.

What sorts of men does this woman expect to meet in a bottom end of the spectrum bar? Also the OP did not mention whether or not this woman is or is not available to guys as a takeaway and sometimes or never goes out with customers? It just appears that she doesn’t particularly fancy this one guy.

In these kinds of establishments female staff are going to frequently receive this sorts of unwanted attentions from low lives like that guy. If the woman is not a toughie, has no support from the boss and other staff members and unable to get her point across that no, means NO, than she’s not cut out for this kind of work and should leave, because I doubt that this incident has been a one off and won`t happen many times again in the future.

Edited by Beetlejuice

What does being repulsive have to do with it? Ever consider that the girl is already being provided for financially by her boyfriend, therefore has no need to short time any guy, repulsive or handsome. She may also have a sense of loyalty, believe it or not, some do.

Of course some do, but in general they don't work in a bar. In that kind of environment girls can get corrupted easy. But its easier to say no against a ugly guy then a a handsome one. I think its easier for you to say no to a ugly girl then a to a miss universe.

Of course some do, but in general they don't work in a bar. In that kind of environment girls can get corrupted easy. But its easier to say no against a ugly guy then a a handsome one. I think its easier for you to say no to a ugly girl then a to a miss universe.

That is a really interesting question. What are you attracted to? Goddess or Not the Goddess. As a result of my first three marriages I am scared of beauty queens and avoid them like the plague. Then there is that old song, “Never make a pretty woman your wife.”

Edited by chiangmaikelly

That is a really interesting question. What are you attracted to? Goddess or Not the Goddess. As a result of my first three marriages I am scared of beauty queens and avoid them like the plague. Then there is that old song, “Never make a pretty woman your wife.”

Might have known you'd have something to say in the matter! cheesy.gif

Might have known you'd have something to say in the matter! cheesy.gif

Like you didn't? clap2.gif