Where To Buy Methyl Alcohol / Isopropanol ?

THAILIBAN

I was surprised that I wasn't able to buy Methyl Alcohol / Isopropanol in the two big homework-retail-chainstores here as well as two big drugstore chainstores. I mean, it is actually rather a common item as it is /useful / needed to do some specific cleaning / desinfection jobs or not ?

any hints where to find it ?

ARRRGGGGHHH...... silly typos in the headline, but cannot edit headline :-/

MODs, pls help

Edited by THAILIBAN

Ethyl Alcohol 70% is what drug stores seem to sell here - I bought a six pack in local Lotus Pharmacy last week. It is blue color in plastic bottles made by Siribuncha Co. Ltd and has 3 year expiration date.

Topic title fixed. Actually, nearly all the blue bottle alcohol I see is Isopropyl / isopropanol . Maybe both types are blue to identify it as medicinal.

Surprised you can't find that in a store like homeworks/home-pro.

But it may be banned or the stores choose deliberately not to stock it, Some Thai's were probably drinking it!

Or maybe he is looking in the wrong places...try the pharmacies...they have it...its not banned

Actually, nearly all the blue bottle alcohol I see is Isopropyl / isopropanol .

Indeed that is what there website calls it but the label used now has been changed to clearly say Ethyl Alcohol on 60cc bottle. Website says:

SIRIBUNCHA alcohol. Antiseptic Alcohol.

Product Name: Alcohol 70% Fall components: ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 70% Indication: used to kill germs. Clean the wound using a clean wash equipments. Skin generally ...

http://www.siribunch...จุบัน

post-326-0-49091900-1347090384_thumb.jpg

((reference to removed post))

@satcommlee

yeah it was exactly these two chains who didnt have it.

@lobpuri

thanks for the LOTUS hint, will ask Dr. Google if there is an outlet nearby my (suburb-) location

and will bring a printout of your posted pic so even a non-english-speaker will know what I want

it is for cleaning surfaces that have been covered with MOLD btw..... the homework-stores only have those chemical sprays that contain chlorine which is a serious threat to health and that I definitely will not use....

Edited by lopburi3

ah okay, my Tesco would be Bangkapi/Happyland.... so we r near ;-)

it is actually quite a big Tesco and more a full-size shopping Mall, so I guess it will have a LOTUS-pharmacy there too.

Will give it a try and go there right now as the sun is shining (very rare in the past few weeks) and obviously no thunderstorm approaching

to follow up the topic and share with others who might be looking for the same thing in the future:

Went to my Tesco Lotus (Bangkapi/Happyland). there was no LOTUS pharmacy, but another quite big pharmacy called RX PHARMACY very near the cashier counters.

They had exactly that "ethyl alcohol" from the link lopburi3 shared with us.

bought two bottles at 43 THB each (even though there was a pricetag printed on the bottle by the manufacturer saying it is 52 THB each).

I would have liked to attach a pic, but no idea how to do that. when I click on "image", the Forum-system asks me for a URL ? Huuuuuh ?

nevertheless, thanks to those who helped me with the matter {"~_~"}

I would have liked to attach a pic, but no idea how to do that.

When you are in the reply box, click on More Reply Options at the bottom right of the box. You will then see the below. Just select the image from your hard drive by clicking on the Browse button and click on Attach This File.

post-566-0-21812100-1347187050_thumb.jpg